Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? 13:04 - Jan 24 with 3451 viewsbontcho

Gerken?

Just trying to work out how much flex we have in the summer around budgets etc.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 3436 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra & Chambers also I believe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:13 - Jan 24 with 3401 viewsbontcho

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:05 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

Berra & Chambers also I believe.

Yeah Berra is, hence the talk of him going back north of the border.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:18 - Jan 24 with 3369 viewshector_clifford

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:13 - Jan 24 by bontcho

Yeah Berra is, hence the talk of him going back north of the border.

Giles Coke and Douglas as well I
Think.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:20 - Jan 24 with 3350 viewsReuser_is_God

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:18 - Jan 24 by hector_clifford

Think.

Both signed 4 year extensions.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:23 - Jan 24 with 3321 viewsJ2BLUE

http://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=playerIndex

Gerken will surely get a new deal? We probably won't find a better #2 in our budget.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:24 - Jan 24 with 3320 viewsKieran_Knows

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:18 - Jan 24 by hector_clifford

Think.

Just had a quick google, looks like the following are out of contract this summer;

1. Gerken (think we have 1 year option on his deal though)
4. Chambers (1 year option to extend)
6. Berra (1 year option to extend)
9. Best (1 year option to extend)
12. Spence
14. Digby (1 year option to extend)
16. Coke (1 year option to extend)
22. Douglas
30. Kenlock
38. Crowe

There may be a couple more, maybe Phil know's of others?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:26 - Jan 24 with 3295 viewsRobTheMonk

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:24 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

Just had a quick google, looks like the following are out of contract this summer;

12. Spence
22. Douglas
30. Kenlock
38. Crowe

Best and Coke definitely to go. Who of the others?
Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:30 - Jan 24 with 3262 viewsITFC1983

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:26 - Jan 24 by RobTheMonk

I'd keep Crowe, let Gerken go. Bart is number 1 and aslong as we keep him then remove Gerken's wages and have a younger back up.

Keep-
Chambers
Berra
Kenlock

Let Go-
Best
Coke
Douglas

To early to judge Spence. And would maybe keep Digby as a cheap back up player.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Login to get fewer ads

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:32 - Jan 24 with 3250 viewshector_clifford

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:24 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

12. Spence
22. Douglas
30. Kenlock
38. Crowe

It's not going to be fair on the players who have one year options, and they might not find out until May if we want to take up the option. Mick might want them but might not be staying, or a potential new manager might not want them.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 3234 viewsRobTheMonk

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:30 - Jan 24 by ITFC1983

I'd keep Crowe, let Gerken go. Bart is number 1 and aslong as we keep him then remove Gerken's wages and have a younger back up.

Keep-
Chambers
Berra
Kenlock

Let Go-
Best
Coke
Douglas

To early to judge Spence. And would maybe keep Digby as a cheap back up player.

I'd probably agree with this bar Berra. I think his best days are behind him. Not sure what his wages are like but if we continue playing 3 at the back then I think we need to be looking at replacing Berra with a left sided CB. A Smith / Webster left footed hybrid would be great with Smith eventually moving to the centre.
Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:39 - Jan 24 with 3206 viewsPJH

12. Spence
22. Douglas
30. Kenlock
38. Crowe

Also(I think):--

Benyu
Robinson
McLoughlin
Patterson
Fowler
Smith C
Marsden
Blanchfield

Would imagine that some of them likely to be offered new deals though.
Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:44 - Jan 24 with 3165 viewsITFC1983

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:34 - Jan 24 by RobTheMonk

I'd probably agree with this bar Berra. I think his best days are behind him. Not sure what his wages are like but if we continue playing 3 at the back then I think we need to be looking at replacing Berra with a left sided CB. A Smith / Webster left footed hybrid would be great with Smith eventually moving to the centre.

Good point ref Berra, I guess it does depend on his wages and also who we might be able to get in to add to the defensive line...

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:45 - Jan 24 with 3156 viewsJ2BLUE

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:26 - Jan 24 by RobTheMonk

Stay

1. Gerken - one year option activated but no new deal
4. Chambers - one year option activated but no new deal
14. Digby - one year option activated but no new deal
30. Kenlock - new deal
38. Crowe - new deal, he might well reject it though rather than be third choice

Go

22. Douglas
12. Spence
6. Berra - negotiates exit and one year extension not activated.

Truly impaired.

