Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diagouraga & Taylor 09:43 - Jan 22 with 3078 viewsBlueGoonie

Good mate of mine who's a season ticket holder at St James Park says we're best steering well clear of Taylor, in his words "he'll made Berra look like an athlete". This is the same guy I quoted on here previously as saying we were the worst side that's visited SJP this season, so on that basis his judgement is pretty much on the money.

Another mate of mine who's a die-hard dirty Leeds fan said Diagouraga is a decent player and has done well for them, but since Monk has come in he doesn't fancy him and has frozen him out. Sounds like he's a decent acquisition for us to add some steel to our watery midfield.
Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 2815 viewsCoco

Meh

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:23 - Jan 22 with 2750 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anyone could watch us and make that judgement.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:31 - Jan 22 with 2683 viewsKieran_Knows

I personally think Diagouraga is a very good player at this level, well he certainly was in that Brentford side a couple of years ago, and the fact that Warburton tried taking him up to Rangers with him shows that he's a good player. My only gripe is that it's a loan deal, would have much preferred it to of been a permanent move, but I imagine he's on a fair whack at Leeds and we're probably only paying a percentage of his wages.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 2631 viewsITFCBlues

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:31 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

I personally think Diagouraga is a very good player at this level, well he certainly was in that Brentford side a couple of years ago, and the fact that Warburton tried taking him up to Rangers with him shows that he's a good player. My only gripe is that it's a loan deal, would have much preferred it to of been a permanent move, but I imagine he's on a fair whack at Leeds and we're probably only paying a percentage of his wages.

I believe that Rotherham were close to a permenant deal a couple of weeks back

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:42 - Jan 22 with 2560 viewspointofblue

Taylor is an understandably panicked (potential) signing due to our lack of cover at the back. Yes, he may have issues bit if we lose another centre back we'll be down to the bare bones - we're playing Digby as it is.

Diagouraga seems to be more promising the more I hear. We need that steel and grit in midfield so maybe he'd work well alongside Skuse and one of Bru or Dozzell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:42 - Jan 22 with 2554 viewsKieran_Knows

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:36 - Jan 22 by ITFCBlues

I believe that Rotherham were close to a permenant deal a couple of weeks back

Interesting. As I say, annoyed that it's a loan, but still a every good signing. Let's see how he does between now and the summer and maybe we'll sign him permanently (which I'm sure would be dependant on whether Mick is still in charge).

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:45 - Jan 22 with 2523 viewstiptreeblue

add steel to a watery thing and surely it will rust?, hopefully not though
Our centre backs don't need to be athletic.... on 10:45 - Jan 22 with 2521 viewsBloots

....they just need to be able to take the ball off our midfielders, exchange passes with our full backs 5 or 6 times and then bang it into touch.

Taylor will be a decent signing in that respect.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:47 - Jan 22 with 2491 viewsbournemouthblue

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:42 - Jan 22 by pointofblue

Taylor is an understandably panicked (potential) signing due to our lack of cover at the back. Yes, he may have issues bit if we lose another centre back we'll be down to the bare bones - we're playing Digby as it is.

Diagouraga seems to be more promising the more I hear. We need that steel and grit in midfield so maybe he'd work well alongside Skuse and one of Bru or Dozzell.

I liked him at Brentford, similar to Skuse but perhaps a bit more forward thinking?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 2328 viewsElderGrizzly

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:31 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

Douglas was a very good player for Brentford a few years ago.... 😉
Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:32 - Jan 22 with 2280 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:28 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

Yes because he was used in a different way.
Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:35 - Jan 22 with 2241 views3_5_2

I never liked Taylor at Newcastle, he is a cheats, was an average head and kick it cb and he is only here for the money.

According to the Portland Timbers fans forum they are well shot of him, hugely disappointment.

But I guess this could be a new start for him, blah blah blah

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:37 - Jan 22 with 2231 viewsElderGrizzly

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:32 - Jan 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes because he was used in a different way.

I know. I was one of his biggest 'backers' when he was being mis-used by Mick last season
Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:39 - Jan 22 with 2212 viewsKieran_Knows

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:28 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

True, but helps that Diagouraga is about 5 years younger than Douglas.

