Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? 11:43 - Feb 9 with 3995 viewsSmithy

With midfield options now, Diagouraga, Huws, Ward, Lawrence, Bishop, Skuse, Dozzell, Rowe and with MM saying the likes of Benyu, Blanchfield, McDonnell and Nydam may get games towards end of season and even the likes of Williams and Hyam coming back from injuries whats the future hold for him??
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 14:08]

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:46 - Feb 9 with 2317 viewshoppy

You mention Hyam as one coming back - to be honest, I think he'll join Bru in finding it difficult to get into the side ahead of the other options we have.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 2306 viewsClausThomsen

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:46 - Feb 9 by hoppy

You mention Hyam as one coming back - to be honest, I think he'll join Bru in finding it difficult to get into the side ahead of the other options we have.

No-one in the squad does what Hyam does better than Hyam - Mick loves him as well so he'll be used for away games at least.

Just depends on how he is after that injury.

Totally agree about Bru, I think he's done here.
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 2300 viewsartsbossbeard

Mentioned this on saturday evening after enjoying Huw giving Town a much needed presence in the middle of the park.

Even if Huw doesn't sign at the end of his loan, it's clear to see that a player of his ilk better suits the playing style.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:51 - Feb 9 with 2266 viewsBluebell

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:48 - Feb 9 by ClausThomsen

No-one in the squad does what Hyam does better than Hyam - Mick loves him as well so he'll be used for away games at least.

Just depends on how he is after that injury.

Totally agree about Bru, I think he's done here.

"No-one in the squad does what Hyam does better than Hyam "

Gets injured?
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:52 - Feb 9 with 2255 viewsClausThomsen

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:51 - Feb 9 by Bluebell

"No-one in the squad does what Hyam does better than Hyam "

Gets injured?

Wins the ball.

He's the poor man's Kante.
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:56 - Feb 9 with 2228 viewsitfcjoe

Won't be shedding many tears over that, an inconsistenet player without the physical condition to play regularly in this league.

That he has become some form of cult figure at times is baffling.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 2191 viewshoppy

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:52 - Feb 9 by ClausThomsen

Wins the ball.

He's the poor man's Kante.

How poor is the poor man?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 2158 viewsRobTheMonk

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:56 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Won't be shedding many tears over that, an inconsistenet player without the physical condition to play regularly in this league.

On the contrary, he's of a 'quirky' nationality, looks pretty sexy (I'm not gay, but Bru is a good looking chap) and has an easy name to chant. All the ingredients for a cult figure!
Login to get fewer ads

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:05 - Feb 9 with 2142 viewsBlueBadger

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:59 - Feb 9 by hoppy

Skint enough to see Luke Hyam as a viable long-term option?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:10 - Feb 9 with 2111 viewstractorshark

Spot on. So inconsistent.
Capable of great passes and moments of genius like Bolton away.
But goes missing so often.
Needs more physical players alongside him to flourish but, unfortunately for him, we've got better options.
He hasn't been a disaster but back-up at best.
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 2011 viewsNazemariner

I don't think he's a MM kind of player. Unfortunate really, because he clearly has more vision and creativity than nearly every other member of the squad.
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:38 - Feb 9 with 1994 viewsReuser_is_God

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:48 - Feb 9 by artsbossbeard

Mentioned this on saturday evening after enjoying Huw giving Town a much needed presence in the middle of the park.

Even if Huw doesn't sign at the end of his loan, it's clear to see that a player of his ilk better suits the playing style.

It's Huws buh.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:55 - Feb 9 with 1929 viewsSWGF

Central mIdfield needs a serious refresh.

By it being the only thing we witness, we've become accustomed to one-dimensional, ineffective, pedestrian central midfielders. Whereas there's no reason not to expect them to be able to perform more than one task relatively adequately and to do so with a sense of urgency and agility.

Wouldn't shed too many tears to see any of him, Skuse, Coke, Hyam go over the summer. We saw a brief glimpse of what a more mobile, purposeful central midfield could do against Reading. Imagine what it'll be like once they're fit.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 1901 viewsTractorCam

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:46 - Feb 9 by hoppy

Hyam will never play for us again imo

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:01 - Feb 9 with 1901 viewsKieran_Knows

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:55 - Feb 9 by SWGF

By it being the only thing we witness, we've become accustomed to one-dimensional, ineffective, pedestrian central midfielders. Whereas there's no reason not to expect them to be able to perform more than one task relatively adequately and to do so with a sense of urgency and agility.

Wouldn't shed too many tears to see any of him, Skuse, Coke, Hyam go over the summer. We saw a brief glimpse of what a more mobile, purposeful central midfield could do against Reading. Imagine what it'll be like once they're fit.

Coke will go in the summer, i'm pretty sure of that, as will Douglas. Depends if Mick stays or not really with regards to Skuse and Hyam I would presume. I could see a new manager wanting to get rid of them, but i'm sure MM would keep them both.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 1812 viewsLankHenners

Is that not the appeal of a cult figure though? Slightly crap, certainly not the best player in the team but as mentioned, has a quirky nationality, played for obscure European clubs, daft chant, scored a couple of cracking goals.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:28 - Feb 9 with 1782 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:38 - Feb 9 by Reuser_is_God

It's Huws buh.

Who?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:30 - Feb 9 with 1768 viewshoppy

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:28 - Feb 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Who?

Who's on first.

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 1704 viewstextbackup

hes only become that because most of our fans are thick as sht and cant sing more than what has become a fans favourite chant of "bruuuu"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:50 - Feb 9 with 1699 viewsClausThomsen

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 11:59 - Feb 9 by hoppy

So poor that when he sells an asset he somehow still ends up with with no money.
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:53 - Feb 9 with 1684 viewsBackToRussia

Four of those players listed aren't even our players, so don't get ahead of yourself.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:57 - Feb 9 with 1656 viewsClausThomsen

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:55 - Feb 9 by SWGF

There's some dead wood in there for sure, but getting rid of Hyam would be ridiculous. Skuse must be the most conservative midfielder we've had - Hyam constantly presses and would be an absolute pain in the arse to play against.

If one of them goes I'd let Skuse go.

Be interesting to see what the new manager thinks.
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 14:06 - Feb 9 with 1608 viewstextbackup

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 13:01 - Feb 9 by Kieran_Knows

Coke will go in the summer, i'm pretty sure of that, as will Douglas. Depends if Mick stays or not really with regards to Skuse and Hyam I would presume. I could see a new manager wanting to get rid of them, but i'm sure MM would keep them both.

that final sentence is the exact reason I don't want MM as our manager

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 14:09 - Feb 9 with 1594 viewsreusersfreekicks

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 14:06 - Feb 9 by textbackup

that final sentence is the exact reason I don't want MM as our manager

Bru is good when he is on his game - positive and some good passing..........
Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 14:29 - Feb 9 with 1549 viewsitfcjoe

Kev Bru, difficult to see him getting back in?? on 12:10 - Feb 9 by tractorshark

Spot on. So inconsistent.
Capable of great passes and moments of genius like Bolton away.
But goes missing so often.
Needs more physical players alongside him to flourish but, unfortunately for him, we've got better options.
He hasn't been a disaster but back-up at best.

We've got far more out of him than anyone would expect for what was effectively someone walking up to the training ground for a trial.

But he's not the answer to anything for us, that 3 or 4 year deal he signed seemed mad at the time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024