Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) 15:50 - Feb 7 with 7338 viewsKeno

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:56 - Feb 7 with 1378 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:51 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Who is then?

The owners of the Federal Reserve.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:57 - Feb 7 with 1373 viewsJ2BLUE

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:53 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

His vice president and chief advisor.

Here's the Tango'd One wpictured recently with Steve Bannon.

Alec Baldwin is about as funny as being kicked in the nuts. Twice. By someone wearing steel toe-capped boots. Who doesn't like you very much. And is the kicker for the Oakland Raiders.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:59 - Feb 7 with 1364 viewsStokieBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:56 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

The owners of the Federal Reserve.

Who's that then?

And if you say it's the banks then they are legally obliged to take a stake in the reserve under US law and have no say in the running of the central bank.

None of this will matter of course as you only like secretive things you can find on the internet or possibly on TV hosted by that ancient aliens guy.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:09 - Feb 7 with 1339 viewsblueislander

Oh dear!
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:10 - Feb 7 with 1336 viewsKeno

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:09 - Feb 7 by blueislander

Oh dear!

??

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:14 - Feb 7 with 1323 viewsblueislander

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:10 - Feb 7 by Keno

??

That was in response to "the owners of The Federal Reserve"
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:15 - Feb 7 with 1319 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:14 - Feb 7 by blueislander

That was in response to "the owners of The Federal Reserve"

So demonstrate to me who does own the place then? Oh dear is not a suitable answer.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:16 - Feb 7 with 1307 viewsStokieBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:15 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

So demonstrate to me who does own the place then? Oh dear is not a suitable answer.

That's not the way it works.

You made the claim, you tell us who owns the place..

SB

Login to get fewer ads

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:17 - Feb 7 with 1305 viewsbrazil1982

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:54 - Feb 7 by nrb1985

I was more upset when this ridiculous government rolled out the red carpet for Trump because they've burnt our bridges with every other plausible partner.

I was even more upset when May didn't speak out against the disgusting headlines in the Mail/Express regarding the judges.

And I was totally disgusted when she refused to condemn the travel ban despite being asked 3 times.

As I said, about time somebody with a platform spoke up for the decent people in this country. Regardless of who that person may be.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:57]

It's not a ban - it's a suspension. A ban is what 16 countries have given Israeli passport holders, yet there is little shouting about that. Maybe because it's not the trend at the moment.

Of all the "bad" things Leaders are guilty of in this world, SJWs choose to shout down Trump because he's an easy, lazy target.

Never seen mass protests against Iran , Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia. Why?
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:17 - Feb 7 with 1304 viewsfactual_blue

Right.

Apart from anything else, he shouldn't even becoming on a state visit for at least another twelve months.

And as he seems keen to prostitute the 'free world' he purports to represent, then it's well done Mr Bercow.

And the sordid wing of the tory party and its apologists detest Mr Bercow, so yet another reason.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 18:48]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:19 - Feb 7 with 1291 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:54 - Feb 7 by nrb1985

I was more upset when this ridiculous government rolled out the red carpet for Trump because they've burnt our bridges with every other plausible partner.

I was even more upset when May didn't speak out against the disgusting headlines in the Mail/Express regarding the judges.

And I was totally disgusted when she refused to condemn the travel ban despite being asked 3 times.

As I said, about time somebody with a platform spoke up for the decent people in this country. Regardless of who that person may be.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:57]

In October 2014 Bercow welcomed Singapore’s President Tony Tan Keng Yam to speak to parliament. Male homosexuality is illegal in Singapore. Human Rights Watch has condemned President Tan’s record on “limiting rights to freedom of expression, assembly, and association using overly broad legal provisions on security, public order, morality, and racial and religious harmony”. Bercow smiled and shook hands with President Tan as he introduced him to speak to parliament.

In September 2012 Bercow welcomed President Susilo Yudhoyono of Indonesia to address parliament. Human Rights Watch says President Yudhoyono “left behind a toxic legacy of rising religious intolerance and related violence”, condemning “the Yudhoyono government’s sorry record” on human rights. Yudhoyono’s feared police force was “actively complicit in incidents of harassment, intimidation or violence against religious minorities”. His government was complicit in the “violation of the rights and freedoms of the country’s religious minorities”. Bercow said it was a “huge privilege” to introduce Yudhoyono to parliament.

In October 2015 Bercow told China’s President Xi Jinping it was “my pleasure” to have him to address parliament. China is an authoritarian state, according to Human Rights Watch its government “systematically curtails a wide range of fundamental human rights, including freedom of expression, association, assembly, and religion”.

In November 2012 Bercow allowed the Emir of Kuwait His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah to address parliament. According to Human Rights Watch Kuwait has a poor record on women’s rights. It is also illegal to be gay in Kuwait and according to the International Air Transport Association the country also bans Israeli passport holders from travelling there.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:20 - Feb 7 with 1287 viewsblueislander

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:15 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

I assume that the buildings in which the various Federal Reserve Banks are housed are either state or federally owned. If you refer to ownership of the institions themselves, that too are state owned. Certainly they have no shareholders.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 7 with 1270 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:17 - Feb 7 by brazil1982

It's not a ban - it's a suspension. A ban is what 16 countries have given Israeli passport holders, yet there is little shouting about that. Maybe because it's not the trend at the moment.

