Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . 07:14 - Jan 24 with 10653 viewsBenters

You know one of those pleasant chaps who ran down the defenceless lad and hacked him to pieces,is claiming £20'000 for losing two teeth in a scuffle with prison guards ..

Please stop the World i want to get off !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:46 - Jan 24 with 750 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:37 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Mate I agree that the rational thing is to let them have a life sentence in prison.

But I also know if some sick c-nt tortured my parents or my little brothers or even my dog, I'd completely want revenge. I'd accept that revenge as capital punishment hoping it was a painful way. If it was a life sentence, I wouldn't feel I've got what I want as revenge. Sadly that's how my mindset is if it was done to my family.

I am not criticising you, I promise.

EDIT - that was as long winded and unnecessarily complex a response as I've seen on here in months, sorry.

To simplify - do you think your reaction to wanting to see someone suffer, in the case of your family being the victim(s), is rational because of that context?

Or do you agree that it's irrational but that you don't care, because of that context?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 16:50]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:51 - Jan 24 with 728 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:40 - Jan 24 by BlueinBrum

You're on a very slippery slope IMHO with that kind of thinking Rommers.

Your comments on this thread so far seem to be centred around the concept of punishment as a form of revenge (you mention wanting perpetrators to suffer etc), which I don't think is a civilised way to approach the subject.

All I've said is:

1) I only want capital punishment if it was my family murdered

2) I don't think he should have any claim for money allowed if he's in prison for murder

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:52 - Jan 24 with 716 viewsSwailsey

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:14 - Jan 24 by Benters

Oh christ shut up you tart !

Come on now, that's an out of character reply from you.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:53 - Jan 24 with 716 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:51 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

All I've said is:

2) I don't think he should have any claim for money allowed if he's in prison for murder

You've said far more than that, implicitly.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:53 - Jan 24 with 715 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:46 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

I am not criticising you, I promise.

EDIT - that was as long winded and unnecessarily complex a response as I've seen on here in months, sorry.

To simplify - do you think your reaction to wanting to see someone suffer, in the case of your family being the victim(s), is rational because of that context?

Or do you agree that it's irrational but that you don't care, because of that context?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 16:50]

I know you aren't criticising. Just a good debate.

Irrational. Massively irrational.

However, that's my stance on it as it would be my family mustered for absolutely no reason at all.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:54 - Jan 24 with 704 viewsBlueinBrum

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:51 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

All I've said is:

Well the exact quote was "I'd want proper slow and painful revenge on the guilty c***s"

I'm not telling you what to think mate I just think you're approaching the concept of punishment from the wrong angle. It's not about revenge it's about dealing with the perpetrators in the way which is best for society without acting inhumanely (IMO).
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:57 - Jan 24 with 689 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:53 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

You've said far more than that, implicitly.

But what though?

If it was my family, I'd want revenge in the form of a painful death. However, as I am not a fighting kinda geezer, I'd go for the next best thing in capital punishment.

I have to stress, this is only the case if it was my family and if it was a murder in cold blood. If my 10 year old brother was killed by a drunk driver for example, I'd be angry but I wouldn't want a death sentence. Only for a cold blooded murder

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:57 - Jan 24 with 685 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:53 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I know you aren't criticising. Just a good debate.

Irrational. Massively irrational.

However, that's my stance on it as it would be my family mustered for absolutely no reason at all.

For me, that's a start.

Agreeing that your response is irrational is, potentially, that acorn of humanism which may one day grow into an acquiescence of the fact that the death penalty serves no purpose.

Always remember that the death penalty for your families murderer is only satisfying your wish for vengeance. It is not justice.

Login to get fewer ads

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:58 - Jan 24 with 680 viewschicoazul

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:54 - Jan 24 by BlueinBrum

Well the exact quote was "I'd want proper slow and painful revenge on the guilty c***s"

I'm not telling you what to think mate I just think you're approaching the concept of punishment from the wrong angle. It's not about revenge it's about dealing with the perpetrators in the way which is best for society without acting inhumanely (IMO).

What is punishment, if not revenge? I dont think protecting society from bad people is punishment, I think its just sensible. It's not punishment althought it probably has the happy side effect of making those bad people feel bad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:59 - Jan 24 with 673 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:54 - Jan 24 by BlueinBrum

I would want exactly that if they've killed my family. And in the way of the lee rigby murder. Not like a drunk driver as I said above. But a deliberate torturous cold blooded murder to a family member.

But as that isn't going to happen, capital punishment is what will have to be the settlement.

As I said, I'm probably wrong on that morally. But I don't mind that. That's how I'd be and I'd love nothing more if they've stabbed my kid brother 30 times to watch them burn to death.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:01 - Jan 24 with 663 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:57 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

But what though?

If it was my family, I'd want revenge in the form of a painful death. However, as I am not a fighting kinda geezer, I'd go for the next best thing in capital punishment.

I have to stress, this is only the case if it was my family and if it was a murder in cold blood. If my 10 year old brother was killed by a drunk driver for example, I'd be angry but I wouldn't want a death sentence. Only for a cold blooded murder

Revenge. It reduces you to the worst of yourself, and serves no purpose. Compassion, and forgiveness, are the order of the day. Aim for those.

