Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of the 2200 at QPR 21:23 - Jan 13 with 3259 viewstextbackup

Who from here challenged those booing Douglas (the man) not the decision?

Who questioned those chucking abuse at him as he approached away end?

Increasingly seeing posters talking of those doing it, yet of the thousands of fans that post on here (without identity being known) not one person has said 'yeah I did that'

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:24 - Jan 13 with 1999 viewscruncher

Because they can't hide behind a keyboard and do it.
Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 1994 viewsMullet

I was surrounded by Town fans. I did tell the old boy screeching "disgrace" at Knudsen coming on why he was wrong.

Why?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:27 - Jan 13 with 1957 viewscruncher

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:26 - Jan 13 by Mullet

I was surrounded by Town fans. I did tell the old boy screeching "disgrace" at Knudsen coming on why he was wrong.

Why?

And I bet he said thank you for that and clapped his hands.
Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:28 - Jan 13 with 1947 viewsFixed_It

There were a couple of lads singing 'Mick McCarthy your football is sh!t', when it actually really wasn't on the day. They shut up when we equalised two minutes later.
I genuinely think that the booing was aimed at the negative nature of the substitution, rather than at Douglas per se. However, I wasn't one of the booers so others may have had a different perspective.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:29 - Jan 13 with 1912 viewsMullet

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:27 - Jan 13 by cruncher

And I bet he said thank you for that and clapped his hands.

Don't start Arsey.

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:30 - Jan 13 with 1902 viewstextbackup

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:26 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Why?

You told someone they were wrong?! I'm not having that, not you...

Just wondering that's all

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:32 - Jan 13 with 1869 viewsMullet

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:30 - Jan 13 by textbackup

You told someone they were wrong?! I'm not having that, not you...

Just wondering that's all

Nah, you're just insisting everything has to be aggressive and a confrontation, because that's how people like that think. As long as they're in a crowd.

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:32 - Jan 13 with 1855 viewscruncher

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:29 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Don't start Arsey.

Just telll me please what wasis reaction to you trying to convince the man he was wrong?
Login to get fewer ads

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:32 - Jan 13 with 1864 viewstextbackup

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:28 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

There were a couple of lads singing 'Mick McCarthy your football is sh!t', when it actually really wasn't on the day. They shut up when we equalised two minutes later.
I genuinely think that the booing was aimed at the negative nature of the substitution, rather than at Douglas per se. However, I wasn't one of the booers so others may have had a different perspective.

Of course the booing was for MM, I can't believe so many have jumped on the bandwagon that it was for JD. Even the fcking players are saying it now! MM rubbing his hands together thinking 'they'll talk about them booing more than my failings as a manager for this game atleast'

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:32 - Jan 13 with 1857 viewsNewcyBlue

Nope didn't challenge anyone booing. Each to their own. I won't boo. Ever.

At the final whistle I didn't hang around. It was a fair old journey back to Newcastle and I wasn't much pleased to see us lose. Certainly didn't blame Douglas. Thought Mick could have gone for it a bit more but understand why he didn't.

I don't disagree with the opinion that we have some idiotic fans, but that's not exclusive to us. The abuse to Douglas is unwarranted. I doubt many would go up to him in and Town and do the same. Any Town player pulling on our shirt deserves support.

We are just consistently inconsistent for a while, we have had a couple of good seasons and everyone has been full of hope.

It is the hope that hurts the most.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:33 - Jan 13 with 1864 viewsSitfcB

If the Mick Outers get heckled by Mick Inners, or Douglas boo'ers/ Douglas cheerers, get challenged, then they get all defensive and abusive because people aren't agreeing with them, so to save face a lot of people don't bother.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:34 - Jan 13 with 1830 viewstextbackup

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:32 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Nah, you're just insisting everything has to be aggressive and a confrontation, because that's how people like that think. As long as they're in a crowd.

