Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ 20:53 - Jan 18 with 5247 viewskizaitfc

Because I honestly dont, it seems to have very similar feelings.

Poor players continually being picked
Lack of quality coming in, in transfer window
Risk of losing anything good we currently have
Dwindling crowds
Going into every game including games against non league expecting to lose
Failure to string 5 passes together
An owner still too afraid to show his face and take responsibility
An arrogant manager who thinks he knows best and to hell with what fans think

Anyone else want to add to this?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 20:57 - Jan 18 with 2995 viewsWonky

PJ was worse, as soon as the first goal was conceded and you knew it was game over.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:03 - Jan 18 with 2969 viewsdavblue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 20:57 - Jan 18 by Wonky

PJ was worse, as soon as the first goal was conceded and you knew it was game over.

Yep, Jewells team loved to concede 3 or more.

At least we done concede shed loads.

I will miss our ability to grind out wins when he goes, for everyone wanting a manager who plays brilliant football, there's a place for grinding out wins.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:05 - Jan 18 with 2962 viewsHerbivore

Yes, I feel better than I did under PJ (adrift at the bottom with a team full of loanees and mercenaries on short term deals) and Keane (15 games without a win, more mercenaries and turgid performances from an expensive squad). It's not great, far from it, but it's a way away from those desperate times imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:10 - Jan 18 with 2945 viewskizaitfc

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:03 - Jan 18 by davblue

Yep, Jewells team loved to concede 3 or more.

At least we done concede shed loads.

I will miss our ability to grind out wins when he goes, for everyone wanting a manager who plays brilliant football, there's a place for grinding out wins.

That is without doubt the only thing keeping us and Micks job alive

However even those grinding 1-0 wins isnt particularly entertaining an thats been an issue since he has been here for a lot of people

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:10 - Jan 18 with 2946 viewsSwansea_Blue

10x better. Keane was the worse thing that's happened to this club in the modern era and PJ was useless.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:11 - Jan 18 with 2929 viewsMullet

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:10 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

10x better. Keane was the worse thing that's happened to this club in the modern era and PJ was useless.

and worse than Keane, which is perversely impressive.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:18 - Jan 18 with 2891 viewsSteve_M

We're inconsistent at the moment though, we're not losing five, six matches on the trot as we did under those two. They also had far more of ME's money to fritter away.

I sell think we're more like the end of Magilton's time in charge. We have mainly good Championship players but too many are in poor form or in decline. Two or three judicious signings for the start off next season and it looks a good deal better. ME had given every manger one good transfer window, so I expect the next one to get that.

As per my blog, we are likely to repeat the cycle in 18 months time though.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 21:41]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:22 - Jan 18 with 2858 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It's inconsistent and when we're bad, we are terrible.

But it's 79361 times better than Keane and PJ

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:32 - Jan 18 with 2816 viewsdavblue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:10 - Jan 18 by kizaitfc

However even those grinding 1-0 wins isnt particularly entertaining an thats been an issue since he has been here for a lot of people

Yep all true. People wanted someone who would grind out results and get dirty wins at times but it has gone too far the other way. Mick knows it but I'm not sure he has the answer.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:34 - Jan 18 with 2793 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:10 - Jan 18 by kizaitfc

Entertainment wise has generally been better this season.

Although you wouldn't believe three of us who went to Sheffield Wednesday and told you we were excellent that day. So there are good performances. Blackburn at home Saturday. Or will you not believe that wasn't bad either?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:38 - Jan 18 with 2768 viewsdavblue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:34 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Although you wouldn't believe three of us who went to Sheffield Wednesday and told you we were excellent that day. So there are good performances. Blackburn at home Saturday. Or will you not believe that wasn't bad either?

The games I've seen only Norwich, QPR were decent, the rest were utter dross. Appreciate you have been to more than me though.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:41 - Jan 18 with 2737 viewskizaitfc

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:34 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

there has not been one entertaining game from us this season

Yes some good results, but have we ever been entertaining?

