Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tristram Hunt quits 09:45 - Jan 13 with 4789 viewsitfcjoe

To become director of V&A museum, another by election for labour to fight
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 9:45]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 777 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:17 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

you do know that the boundary changes haven't happened yet?

Yes and?
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 776 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:17 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

So why was Hunt hated by the people he was supposed to represent?

he isn't. just because you copy and paste it doesn't make it true.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:19 - Jan 13 with 774 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:18 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

Yes and?

so why do you think they'll affect the by-election?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:23 - Jan 13 with 766 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:19 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

I don't but it will do in future.
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:24 - Jan 13 with 761 viewsIpswichIrish

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:19 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

I think a lot of Labour grassroots members, activists are sick and tired of the likes of Hunt, Kendall, Woodcock, Reed, etc smugly, publicly slate Corbyn. I genuinely think they would rather the clueless, unelected May won in 2020 than Corbyn so they can oust him and move the party right. There's no difference between new Labour and tory in my opinion
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:30 - Jan 13 with 737 viewsGunnsAirkick

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:16 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

hunt is talented, clever, and a very effective communicator. he would have made an excellent minister. he represents the solid traditional centrist core of the party that won 3 general elections. to win we need to win back voters who have gone to the tories and ukip. yes it is very good that you've worked out that corbyn is a disaster.

Why do you feel the need to be so condescending when someone is trying to have a reasoned conversation with you, was there any need for that last line? I apologise if I have been prickly with you in the past for what it is worth.

Anyway, I don't deny that Hunt is a talented historian and an intelligent man. Do you honestly think he would appeal to Labour voters lost to UKIP though? I can see him appealing to floating Conservative voters. I can't think of anyone many worse to 'appeal' to working class UKIP voters who previously voted Labour though.
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:33 - Jan 13 with 713 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:12 - Jan 13 by IpswichIrish

1. Tory lite warmongers absolutely petrified to actually stand up for people on welfare, the trade unions, through fear of not being 'trusted on the economy'. I would vote f9r Corbyn because he can't be bought by scum like Murdoch and is anti trident which can never be used. Bliar should be ashamed to show his face after Iraq

2. Do you say that about everybody who doesn't agree with you?

2. No. But you have no other post history on an Ipswich Town FC message board other than your contribution to this thread.

Rather odd that you haven't contributed before considering our recent run of form.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:37 - Jan 13 with 681 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:12 - Jan 13 by GunnsAirkick

This is the problem, the current Government is not good but the Conservatives are very good at providing a relatively joined up message.

Labour are f**king terrible at providing a joined up message under Corbyn (if he can't go one day without stating different positions on policy himself, what hope does the party as a whole have of delivering unified policy positions?)
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 14:13]

I forgot to post the Labour List link

http://labourlist.org/2016/05/luke-akehurst-there-is-no-moral-obligation-not-to-

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:37 - Jan 13 with 678 viewsIpswichIrish

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:33 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

2. No. But you have no other post history on an Ipswich Town FC message board other than your contribution to this thread.

Rather odd that you haven't contributed before considering our recent run of form.

I could hardly 'post before' when I've just signed up today.
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:40 - Jan 13 with 668 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:33 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

When was the last time Lowhouse contributed to a footy thread?

You really are rather odd.
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:40 - Jan 13 with 664 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:37 - Jan 13 by IpswichIrish

I could hardly 'post before' when I've just signed up today.

Signed up today to support Jezza? OK.

Iron Lion Zion

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:42 - Jan 13 with 661 viewshype313

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:09 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

Tories won't win.

It depends if Labour voters now come back because Hunt has gone.

The other thing is that this constituency has been carved up recently in favour of the the tories in the recent boundry changes.

Has been carved up already?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:47 - Jan 13 with 639 viewsIpswichIrish

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:40 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

Signed up today to support Jezza? OK.

Good god.
Tristram Hunt quits on 14:51 - Jan 13 with 621 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:47 - Jan 13 by IpswichIrish

Good god.