You could argue in a room with yourself, you need to chill out

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:35 - Jan 13 with 1821 viewsMullet

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:32 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Of course the booing was for MM, I can't believe so many have jumped on the bandwagon that it was for JD. Even the fcking players are saying it now! MM rubbing his hands together thinking 'they'll talk about them booing more than my failings as a manager for this game atleast'

How about the second lot of booing after the sub when he came onto the pitch?

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:36 - Jan 13 with 1804 viewsitfcjoe

Of course the initial booing was for Mick and the choice of sub - no one is denying that. But it carried on for Douglas so how is that at Mick?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:37 - Jan 13 with 1789 viewsMullet

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:34 - Jan 13 by textbackup

You could argue in a room with yourself, you need to chill out

Says the bloke starting a thread to reopen an argument? You can't seem to avoid being personal, how about we get back to the point you were trying to make.

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:39 - Jan 13 with 1779 viewsSitfcB

Initial boo'ing was for MM + chants of 'You don't know what you're doing'.

But, JD was boo'ed whenever he touched the ball, and on one occasion he was abused right in his face when he collided with the advertising boards.

COYB

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:39 - Jan 13 with 1776 viewstextbackup

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:35 - Jan 13 by Mullet

How about the second lot of booing after the sub when he came onto the pitch?

To ensure MM got the message! Dress it however anyone wants, putting Douglas on killed the fans hopes of winning that game. It's all micks fault
I'm not saying there wasn't anyone booin Douglas, but I'd bet it's at most 15/20... you lot, chambers, mick, you're going on like every single person in the away end that day did it

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 1728 viewstextbackup

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:39 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

Initial boo'ing was for MM + chants of 'You don't know what you're doing'.

But, JD was boo'ed whenever he touched the ball, and on one occasion he was abused right in his face when he collided with the advertising boards.

How many booed him when touching the ball? This is my wuestion

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 1716 viewsMullet

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:39 - Jan 13 by textbackup

To ensure MM got the message! Dress it however anyone wants, putting Douglas on killed the fans hopes of winning that game. It's all micks fault
I'm not saying there wasn't anyone booin Douglas, but I'd bet it's at most 15/20... you lot, chambers, mick, you're going on like every single person in the away end that day did it

But this is just you insisting you're right because it's convenient and part of the ongoing whinge.

You have absolutely no way of knowing how right/wrong you are but keep playing it down.

As for your last sentence, that's just further nonsense to try and massage your view. Even if the intention was one thing, it resulted in affecting Douglas and the rest of the squad. With absolutely no positives.

How many were booing around you?

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 1718 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Texters some clearly booed Douglas

The second boo of the two in the space of two minutes

I know you don't believe me, or don't want to, but that's what was happened.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 1714 viewsSuperfrans

I did. And so did one or two others around me - and again when some of the idiots started shouting "your football is sh!t", when we'd been playing some of our best football of the season,

We also tried to "inform" those booing the withdrawal of Kenlock that he was hobbling and obviously injured.

I was upstairs though, so didn't see or hear the booing of Douglas as he approached the away end.

Good enough?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:44 - Jan 13 with 1696 viewstextbackup

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:37 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Says the bloke starting a thread to reopen an argument? You can't seem to avoid being personal, how about we get back to the point you were trying to make.

Argument? I simply asked questions, you answered. Then you told me I wasn't wrong with my reply... when all I said was 'I was just asking'
Made yourself like a right one here haven't you
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 21:46]

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:45 - Jan 13 with 1699 viewsSitfcB

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:43 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Enough for Chambers to hear it at the other end of the pitch, and Phil in the press box, and everyone else in the ground.

COYB

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:45 - Jan 13 with 1682 viewsElderGrizzly

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:43 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Was it? Sitters gave a very good example of something that is completely unacceptable, but you've dismissed it. Almost like it's the wrong type of booing?
Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:46 - Jan 13 with 1669 viewsMullet

Of the 2200 at QPR on 21:44 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Argument? I simply asked questions, you answered. Then you told me I wasn't wrong with my reply... when all I said was 'I was just asking'
Made yourself like a right one here haven't you
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 21:46]

But you're not interested in the answers that don't fit your prejudices, so it's clear you want an argument again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024