Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... 14:06 - Jan 27 with 2714 viewsitfcjoe

...chicken, bacon, stuffing and mayo for me.

Sometimes I fancy an All Day Breakfast, or if looking for something lighter a ham and cheddar.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:08 - Jan 27 with 2700 viewsJakeITFC

Yeah, solid choice.

The way that Sainsbury's have changed their meal deal is criminal.
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:09 - Jan 27 with 2696 viewsSWGF

When our kitchen was a pile of rubble for a few weeks, I made good use of the local Tesco meal deal. You can pay almost £3 for a packet of Kettle Chips as it is. Add in a bottle of DIet Coke and a Chicken Caesar wrap and you're quids in.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:10 - Jan 27 with 2695 viewsitfcjoe

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:08 - Jan 27 by JakeITFC

Yeah, solid choice.

It's a joke - poor selection (I usually go ham and cheese there as only think worthy) of cheap looking rubbish.

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:12 - Jan 27 with 2683 viewsitfcjoe

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:09 - Jan 27 by SWGF

When our kitchen was a pile of rubble for a few weeks, I made good use of the local Tesco meal deal. You can pay almost £3 for a packet of Kettle Chips as it is. Add in a bottle of DIet Coke and a Chicken Caesar wrap and you're quids in.

There was a bakery near my old house where to compete with the Tesco express over the road you could have a freshly made large roll, crisps (REAL handcooked brand), a can of fizzy with a fresh cake for £3.

They sadly shut down just before last Xmas

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 2657 viewstextbackup

Couple of egg omelette with a sht load of veg.
There's a real lunch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:20 - Jan 27 with 2650 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm all about the bargains today.

There's a One Stop next to my barbers, so for £3 I've enjoyed the following:

Double Cheese & Chutney on Brown bread sandwich
Pork Pie
Relentless Zero
8/10

Also, on filling up the car on the way home, the garage had 10x Strongbow Dark Fruits for £9 plus 2x big bags of dorito's for £1

*burp*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:21 - Jan 27 with 2636 viewsitfcjoe

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:19 - Jan 27 by textbackup

Couple of egg omelette with a sht load of veg.
There's a real lunch

Hard to make one of them on the road - too cold to get enough heat of my engine to get the pan hot....!

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:27 - Jan 27 with 2608 viewstextbackup

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:21 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Hard to make one of them on the road - too cold to get enough heat of my engine to get the pan hot....!

Gas stove! Or make a small fire, don't tell me you didn't learn that at gusford!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:35 - Jan 27 with 2590 viewsITFC_Forever

Yeah, solid choice.

Agreed - the only options worth having to actually get the value of the meal deal in Sainsburys are the ham and cheese, chicken, bacon or bacon and egg sarnie.

Unfortunately, they are the nearest supermarket to work, there and back is a nice stroll at lunchtime.

Before they changed it, their Taste The Difference sandwiches were included in the meal deal - they're £3 on their own, so you were getting the drink and crisps free.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 15:03]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:38 - Jan 27 with 2566 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah, solid choice.

Not sandwich related, but M&S have a banging protein-based meal deal offer on at the moment. Can get about £9 worth of grub for £4, and all decent stuff too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:40 - Jan 27 with 2549 viewsKieran_Knows

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:38 - Jan 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sandwich related, but M&S have a banging protein-based meal deal offer on at the moment. Can get about £9 worth of grub for £4, and all decent stuff too

Thanks for that, will pop in there tomorrow when i'm in town!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:41 - Jan 27 with 2537 viewstheblueginger

I find the Morrison's range to be quite good, the coronation chicken and mixed triple options are both decent options. You can also get items such as sausage rolls as the 'extra' and innocent smoothies included in the deal, which cost about £2.60 my themselves.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:41]
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 2501 viewshoppy

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:35 - Jan 27 by ITFC_Forever

Agreed - the only options worth having to actually get the value of the meal deal in Sainsburys are the ham and cheese, chicken, bacon or bacon and egg sarnie.

Unfortunately, they are the nearest supermarket to work, there and back is a nice stroll at lunchtime.

