Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay 17:00 - Jan 18 with 16622 viewscarlisleaway

Push McCarthy on behalf of TWTD to leave or protect your position

This site has funded you well over the past few years time to show your colours.....
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 23:20 - Jan 18 with 1765 viewsWeWereZombies

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 21:51 - Jan 18 by monty_radio

According to the recent film, Denmark, a smallish power who no longer punched as hard on the European scene as some of their own supporters thought they still did, or ought to, took on a bigger power without acknowledging they were now actually ill-equipped and staffed with ageing leaders who did not realise that the world had moved on. They looked to the battlefield to prove they were capable of the top league, but were not able to take on the better funded divisions of the heavyweight, Prussia.

Now, you're not trying to draw an analogy with any contemporary situation, are you?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:13 - Jan 19 with 1676 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:22 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

Yes, so I'm waiting for your correction now ;) (or was it your way of joking?!). Some people might find that they have to refresh the whole site page, rather than just the thread - might depend on their connection, tho I'm no internet guru. It's something I've done several times, so it definitely does work.

Here you can have it back :)

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:19 - Jan 19 with 1673 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 20:07 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

I didn't realise that. Have done it now. Thanks R.

I did admit to it yet still got 3 down votes myself.

Schoolboy error BB

I learnt that one the hard way

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:20 - Jan 19 with 1670 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 22:02 - Jan 18 by Yallop

I really don't understand the point of this thread. Phil runs the website but why on earth does it matter which way he swings.

we are talking about football right ?

Gentlybentley

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:21 - Jan 19 with 1667 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:20 - Jan 19 by Benters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:24 - Jan 19 with 1662 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:19 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Schoolboy error BB

I learnt that one the hard way

erm she's a Lady ?

Gentlybentley

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:25 - Jan 19 with 1662 viewsbrogansnose

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:20 - Jan 19 by Benters

Golf swing innit.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:31 - Jan 19 with 1653 viewstrncbluearmy

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:17 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

You have many down votes for a reason.

Phil is a fan, but he has to remain balanced, it's called professionalism.

Why don't you email the club and push McCarthy to leave on behalf of yourself?

Think you have hit the nail on the head as to what the situ is now.

But when TWTD was just a mag sold on the corners of the Northstand it was edgy and everything was fair game.
I remember writing a right dodgy article about what really happened in naaarich on away days when Town use to storm the place arriving in some cases the night before.

Now it`s just a social media outlet dominated by a small group of people I have absolutely no empathy with whatsoever.
I don`t think I`m alone with this, the site gets thousands of hits but only a few actually contribute.
I suppose a case in point for me is live streams, other fan sites openly advise streams and were to find them even those links on here in deepest code are removed.
For me TWTD is just the same as the EADT now.

Personally I hope there are proper demo`s at the next home game I admire other fans who have decided to do something about it and I hope it gets full publicity on here without the normal patronising comments from those who do nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:33 - Jan 19 with 1643 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:31 - Jan 19 by trncbluearmy

But when TWTD was just a mag sold on the corners of the Northstand it was edgy and everything was fair game.
I remember writing a right dodgy article about what really happened in naaarich on away days when Town use to storm the place arriving in some cases the night before.

Now it`s just a social media outlet dominated by a small group of people I have absolutely no empathy with whatsoever.
I don`t think I`m alone with this, the site gets thousands of hits but only a few actually contribute.
I suppose a case in point for me is live streams, other fan sites openly advise streams and were to find them even those links on here in deepest code are removed.

Personally I hope there are proper demo`s at the next home game I admire other fans who have decided to do something about it and I hope it gets full publicity on here without the normal patronising comments from those who do nothing.

The fact that only a certain percentage of viewers actually 'contribute' as you put it can't be blamed on those of us who do though can it?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:34 - Jan 19 with 1642 viewsBenters

Blimey

Gentlybentley

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:36 - Jan 19 with 1629 viewsRaedwald_625

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:33 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

The fact that only a certain percentage of viewers actually 'contribute' as you put it can't be blamed on those of us who do though can it?

