Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) 15:50 - Feb 7 with 7335 viewsKeno

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:26 - Feb 7 with 707 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:19 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

But do like people who ignore human rights and put thousands of people to death each year in their jails or other people who prevent certain nationalities from visiting their countries.

SB

As I say, I'm just pleased he's finally decided to grow a pair. Which doesn't particularly excuse his previous lack of willingness to oppose various appalling individuals visiting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:29 - Feb 7 with 704 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:16 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

People who don't like disgusting orange bigots?

I suspect they are all from the same team.
Divide and conquer.

ORDO AB CHAO

Zoom out a bit and look at the much bigger picture.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:31 - Feb 7 with 699 viewsNo9

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:19 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

But do like people who ignore human rights and put thousands of people to death each year in their jails or other people who prevent certain nationalities from visiting their countries.

SB

In fairness we only have Mr Trumps campaign to see what he is liek & what he may do to human rights in America.
If you look at the law Arkansas has just passed on rapists rights - to allow them to sue their victims

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/arkansas-abortion-law-that-will

and N. Carolina's LBGT repeals?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-carolina-lgbt-idUSKBN14A12I

It seems unlikely that Mr Trump will support any 'human rights' that don't align with his thinking - warped or otherwise?
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:31 - Feb 7 with 699 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:29 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

Divide and conquer.

ORDO AB CHAO

Ah, so that's why the Wotsit Fuhrer is so keen to meet the Queen. He's heard she's got access to really got lizard food.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:33 - Feb 7 with 692 viewsJ2BLUE

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:29 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

Divide and conquer.

ORDO AB CHAO

Hi Paz.

I really enjoy how your conspiracy theory evolves as certain parts are proven wrong. Trump was only running to guarantee Clinton's election...that didn't happen did it? Any explanation why?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 685 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:31 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

Ah, so that's why the Wotsit Fuhrer is so keen to meet the Queen. He's heard she's got access to really got lizard food.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:31]

Do you enjoy the illusion of choice and paying to live?

Carry on.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 681 viewsStokieBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:33 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Hi Paz.

I really enjoy how your conspiracy theory evolves as certain parts are proven wrong. Trump was only running to guarantee Clinton's election...that didn't happen did it? Any explanation why?

Not enough lizards made it to the polling booths.

Damn apes got there before them in droves and messed up the plans.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:35 - Feb 7 with 685 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:31 - Feb 7 by No9

In fairness we only have Mr Trumps campaign to see what he is liek & what he may do to human rights in America.
If you look at the law Arkansas has just passed on rapists rights - to allow them to sue their victims

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/arkansas-abortion-law-that-will

and N. Carolina's LBGT repeals?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-carolina-lgbt-idUSKBN14A12I

It seems unlikely that Mr Trump will support any 'human rights' that don't align with his thinking - warped or otherwise?

Well, there's his campaign, the fact that he's employed a bloke who owns a neo-nazi website as his advisor, a load of fundamentalist Christians, creationists and out-and-out-loons to his cabinet, is attempting to gaga anyone vaguely scientifically inclined from making public statements pointing out Classic Facts rather than 'alternative ones', signed executive orders defunding rape crisis centres, family planning clinics and refuges for those fleeing violent relationships and thrown a tantrum every time someone even mildly attempts criticism to go on as well.

Login to get fewer ads

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:35 - Feb 7 with 682 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:33 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Hi Paz.

If nothing else, I think Trump's election guarantees that if they DO exist, the Illuminati are REALLY sh1t at their jobs.

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:36 - Feb 7 with 681 viewsTollycobbold

Hi Paz.

You seem to be under the illusion that the POTUS is actually in charge.
Go read and research instead of talking about boiling eggs and you might just learn something.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:36 - Feb 7 with 685 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:34 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Not enough lizards made it to the polling booths.

Damn apes got there before them in droves and messed up the plans.

SB

That's just plain stupid, they should get out and vote, because otherwise the wrong ape might get in.

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:37 - Feb 7 with 681 viewsOxfordTH_1981

If you believe in the principle of free speech, he is entitled to express his view.

If you believe that pragmatism and being in position of responsibility means that the person speaking has a duty to think about the impact of their words, then possibly not.