Before they changed it, their Taste The Difference sandwiches were included in the meal deal - they're £3 on their own, so you were getting the drink and crisps free.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 15:03]

Boots are still pretty good for their individual sandwich to meal deal price ratio, with some reasonable choices too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 2498 viewsReuser_is_God

BLT

Co-op have upped their sandwich game lately too, really good now where they used to be sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:54 - Jan 27 with 2472 viewsartsbossbeard

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:47 - Jan 27 by Reuser_is_God

BLT

Co-op have upped their sandwich game lately too, really good now where they used to be sh1t.

I fully concur with this.

Their Chicken & Bacon with mayo is a joy to behold. Closely followed by the chicken & stuffing option.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 15:36 - Jan 27 with 2389 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed.

1: Tesco Chicken bacon and stuffing
2: Waitrose chicken and bacon
3: Waitrose egg and bacon

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 15:36 - Jan 27 with 2389 viewsBluefish

The winner is Morrisons. Salad bar plus any snack (loads of options) and any drink £3

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 15:39 - Jan 27 with 2371 viewsBlueastheycome

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:09 - Jan 27 by SWGF

The Tesco meal deal is the only thing that gets me through the working day.

I worked out the other day that a £3 Tesco meal deal with a yorkie bar on top comes to £3.64 a day for my working day food allowance.

So with that in mind and abit of maths, I'm spending £72.80 a month on lunch at work.

Seems hefty in reflection but so worth it every single day when I can't be assed to make a pack up.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 15:44]
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 16:41 - Jan 27 with 2263 viewsbrogansnose

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 15:36 - Jan 27 by Bluefish

The winner is Morrisons. Salad bar plus any snack (loads of options) and any drink £3

When we were working near a Morrisons we used to go in grab a baguette then go to the 'cooked counter' and buy a bag of six sausages. It used to come to around £2.50 for the lot.

Co-Op Chicken , red onion and stuffing sandwich is good. Tesco's bread for their sandwiches isn't that good.
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 16:45 - Jan 27 with 2246 viewsReuser_is_God

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 16:41 - Jan 27 by brogansnose

When we were working near a Morrisons we used to go in grab a baguette then go to the 'cooked counter' and buy a bag of six sausages. It used to come to around £2.50 for the lot.

Co-Op Chicken , red onion and stuffing sandwich is good. Tesco's bread for their sandwiches isn't that good.

Morrisons do good pies too.

My clients are in food retail so I spend a lot of time in various stores & the staff canteens are superb. I had pie, mash, beans & gravy at a Morrisons the other day for 78p.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 2227 viewsbrogansnose

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 16:45 - Jan 27 by Reuser_is_God

Morrisons do good pies too.

My clients are in food retail so I spend a lot of time in various stores & the staff canteens are superb. I had pie, mash, beans & gravy at a Morrisons the other day for 78p.

Their pies are the best. This is fact.
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 18:43 - Jan 27 with 2152 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 14:20 - Jan 27 by artsbossbeard

I'm all about the bargains today.

There's a One Stop next to my barbers, so for £3 I've enjoyed the following:

Double Cheese & Chutney on Brown bread sandwich
Pork Pie
Relentless Zero
8/10

Also, on filling up the car on the way home, the garage had 10x Strongbow Dark Fruits for £9 plus 2x big bags of dorito's for £1

*burp*

I love that flavour strongbow

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 18:59 - Jan 27 with 2121 viewsFreddies_Ears

Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 16:48 - Jan 27 by brogansnose

Their pies are the best. This is fact.

Morrisons is a wonderful supermarket, especially if you want to shop just like your parents did in the 1970s. There's not a lot of deli / foreign stuff (big shout out to vast sizes of basic Indian spices in the Ipswich store though), but great for bikkies, cakes, pies, British ready meals...

They're the obvious choice for Brexiteers! (that wasn't meant as a criticism btw).
Best supermarket meal deal sandwich.... on 19:26 - Jan 27 with 2076 viewsParisBlue

Tesco's ham and egg is the sandwich of choice. Or whatever is reduced...cos I'm a tight git

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024