I think most of us know what he means.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:36 - Jan 19 with 1629 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:34 - Jan 19 by Benters

Blimey

He seems to have a problem with the number of posters on here but then also moans about the ones who regularly contributed like you and I benters.

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:37 - Jan 19 with 1625 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:36 - Jan 19 by Raedwald_625

I think most of us know what he means.

Go on then.. What does he mean?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:45 - Jan 19 with 1618 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 06:36 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

He seems to have a problem with the number of posters on here but then also moans about the ones who regularly contributed like you and I benters.

Some people are just odd Rommy !

Gentlybentley

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 07:53 - Jan 19 with 1558 viewsNewcyBlue

"A social media outlet dominated by a small group of people"

There are many, many posters on here.

"When TWTD was just a mag"

Boooooo TWTD moved on, was at the forefront of technology and reached many more people.

Perhaps you can write a right dodgy article for Turnstile Blues?

You need to remember that this is Phil's income. Why can't people understand this?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 08:07 - Jan 19 with 1532 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicely put but I think quite a few of us from 'the old days' still contribute a bit although, yes, we are not quite as full on as we once were. In part this is down to being older and, well we all have our own opinions of certain posters but generally, wiser. However the legal and social landscape of these forums has also changed and become more restrictive but also more inclusive and I mainly welcome that because it does make me stop and think before I hit the reply button (honestly, I do...) and I think what we have lost in the glory of snarling invective and brutal frankness has been adequately replaced by having a wider range of Town fans contributing. Just a shame that the focus of our ire has shifted from Nodge to own manager...

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 09:12 - Jan 19 with 1452 viewsvapour_trail

Woe is me.

I'm sure Gav has plenty of analytics that tell the story of how this site is used, and I suspect it's well removed from your anecdotal observation.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 09:58 - Jan 19 with 1406 viewsJ2BLUE

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 09:12 - Jan 19 by vapour_trail

Woe is me.

I'm sure Gav has plenty of analytics that tell the story of how this site is used, and I suspect it's well removed from your anecdotal observation.

Not only that but I see so many people mention the 'small group of users/clique' but i'd like to point out how easy it is to become part of this group. All you have to do is post regularly and have at least a basic level of common sense.

Occasionally a few even slip through the net who only do the first one like hoppy and Newcy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:02 - Jan 19 with 1393 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 09:58 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Not only that but I see so many people mention the 'small group of users/clique' but i'd like to point out how easy it is to become part of this group. All you have to do is post regularly and have at least a basic level of common sense.

Occasionally a few even slip through the net who only do the first one like hoppy and Newcy.

I always find it amusing when the 'herd' is brought up

You know you are winning an argument on here when that card suddenly gets played

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:03 - Jan 19 with 1388 viewsNewcyBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 09:58 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

You've changed since you became a member of the clique....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 1379 viewsJ2BLUE

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:03 - Jan 19 by NewcyBlue

You've changed since you became a member of the clique....

Yea I was an even bigger **** before that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:09 - Jan 19 with 1374 viewsSwailsey

Is this a record number of downvotes for a thread which hasn't been pulled?!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:52 - Jan 19 with 1308 viewsRyorry

How long do you think the site would last (the same site on which you're currently being allowed to express your criticisms of course) - if Phil n Gav didn't observe legal requirements?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:59 - Jan 19 with 1279 viewsWeWereZombies

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:52 - Jan 19 by Ryorry

How long do you think the site would last (the same site on which you're currently being allowed to express your criticisms of course) - if Phil n Gav didn't observe legal requirements?

Obviously not very long but it would go down in a blaze of glory...well, a melt of glory anyway...

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 1242 viewsnodge_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:56 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

He was pretty much asked the second one last night, although in slightly less inflammatory terms!

Whether the club is in a position to pay him off or otherwise is purely speculation. There may well be some clause in his contract stipulating what any pay-off would be. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case.

If not, we'd keep paying him his wage until there is a settlement or he gets another job, which I would guess wouldn't be that long.

On that basis we must have kept Roy Keane and Paul Jewell going nicely for a while :-).

Its such a mess Phil. Can't you sort it out?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024