Of all the "bad" things Leaders are guilty of in this world, SJWs choose to shout down Trump because he's an easy, lazy target.

Never seen mass protests against Iran , Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia. Why?

I see Mayor of London Sadiq Khan was quick to condemn Trump yet just Just hours after demanding the government rescinds its invite to Trump over his travel ban,hosted a City Hall reception with 11 dignitaries whose countries, Bangladesh, Brunei, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen , bar Israeli citizens from entering.

Is there any record of Khan speaking out against these people at the reception?

Iron Lion Zion

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 7 with 1268 viewsJ2BLUE

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:19 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

In October 2014 Bercow welcomed Singapore’s President Tony Tan Keng Yam to speak to parliament. Male homosexuality is illegal in Singapore. Human Rights Watch has condemned President Tan’s record on “limiting rights to freedom of expression, assembly, and association using overly broad legal provisions on security, public order, morality, and racial and religious harmony”. Bercow smiled and shook hands with President Tan as he introduced him to speak to parliament.

In September 2012 Bercow welcomed President Susilo Yudhoyono of Indonesia to address parliament. Human Rights Watch says President Yudhoyono “left behind a toxic legacy of rising religious intolerance and related violence”, condemning “the Yudhoyono government’s sorry record” on human rights. Yudhoyono’s feared police force was “actively complicit in incidents of harassment, intimidation or violence against religious minorities”. His government was complicit in the “violation of the rights and freedoms of the country’s religious minorities”. Bercow said it was a “huge privilege” to introduce Yudhoyono to parliament.

In October 2015 Bercow told China’s President Xi Jinping it was “my pleasure” to have him to address parliament. China is an authoritarian state, according to Human Rights Watch its government “systematically curtails a wide range of fundamental human rights, including freedom of expression, association, assembly, and religion”.

In November 2012 Bercow allowed the Emir of Kuwait His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah to address parliament. According to Human Rights Watch Kuwait has a poor record on women’s rights. It is also illegal to be gay in Kuwait and according to the International Air Transport Association the country also bans Israeli passport holders from travelling there.

Male homosexuality is illegal in Singapore.

Is is common to just ban male homosexuality?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:24 - Feb 7 with 1255 viewsKeno

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Ill be b4ggered if I go to singapore then!!

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:24 - Feb 7 with 1253 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Maybe the President likes watching a bit of girl on girl action.

Iron Lion Zion

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:28 - Feb 7 with 1234 viewsbrazil1982

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

I see Mayor of London Sadiq Khan was quick to condemn Trump yet just Just hours after demanding the government rescinds its invite to Trump over his travel ban,hosted a City Hall reception with 11 dignitaries whose countries, Bangladesh, Brunei, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen , bar Israeli citizens from entering.

Is there any record of Khan speaking out against these people at the reception?

Of course not, Muslim votes keep him in.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:33 - Feb 7 with 1207 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:20 - Feb 7 by blueislander

I assume that the buildings in which the various Federal Reserve Banks are housed are either state or federally owned. If you refer to ownership of the institions themselves, that too are state owned. Certainly they have no shareholders.

I think you are misinformed
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:34 - Feb 7 with 1203 viewsblueislander

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:33 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

I think you are misinformed

Then do inform me please.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:39 - Feb 7 with 1194 viewsDanTheMan

I love how these sorts of threads devolve into "yeah but look at X being hypocrite because they allowed Y."

No real comment on what they are suggesting.

Suppose it makes it easier to rationalise.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:41 - Feb 7 with 1178 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:34 - Feb 7 by blueislander

Then do inform me please.

http://www.save-a-patriot.org/files/view/whofed.html
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:47 - Feb 7 with 1154 viewsStokieBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:41 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

I've already addressed this point twice - US banks are legally obliged to hold a stake in the Federal Reserve. Owning a stake doesn't give you control over policy in any walk of life and even less so here, they have no say over Fed policy.

Just because you post a picture from 1976 it doesn't mean everything is sinister. Why don't you actually address points put to you rather than replying in a single line or posting a random picture?

SB

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:47 - Feb 7 with 1157 viewsblueislander

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:41 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

I assume that you have seen the date of that article. Things may have moved on since then.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:47 - Feb 7 with 1156 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:39 - Feb 7 by DanTheMan

I love how these sorts of threads devolve into "yeah but look at X being hypocrite because they allowed Y."

No real comment on what they are suggesting.

Suppose it makes it easier to rationalise.

Surely you have to put into context the human rights abuses of the people Bercow has happily welcomed and heaped praise on when discussing his new found moral fibre regarding Trump?

Iron Lion Zion

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:51 - Feb 7 with 1130 viewsDanTheMan

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 17:47 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

Surely you have to put into context the human rights abuses of the people Bercow has happily welcomed and heaped praise on when discussing his new found moral fibre regarding Trump?

You can.

Doesn't actually answer whether he was right or wrong though. Just means he was was wrong before.

Also very easy to just dismiss context. People love to talk about how wonderful our "special" relationship is with the US, except for in these matters where we like to pretend they are just any other country and not the supposed leaders of the free world with whom we share a pretty damn similar culture and interlinked history.

For what it's worth I don't mind him speaking, I'm sure it will be an illuminating speech. Does seem a little early considering when other state visits have happened but I assume that is May trying to lube him up before he attempts to stick his díck into us with a trade deal. Can't wait for that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024