As for whether he was actually right or wrong, there is a debate about that. If we want to get onside with the leader of the most powerful country in the world who so far as been positive to us, then we have to sacrifice some principles. It shouldn't be difficult. We have been doing that for years. We did it for most of the 1930s to Hitler.
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:38 - Feb 7 with 677 viewsThePitBoss

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 15:56 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

Ah, you must be one of those 'snowflakes' who get upset whenever their worldview gets challenged that I've read about.

Upset? I haven't stopped laughing since last June!
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:38 - Feb 7 with 670 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:36 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

You seem to be under the illusion that the POTUS is actually in charge.
Go read and research instead of talking about boiling eggs and you might just learn something.

In all fairness to Pazzers here, Trump strikes me as the sort of bloke who'd struggle to run a bath let alone a country. Probably doesn't mean that he's a lizard person though.

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:39 - Feb 7 with 669 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:24 - Feb 7 by CaptainObvious

i dunno, i mean i'm not a fan of Trump but he's not in the same bracket as those with poor or appalling human rights records.

Give him time....

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:40 - Feb 7 with 657 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hypocrite considering the praise he heaped up the President of China and the Emir of Kuwait. Both of whom have imposed far more restrictions citizens based on race and sexuality.

He is indulging in a bit of virtue signalling.He is saying ‘I oppose Trump, and therefore I’m good.’

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:41 - Feb 7 with 651 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:37 - Feb 7 by OxfordTH_1981

If you believe in the principle of free speech, he is entitled to express his view.

If you believe that pragmatism and being in position of responsibility means that the person speaking has a duty to think about the impact of their words, then possibly not.

As for whether he was actually right or wrong, there is a debate about that. If we want to get onside with the leader of the most powerful country in the world who so far as been positive to us, then we have to sacrifice some principles. It shouldn't be difficult. We have been doing that for years. We did it for most of the 1930s to Hitler.

And that turned out brilliantly!

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:42 - Feb 7 with 645 viewsNo9

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:37 - Feb 7 by OxfordTH_1981

& we certainly did it in the 80's
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:43 - Feb 7 with 642 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:38 - Feb 7 by ThePitBoss

Upset? I haven't stopped laughing since last June!

And yet, here you are crying.

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:45 - Feb 7 with 639 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:16 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

People who don't like disgusting orange bigots?

Downvote from snowflake PitBoss here, who doesn't like to see the Wotsit Fuhrer called nasty names. Someone find him a safe place.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:50]

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 7 with 628 viewsTollycobbold

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:38 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

In all fairness to Pazzers here, Trump strikes me as the sort of bloke who'd struggle to run a bath let alone a country. Probably doesn't mean that he's a lizard person though.

As you rightly spotted he'd struggle to run a country. He isn't . DUH
John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:51 - Feb 7 with 602 viewsJ2BLUE

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 7 by Tollycobbold

As you rightly spotted he'd struggle to run a country. He isn't . DUH

Who is then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:52 - Feb 7 with 597 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:20 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Not at all bothered personally. I thought he made some good points and although I support America's democratic process and Trump coming for a state visit I don't see any reason why Trump should address the houses.

As for China both us and the US were kissing up to them. A state visit should be enough to keep Trump happy without giving him the platform of addressing the houses to put across views we are completely against.

Trump coming to address either house was never on the table until Bercow made it an issue.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:53 - Feb 7 with 595 viewsBlueBadger

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:51 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Who is then?

His vice president and chief advisor.

Here's the Tango'd One wpictured recently with Steve Bannon.

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:54 - Feb 7 with 591 viewsnrb1985

John Bercow - right or wrong to say what he did about Trump? (n/t) on 16:02 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Were you upset when Bercow invited the Chinese president to speak given their human rights record?

SB

I was more upset when this ridiculous government rolled out the red carpet for Trump because they've burnt our bridges with every other plausible partner.

I was even more upset when May didn't speak out against the disgusting headlines in the Mail/Express regarding the judges.

And I was totally disgusted when she refused to condemn the travel ban despite being asked 3 times.

As I said, about time somebody with a platform spoke up for the decent people in this country. Regardless of who that person may be.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024