I have sought revenge, on occasion, but now abhor the ways in which I tried to inflict it upon others.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:02 - Jan 24 with 654 viewsjeera

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:59 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I would want exactly that if they've killed my family. And in the way of the lee rigby murder. Not like a drunk driver as I said above. But a deliberate torturous cold blooded murder to a family member.

But as that isn't going to happen, capital punishment is what will have to be the settlement.

As I said, I'm probably wrong on that morally. But I don't mind that. That's how I'd be and I'd love nothing more if they've stabbed my kid brother 30 times to watch them burn to death.

By that reasoning would you then have to be hanged for your crime?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:02 - Jan 24 with 654 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:58 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

What is punishment, if not revenge? I dont think protecting society from bad people is punishment, I think its just sensible. It's not punishment althought it probably has the happy side effect of making those bad people feel bad.

"What is punishment, if not revenge?"

I am dumbfounded.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 643 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:02 - Jan 24 by jeera

I will prejudge his response.

No, because 'justice will have been done' (lex talionis).

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:06 - Jan 24 with 637 viewsBlueinBrum

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:58 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Jesus that's an awful way to look at the subject in my opinion
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:06 - Jan 24 with 637 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:01 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

Revenge. It reduces you to the worst of yourself, and serves no purpose. Compassion, and forgiveness, are the order of the day. Aim for those.

I have sought revenge, on occasion, but now abhor the ways in which I tried to inflict it upon others.

I don't want to look like a bad geezer here. I fear I'm coming across as one.

But anyway, it would be irrational I know but I'd want them to suffer like they'd made my family suffer. The thought of that person being in prison making 20k claims (even if it is declined) and watching DVDs in prison and stuff after doing such a terrible thing to my family would absolutely kill me.

As I said, I fear my complete honesty has made me look like a blood loving d1ckhead now

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:07 - Jan 24 with 633 viewsBlueinBrum

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:06 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

But anyway, it would be irrational I know but I'd want them to suffer like they'd made my family suffer. The thought of that person being in prison making 20k claims (even if it is declined) and watching DVDs in prison and stuff after doing such a terrible thing to my family would absolutely kill me.

As I said, I fear my complete honesty has made me look like a blood loving d1ckhead now

While i don't agree with you the self-awareness you show sets you miles ahead of the worrying blood-lust displayed by certain others in this thread.
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:11 - Jan 24 with 613 viewsunbelievablue

The honesty is admirable.

The vengeance you admit to seeking, despite such a gut-wrenchingly atrocrious, emotionally overwhelming situation, is not.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:12 - Jan 24 with 612 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:02 - Jan 24 by jeera

What crime?

As I said, I'm not that type of person so I'd have to leave it to the courts where I'd hope for the death penalty. If it's a life sentence, I'd spend my days hoping he was murdered in prison and probably struggle to move on until that happened

I wouldn't kill them myself, I'm a lover not a fighter

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:13 - Jan 24 with 605 viewsjeera

As others have said though Rommers, they would probably feel the same way too. I certainly would. I'd want them to suffer as much as possible in the nastiest and most twisted way.

And that's exactly why we need an objective system that doesn't allow those affected on the jury.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:14 - Jan 24 with 597 viewsjpring89

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 16:20 - Jan 24 by Benters

No hang the bastard is what i say

No i think the got it spot on letting them play playstation or xbox W@nking off to their hearts content. Thats torture i bet
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 17:17]

Poll: What irritates you more ?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:14 - Jan 24 with 598 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:12 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

What crime?

As I said, I'm not that type of person so I'd have to leave it to the courts where I'd hope for the death penalty. If it's a life sentence, I'd spend my days hoping he was murdered in prison and probably struggle to move on until that happened

I wouldn't kill them myself, I'm a lover not a fighter

I'm unsure if you should be able to use that trope, given your self-confessed willingness to enjoy watching someone burn alive.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:15 - Jan 24 with 590 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:07 - Jan 24 by BlueinBrum

While i don't agree with you the self-awareness you show sets you miles ahead of the worrying blood-lust displayed by certain others in this thread.

I know that hoping they were rotting underground is morally wrong.

And i don't agree with the death penalty in principle.

But il giving my honest opinion if hypothetically my brother was killed like lee rigby. If *toucjes wood* something terrible like that was to happen, perhaps I'd be so broken by it that I wouldn't even care if it was prison or death. I'm simply predicting and I would think id want them to suffer death.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:16 - Jan 24 with 585 viewsjeera

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:14 - Jan 24 by jpring89

No i think the got it spot on letting them play playstation or xbox W@nking off to their hearts content. Thats torture i bet
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 17:17]

Ah, the polarised thinking.

So often the answer.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:16 - Jan 24 with 583 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 17:13 - Jan 24 by jeera

As others have said though Rommers, they would probably feel the same way too. I certainly would. I'd want them to suffer as much as possible in the nastiest and most twisted way.

And that's exactly why we need an objective system that doesn't allow those affected on the jury.

Why would you want them to suffer as much as possible in the nastiest and most twisted way?

An honest, unqualified question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024