God? That's more Bully's area of expertise.

What's your favourite cheese?

Iron Lion Zion

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:52 - Jan 13 with 612 viewsArcher4721

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:18 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

he isn't. just because you copy and paste it doesn't make it true.

What have I copied and pasted?
Tristram Hunt quits on 15:22 - Jan 13 with 553 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:40 - Jan 13 by Archer4721

When was the last time Lowhouse contributed to a footy thread?

You really are rather odd.

I posted constantly about keane and jewell. I can't face going round in the same old circle all over again. it's too depressing. i go to the home games and that's all of my brain I'm prepared to commit to football in it's current state.

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 540 viewsBOjK

Tristram Hunt quits on 13:16 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

Do you think Corbyn can survive losing three byelections in Labour held seats this year?

Probably.

I think the Unite leadership is likely to be more influential.

Although my predictions regarding Corbyn have proved to be less than accurate so far.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 540 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:30 - Jan 13 by GunnsAirkick

Why do you feel the need to be so condescending when someone is trying to have a reasoned conversation with you, was there any need for that last line? I apologise if I have been prickly with you in the past for what it is worth.

Anyway, I don't deny that Hunt is a talented historian and an intelligent man. Do you honestly think he would appeal to Labour voters lost to UKIP though? I can see him appealing to floating Conservative voters. I can't think of anyone many worse to 'appeal' to working class UKIP voters who previously voted Labour though.

I don't think traditional labour voters are looking for someone with a cloth cap. labour voters are, and always have been, diverse. most of them are not put off by someone being clever. the issue is about what policies they offer. people like hunt are much more in touch with the priorities of labour voters than bunch who have currently hijacked the party. the people who supported or turned a blind eye to corbyn's leadership are the ones who are utterly out of touch with labour voters.

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:29 - Jan 13 with 539 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:22 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

I posted constantly about keane and jewell. I can't face going round in the same old circle all over again. it's too depressing. i go to the home games and that's all of my brain I'm prepared to commit to football in it's current state.

I can't quite remember your views on Keane. You were a big fan weren't you?

Iron Lion Zion

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:32 - Jan 13 with 528 viewslowhouseblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:29 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

I can't quite remember your views on Keane. You were a big fan weren't you?

loved the guy. I now don't know if it's my football team or my political party which is the crappier.

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:34 - Jan 13 with 522 viewsStokieBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:24 - Jan 13 by IpswichIrish

I think a lot of Labour grassroots members, activists are sick and tired of the likes of Hunt, Kendall, Woodcock, Reed, etc smugly, publicly slate Corbyn. I genuinely think they would rather the clueless, unelected May won in 2020 than Corbyn so they can oust him and move the party right. There's no difference between new Labour and tory in my opinion

I hope by extension you are not saying that Corbyn is anything less than clueless.

If you are I refer you to Corbyn 2.0, the reboot from earlier in the week. All the evidence you need is right there.

May has been uninspiring thus far and a disappointment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:34 - Jan 13 with 522 viewshype313

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:32 - Jan 13 by lowhouseblue

loved the guy. I now don't know if it's my football team or my political party which is the crappier.

Both have Dinosaurs in charge, averse to changing philosphy, not going anywhere fast, so quite similar!

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 519 viewsStokieBlue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:42 - Jan 13 by hype313

Has been carved up already?

Not yet I don't believe.

He's just bitter on boundary changes as they will no longer completely favour Labour.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:39 - Jan 13 with 502 viewshype313

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:35 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Not yet I don't believe.

He's just bitter on boundary changes as they will no longer completely favour Labour.

SB

Thought as much.

Tristram Hunt quits on 15:49 - Jan 13 with 473 viewsfeelingblue

Tristram Hunt quits on 14:24 - Jan 13 by IpswichIrish

It doesn't really matter that much what Labour grassroots members think.

Unless they are not interested in being in government, they need to work out how to appeal to about 13,000,000 voters, not a few hundred thousand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024