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:42 - Jan 22 with 2172 viewsDyland

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:37 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

I know. I was one of his biggest 'backers' when he was being mis-used by Mick last season

Not altogether dissimilar to Keane and Leadbitter, though this was more inept management from Keane considering Grant was meant to be the team's lynch pin. Fans also slagged off Leadbitter without really understanding very much about football. Basically there are loads of football fans who think they know what they are talking about but actually haven't got the first clue.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:43 - Jan 22 with 2165 viewsSuperfrans

Taylor has been a decent centre half. He's spent most of his career in the Premierhip. He looked out of sorts in last year's relegation side, but there's no reason why he couldn't do a job in the Championship. I couldn't believe he's only 30 (31 tomorrow).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 2138 viewsElderGrizzly

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:43 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

Taylor has been a decent centre half. He's spent most of his career in the Premierhip. He looked out of sorts in last year's relegation side, but there's no reason why he couldn't do a job in the Championship. I couldn't believe he's only 30 (31 tomorrow).

That's my view too. People judging on the PL are slightly unfair.

He's not playing Aguero etc anymore and i'm sure can do a job until the end of the season. Just whether he wants more than a deal until the end of the season.

I think it will suit both parties though. Experience for 4 months in a very bare-looking defence and he has a chance to win a contract at a higher level?
Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 2130 viewsbournemouthblue

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:42 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Not altogether dissimilar to Keane and Leadbitter, though this was more inept management from Keane considering Grant was meant to be the team's lynch pin. Fans also slagged off Leadbitter without really understanding very much about football. Basically there are loads of football fans who think they know what they are talking about but actually haven't got the first clue.

The role Leadbitter was asked to do was an insult to his pricetag really

He was clearly better suited to plating further up the pitch where Mowbray immediately moved him when he took over at Boro

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 2094 viewsolimar

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:43 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

Thats what I thought too. Id actually see him more of a long term purchase than short term- his immediate fitness may be a bit wayward (potentially) and we have Smith available in the next month, but if he gets himself up to speed in the next few weeks then he could become a good asset for next season and beyond. Particularly if Berra is off, and hes always struck me as a good leader figure, so that cant do us any harm either.
Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:55 - Jan 22 with 2049 viewsSuperfrans

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:45 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

That's my view too. People judging on the PL are slightly unfair.

He's not playing Aguero etc anymore and i'm sure can do a job until the end of the season. Just whether he wants more than a deal until the end of the season.

I think it will suit both parties though. Experience for 4 months in a very bare-looking defence and he has a chance to win a contract at a higher level?

I suspect he'd want 18 months. I'd not be averse to that. Even the likes of Webster could benefit from his experience, not to mention Digby, Spence even. And all the more logical if Berra is looking to go this summer.

It's if he's looking for 2.5 years that I might consider passing. That's quite a commitment.

Diagouraga & Taylor on 15:23 - Jan 22 with 1591 viewsolimar

Diagouraga & Taylor on 11:55 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

I suspect he'd want 18 months. I'd not be averse to that. Even the likes of Webster could benefit from his experience, not to mention Digby, Spence even. And all the more logical if Berra is looking to go this summer.

It's if he's looking for 2.5 years that I might consider passing. That's quite a commitment.

Also add in the experienced players who benefit from having someone alongside them who knows what they are doing. Always recall the huge difference in McGreals form in 03/04 when Eliot came in and he didnt have to carry Naylor through games, but could concentrate on his own game.
Delaney was just the same, hes remembered by some fans for his poor performances as the experienced player in the back four, but when he played alongside McAuley, he was a vastly different player.
Diagouraga & Taylor on 15:36 - Jan 22 with 1515 viewsSuperfrans

Diagouraga & Taylor on 15:23 - Jan 22 by olimar

Also add in the experienced players who benefit from having someone alongside them who knows what they are doing. Always recall the huge difference in McGreals form in 03/04 when Eliot came in and he didnt have to carry Naylor through games, but could concentrate on his own game.
Delaney was just the same, hes remembered by some fans for his poor performances as the experienced player in the back four, but when he played alongside McAuley, he was a vastly different player.

Indeed. This could quite easily apply to Berra, who has had Knudsen or Kenlock one side and Webster the other for all of this season.

Diagouraga & Taylor on 15:43 - Jan 22 with 1499 viewsbraveblue

Diagouraga & Taylor on 10:42 - Jan 22 by pointofblue

Sorry. Not understandable at all. Just a reflection of our lack of scouting and inept management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024