Saturday was probably the best we've seen in all honesty but we have to play better footballer to win the fans over.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:43 - Jan 18 with 2725 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:41 - Jan 18 by kizaitfc

Saturday was probably the best we've seen in all honesty but we have to play better footballer to win the fans over.

But that's where you are wrong.

We were excellent at Sheffield Wednesday. You weren't there but you refuse to believe that.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:44 - Jan 18 with 2715 viewsHerbivore

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:41 - Jan 18 by kizaitfc

Not one entertaining game? Now you're just being silly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:45 - Jan 18 with 2706 viewsSarge

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 20:57 - Jan 18 by Wonky

Get that feeling now. I don't know the stats but our wins from behind this season must be pretty shocking. If we concede first that's pretty much it.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:49 - Jan 18 with 2672 viewsDarth_Koont

I think you're forgetting how sparse the youngsters were around the squad and how old, expensive or on loan the rest of them were. That felt like a rip it up and start again moment, which I don't think a new manager would have to do now barring three or four players.

Back then, not only did it feel like we were heading for League One but that we were unlikely to bounce back and would have to rebuild down there. That's difficult enough for a club with the support of Sheffield United - for us it could have been more terminal. Mick still deserves a lot of credit and respect for making that squad immediately competitive even though we still needed to get rid of most of them.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:15 - Jan 18 with 2590 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:49 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

I think you're forgetting how sparse the youngsters were around the squad and how old, expensive or on loan the rest of them were. That felt like a rip it up and start again moment, which I don't think a new manager would have to do now barring three or four players.

Back then, not only did it feel like we were heading for League One but that we were unlikely to bounce back and would have to rebuild down there. That's difficult enough for a club with the support of Sheffield United - for us it could have been more terminal. Mick still deserves a lot of credit and respect for making that squad immediately competitive even though we still needed to get rid of most of them.

I have to ask myself what have we done to deserve this, Keane then Jewell (the worset by a mile) and now this ?! It's purgatory. I wish I could be s hit like some and switch clubs, but I can't. Stuck with it like a millstone. Went to Chelsea game recently at the Bridge and it was like the bit in Wizard of Oz where it goes from black and white to colour after trudging to Portman Rd.

BOT

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:18 - Jan 18 with 2565 viewsTollycobbold

At least with RK, you'd have known everyone of the players from last night would now be dead
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:19 - Jan 18 with 2557 viewsNewcyBlue

I feel so much better.

I am lying in bed next to a beautiful woman, I have a son who just by saying "Daddy" makes my heart sing, I earn more money than I ever have done in my life.

Town will win some games and lose some games. Managers will come and go. I may even get to the odd game.

All in all, it is just a game and I am not worried. Promotion or relegation, I will always support the Town, I will do my hardest to make my little boy a Town fan, and he can share that with me in all its g(l)ory...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:24 - Jan 18 with 2529 viewschripswich

I think its much worse than then..

MM inherited a side that was capable of much more than anything the current side could do..i don t buy into him being some sort of saviour at that time, i think most of us could have kept that particular side in the division.

Now? well unless someone else can come in and restore some pride and most importantly confidence we're f****d..MM's tactics have knocked every ounce of flare out of this team. Not that they have much anyway..

Better to have to have loved and lost than live with a flippin' psycho for the rest of your life!!
Blog: [Blog] Getting Keaner!

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:35 - Jan 18 with 2475 viewsDarth_Koont

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:15 - Jan 18 by BorisOrTrevor

I have to ask myself what have we done to deserve this, Keane then Jewell (the worset by a mile) and now this ?! It's purgatory. I wish I could be s hit like some and switch clubs, but I can't. Stuck with it like a millstone. Went to Chelsea game recently at the Bridge and it was like the bit in Wizard of Oz where it goes from black and white to colour after trudging to Portman Rd.