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:48 - Jan 24 with 3121 viewsGuthrum

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:23 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

http://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=playerIndex

Gerken will surely get a new deal? We probably won't find a better #2 in our budget.

Looking down that list brings out how Tommy Smith has, fairly quietly, become the player with most appearances for the club (256) - by quite some way, even despite missing virtually all of this season.

I still think of him as someone fairly new.

Chambers is the only one even close, on 221.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 13:49]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 14:02 - Jan 24 with 3061 viewsemergencylime

IF Gerken doesn't stay, I think its time to put faith in Crowe as #2. He was one of the positives of the U23s defeat by the sounds of it, and I don't recall him ever having howlers when he plays.
With ME's plan to give the kids a chance, I don't always think about the GKs we have coming through. Crowe is imposing, Hayes is an U17 regular, and Marsden is on a great learning curve at Leiston.
What message would it send out if we actively look elsewhere for the next understudy to King Bart and ultimately his challenger for #1...

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 14:40 - Jan 24 with 2982 viewsRadlett_blue

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:32 - Jan 24 by hector_clifford

It's not going to be fair on the players who have one year options, and they might not find out until May if we want to take up the option. Mick might want them but might not be staying, or a potential new manager might not want them.

I guess that's why the club seem to be stalling on Chambers, although arguably that's the whole point of writing an "option" into a contract.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 15:22 - Jan 24 with 2914 viewsStadiumofdark

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:45 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Stay

30. Kenlock - new deal
38. Crowe - new deal, he might well reject it though rather than be third choice

Go

22. Douglas
12. Spence

Spence go?

Having not seen his 60min debut, you're quick to make your mind up!! 😂😂
Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 15:52 - Jan 24 with 2863 viewsbournemouthblue

12. Spence
22. Douglas
30. Kenlock
38. Crowe

Given the transfer targets and the signing of Moore, can you see Best staying, there's no way he can be enjoying it?

Whilst he's not the long term answer, I really don't think we have helped him with the way we have used him. He was on a hiding to nothing at Lincoln.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 15:56 - Jan 24 with 2855 viewsRadlett_blue

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 15:52 - Jan 24 by bournemouthblue

Given the transfer targets and the signing of Moore, can you see Best staying, there's no way he can be enjoying it?

Whilst he's not the long term answer, I really don't think we have helped him with the way we have used him. He was on a hiding to nothing at Lincoln.

Best's still getting paid, isn't he? He didn't have a club as presumably Rotherham wouldn't pay him what he thought he was worth. He has scored 4 goals in his last 55 senior appearances.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 16:01 - Jan 24 with 2833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:45 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Stay

30. Kenlock - new deal

Go

22. Douglas
12. Spence

Agree with that

I'd be happy with a cheap number two keeper of Gerken. Will we get better for cheaper? Doubt it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 16:05 - Jan 24 with 2822 viewsJ2BLUE

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 15:22 - Jan 24 by Stadiumofdark

Spence go?

Having not seen his 60min debut, you're quick to make your mind up!! 😂😂

Where did I say it was any judgement on his ability or his debut? I was just making predictions. If Spence is good enough to be given a new deal then it would be great for us as we've long needed a RB and we could have two battling for the shirt as I think Emmanuel is decent based on what i've seen.

Truly impaired.

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 00:15 - Jan 25 with 2623 viewsmadmouse1959

Berra, Chambers and Douglas have to go.

shampoo dave

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 01:26 - Jan 25 with 2587 viewsBinner

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 13:48 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Looking down that list brings out how Tommy Smith has, fairly quietly, become the player with most appearances for the club (256) - by quite some way, even despite missing virtually all of this season.

I still think of him as someone fairly new.

Chambers is the only one even close, on 221.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 13:49]

Was thinking much the same a few days ago when someone referred to him as a 'youngster'. I think it's time to stop calling him that, now...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Who do we know are out of contract in the summer? on 08:15 - Jan 25 with 2443 viewsjas0999

12. Spence
22. Douglas
30. Kenlock
38. Crowe

Best, coke and Douglas will surely leave?

Kenlock is the one I'd be looking to give a new deal to and Chambers. Berra likely to leave for personal reasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024