Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham... 15:21 - Jan 4 with 3156 viewsitfcjoe

1 point in 4 games since they sacked Rowett, dropped from being outside the play offs on GD to 13th and 7 points away from them.

This is what I fear would happen if Mick went - we have a squad in his mould and I just don't see someone coming in and hitting the ground running and pushing us up the table playing sexy football.

Birmingham look to be wasting a season where they had a good shot of the play offs, will they come back stronger next year? Who knows - but I can see why Evans sticks with stability rather than taking a risk.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Birmingham... on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 500 viewsBackToRussia

We've already been told MM is "going nowhere" so the chances we sack MM before the season is over is basically nil. The chances we sack him in the summer aren't much better I'd suggest.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Birmingham... on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 494 viewsSteve_M

Birmingham... on 17:11 - Jan 4 by BackToRussia

We've already been told MM is "going nowhere" so the chances we sack MM before the season is over is basically nil. The chances we sack him in the summer aren't much better I'd suggest.

Maybe not a sacking but it wouldn't surprise me unduly if we had a mutual parting of ways then. There's probably not a great deal more MM can do here without a good deal of money and a change then might suit everyone.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Birmingham... on 17:24 - Jan 4 with 479 viewstaximan

Birmingham... on 17:17 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Maybe not a sacking but it wouldn't surprise me unduly if we had a mutual parting of ways then. There's probably not a great deal more MM can do here without a good deal of money and a change then might suit everyone.

there is not a great deal any manager can do here without proper investment
Birmingham... on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 458 viewsstrikalite

That's like being in a relationship where you're not happy and you haven't been for a while, do you carry on for another year in the hope that it changes? Or finish it now knowing someone else could make you happy again?

Most Clubs for the sake of the Club and the fans choose the latter...
Birmingham... on 18:01 - Jan 4 with 439 viewsitfcjoe

Birmingham... on 17:51 - Jan 4 by strikalite

That's like being in a relationship where you're not happy and you haven't been for a while, do you carry on for another year in the hope that it changes? Or finish it now knowing someone else could make you happy again?

Most Clubs for the sake of the Club and the fans choose the latter...

I think it's more of a rocky patch after a really good few years.....

It might be the end, and things might improve.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Birmingham... on 18:22 - Jan 4 with 406 viewsBackToRussia

Birmingham... on 17:17 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

PL clubs aren't targeting MM any more, not even relegation threatened clubs. So the only way I see that happening is a Championship team with parachute payments comes after MM. But I think he views himself and football people see him as a Champ manager now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Birmingham... on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 396 viewsMullet

Birmingham... on 18:22 - Jan 4 by BackToRussia

PL clubs aren't targeting MM any more, not even relegation threatened clubs. So the only way I see that happening is a Championship team with parachute payments comes after MM. But I think he views himself and football people see him as a Champ manager now.

I'm not sure we know that for sure. But given what he did here for 3 years before this season it's not surprising they had him top of their list.

If anything we should be massively grateful Evans had the good sense to recruit MM at all given his record with and without him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Birmingham... on 18:31 - Jan 4 with 392 viewsbraveblue

Can't see Mick leaving and us dropping out of the top half!!
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham... on 19:43 - Jan 4 with 326 viewsBackToRussia

Birmingham... on 18:28 - Jan 4 by Mullet

I'm not sure we know that for sure. But given what he did here for 3 years before this season it's not surprising they had him top of their list.

If anything we should be massively grateful Evans had the good sense to recruit MM at all given his record with and without him.

The amount and variety of clubs that have been looking for a manager, e.g. Villa recently, and MM hasn't really been in the running I think shows us that. When he had us near the top of the table maybe but I think times move on quick in such matters.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024