We've chopped and changed our approach since Marcus Evans has been here. Suddenly having money destroyed Magic (or specifically the midfield), having money and then having it turned off half-way through crippled Keane even if he probably wouldn't have spent it wisely, then we had Jewell who went from investing in a long-term approach to blowing money on a short-term approach with loanees then back again (could have been the other way around but it was rudderless all the same). Now Mick's task has changed given competitive hasn't been enough because the entertainment has been poor and he's had to try for a possibly uncomfortable mix of youth and possession-based football without the talisman of Murphy who's covered many shortcomings in the squad before then.

It's a far cry from the Swansea approach that elevated them to the Premier League and established them there. Forget the last couple of years as they've struggled to take the next step and have slipped back, but they worked from a very clear vision that didn't change much even with a new manager and new funds came in.

I think we have learnt a lot of good things over this time and I like the sense behind the 5-point plan. We're just 4 or 5 years too late and we've exhausted too much patience along the way. Not to mention p!ssed millions up the wall that could benefit us with such a vision.

The key is that the new manager must come in with that 5 -point plan as the strategy, something approaching Steve M's manifesto on the pitch, and probably a bit more cash. Not sh!t or bust but I think ME needs to give a new vision (and manager) time and resources before we again jump to the next quick fix.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:38 - Jan 18 with 2460 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:24 - Jan 18 by chripswich

MM inherited a side that was capable of much more than anything the current side could do..i don t buy into him being some sort of saviour at that time, i think most of us could have kept that particular side in the division.

Now? well unless someone else can come in and restore some pride and most importantly confidence we're f****d..MM's tactics have knocked every ounce of flare out of this team. Not that they have much anyway..

It's not worse

It just isn't

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:39 - Jan 18 with 2443 viewsDarth_Koont

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:24 - Jan 18 by chripswich

At the end with Jewell, we didn't own half of those players and couldn't afford them either. Totally unsustainable AND we were rock bottom - it may feel worse now because we've been starved of positives over the vast majority of the last 15 years but objectively there's no comparison.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:44 - Jan 18 with 2403 viewsStokieBlue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:22 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

It's inconsistent and when we're bad, we are terrible.

But it's 79361 times better than Keane and PJ

I would say the Fulham and Lincoln away matches were right up there with the RK and PJ era.

Not every match is but those two were some of the worst displays I have seen from town.

It's sad :(.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:49 - Jan 18 with 2388 viewsRadlett_blue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:35 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

We've chopped and changed our approach since Marcus Evans has been here. Suddenly having money destroyed Magic (or specifically the midfield), having money and then having it turned off half-way through crippled Keane even if he probably wouldn't have spent it wisely, then we had Jewell who went from investing in a long-term approach to blowing money on a short-term approach with loanees then back again (could have been the other way around but it was rudderless all the same). Now Mick's task has changed given competitive hasn't been enough because the entertainment has been poor and he's had to try for a possibly uncomfortable mix of youth and possession-based football without the talisman of Murphy who's covered many shortcomings in the squad before then.

It's a far cry from the Swansea approach that elevated them to the Premier League and established them there. Forget the last couple of years as they've struggled to take the next step and have slipped back, but they worked from a very clear vision that didn't change much even with a new manager and new funds came in.

I think we have learnt a lot of good things over this time and I like the sense behind the 5-point plan. We're just 4 or 5 years too late and we've exhausted too much patience along the way. Not to mention p!ssed millions up the wall that could benefit us with such a vision.

The key is that the new manager must come in with that 5 -point plan as the strategy, something approaching Steve M's manifesto on the pitch, and probably a bit more cash. Not sh!t or bust but I think ME needs to give a new vision (and manager) time and resources before we again jump to the next quick fix.

trouble is, ME hasn't been very good at picking managers, has he? Yes, we'd all like to blame that on Dodgy Harry, but if Mick does go, I have certain qualms over the likely replacement, especially as Evans won't give him much in the way of transfer funds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024