Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... 10:21 - Jan 24 with 1677 viewshoppy

so they don't get the penalty.... we then manage to sneak a late winner, taking us through to Wembley... what happened next, and what since, and where are we now?
Which key players did or didn't leave/join that summer?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:35 - Jan 24 with 1621 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We beat Boro 2-0 and Texters got a tattoo of mick on his face.

We then stayed up with a late winner at West Brom last season simultaneously sending Sunderland down. The England job subsequently went to Glenn Hoddle. This season we are 13th but eliminated in the fa cup after a loss in the replay at Plymouth.

Benters is a season ticket holder, Portman road sells out every week (other than once in December against Swansea) and DoobDude has issued a public apology in The Daily Mail to Marcus Evans whilst the whole of TWTD finally listened to me and BELIEVED!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:42 - Jan 24 with 1586 viewsKieran_Knows

We beat Boro 2-1, Murph scores a winner in injury time.

That summer, we sign Steven Fletcher, Stephen Ward, Kevin Doyle and Michael Kightly (Mick's old boys from Wolves). Stephen Hunt is also offered a new 1 year deal. Mings stays and is offered a new 4 year contract, Paul Anderson still leaves on a free transfer.

Despite all the odds, and the favourites to go down, Mick see's us safe in our first season back in the top flight with 2 games to spare.

Martin O'Neill then resigns from the Ireland job after a terrible run in Euro 2016 qualifying which see's them miss out on a place in France. Mick leaves Town to take over the Ireland job.

In a panic, Evans appoints Harry Redknapp. We see a bid for Jermaine Defoe rejected, but we do manage to sign Niko Krancjar, Clint Hill and Peter Crouch. Unfortunately however, we currently sit bottom of the Premier League, 5 points adrift at the bottom with only 3 wins and 3 draws so far this season.

Looks like a big January 2017 transfer window is needed to keep Ipswich safe from the drop this season ......
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 10:43]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:46 - Jan 24 with 1561 viewsNo9

As Town only had one goal attempt all game I beleive you have a dream

As we were lucky that Jerome missed a number of sitters you should think it lucky your dream wasn't a nightmare
So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:54 - Jan 24 with 1522 viewshoppy

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:46 - Jan 24 by No9

As Town only had one goal attempt all game I beleive you have a dream

As we were lucky that Jerome missed a number of sitters you should think it lucky your dream wasn't a nightmare

Erm... that's kind of the idea... I know the reality, it was just a thought as to how things might've panned out had it been different.

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:56 - Jan 24 with 1508 viewsReuser_is_God

We lost to Boro & are in this exact same position.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:57 - Jan 24 with 1491 viewshoppy

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:56 - Jan 24 by Reuser_is_God

We lost to Boro & are in this exact same position.

Did Boro turn up against us then? As I recall they didn't against Norwich, did they?

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 11:02 - Jan 24 with 1465 viewsStenvict

Mick called a reporter an ostrich. After a few other problems he got sacked, but we managed to stay up in our first season back in the Premier League. We currently sit top of the Premier League and Sears broke the goalscoring record for consecutive games. I've got £10 on us to win the league this season at 5000/1.

We can't, can we?????

Poll: What will be announced first?

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 11:11 - Jan 24 with 1426 viewsNo9

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 10:54 - Jan 24 by hoppy

Erm... that's kind of the idea... I know the reality, it was just a thought as to how things might've panned out had it been different.

I understand but think of it this way -

You are having a dream where Town are hitting the woodwork, many shots on target, and ALMOST- then nature interrupts & you go for a pi$$

When you come back for the 2nd half Town have become statues & they walk it
Login to get fewer ads

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 11:16 - Jan 24 with 1404 viewstextbackup

We would have won at Wembley, no doubt about it.

We'd have gone up, had a couple of massive results at home, been awful on the road. Gone down

We'd be with MM still but we'd have spent a bit on quality champ players and probably gone back up again

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 11:33 - Jan 24 with 1355 viewsGeoffSentence

Berra doesn't handle, so they score direct from the shot. Tommy Smith equalises with a poachers finish from inside the 6 yard area, Nathan Edmond wakes up and contributes to two more goals and the budgies win 3-1.

Ahhh, the stuff dreams are made of.

That is a complete fantasy, of course, because with 11 Town players on the pitch Edmond would not have found the space to wake up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 12:58 - Jan 24 with 1173 viewsbournemouthblue

Given Boro only arrived at the game 45 minutes before kick off, we'd have certainly had a good chance. They doubled Norwich that season but failed to show up in the final perhaps for that reason?

We smashed them at home and then were smashed away so who knows how it would have panned out.

I still think Boro at home that season was our best performance because our pressing game was at it's height. We didn't give them a moments peace and rendered them totally ineffective.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 1147 viewsTractorCam

We would currently be in Leicester phase, top of the league with Stephen Hunt being the league's top scorer after just surviving on the final day of last season.

But you can't blame Berra for doing what he did

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 13:28 - Jan 24 with 1060 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 11:33 - Jan 24 by GeoffSentence

Berra doesn't handle, so they score direct from the shot. Tommy Smith equalises with a poachers finish from inside the 6 yard area, Nathan Edmond wakes up and contributes to two more goals and the budgies win 3-1.

Ahhh, the stuff dreams are made of.

That is a complete fantasy, of course, because with 11 Town players on the pitch Edmond would not have found the space to wake up.

Edmond?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 13:53 - Jan 24 with 988 viewsGeoffSentence

So, playoffs 2014/15, Berra doesn't handle... on 13:28 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Edmond?

Redmond, I meant Redmond, leastways I think I did, I don't follow the budgies closely enough to know the names of their players properly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024