Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep Guardiola 20:35 - Feb 21 with 1951 viewsgtsb1966

I wonder if he ever thought the Man City job would be as hard as this or is he being found out? All that talent yet you can never be confident they'll win a game . Brittle at the back again tonight.
Pep Guardiola on 20:37 - Feb 21 with 1591 viewscruncher

Nah he'll get them playing eventually I think the players he has might have to go well some of them he wants to play possession football and players to be confident on the ball some city players might not be his sort of player.
Pep Guardiola on 20:40 - Feb 21 with 1576 viewsblueislander

Pep Guardiola on 20:37 - Feb 21 by cruncher

Nah he'll get them playing eventually I think the players he has might have to go well some of them he wants to play possession football and players to be confident on the ball some city players might not be his sort of player.

Crikey . That is some sentence.
Pep Guardiola on 20:47 - Feb 21 with 1549 viewsFtnfwest

As well as all that,when you see a side like Monaco move the ball with the pace and accuracy that they are you realise how far behind the world we are. I don't mean man city as they aren't an English team
Pep Guardiola on 20:50 - Feb 21 with 1533 viewsITFCBlues

Said it all along, one of the most overrated managers EVER

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Pep Guardiola on 20:55 - Feb 21 with 1517 viewsBackToRussia

City don't have nearly the quality of squad that Barca and Bayern IMO.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Pep Guardiola on 20:58 - Feb 21 with 1508 viewsJ2BLUE

Barca and Bayern were proper teams. City a collection of expensive players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pep Guardiola on 21:03 - Feb 21 with 1479 viewsbournemouthblue

Pep Guardiola on 20:58 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

Barca and Bayern were proper teams. City a collection of expensive players.

And Bayern weren't?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Pep Guardiola on 21:11 - Feb 21 with 1439 viewssuperfan

He will spend £150-200 million in the summer and everybody will say great signings by a great manager again. The top managers are those who spend a little and achieve a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Pep Guardiola on 21:26 - Feb 21 with 1398 viewsbournemouthblue

And this is why it's hard to hate Guardiola

What an absolutely mental game!

Pep Guardiola on 21:29 - Feb 21 with 1381 viewsRobTheMonk

Brilliant game - this is what football should be about: two teams absolutely going for it! Although I do love it when Juventus go defensive mode - thou' shall not pass!
Pep Guardiola on 21:31 - Feb 21 with 1371 viewsgtsb1966

Pep Guardiola on 21:29 - Feb 21 by RobTheMonk

Brilliant game - this is what football should be about: two teams absolutely going for it! Although I do love it when Juventus go defensive mode - thou' shall not pass!

I think both teams have been using the Kevin Keegan coaching manual !!!
Pep Guardiola on 21:52 - Feb 21 with 1320 viewsbournemouthblue

Pep Guardiola on 21:31 - Feb 21 by gtsb1966

I think both teams have been using the Kevin Keegan coaching manual !!!

or Joe Royle for that matter

Pep Guardiola on 22:30 - Feb 21 with 1273 viewsMVBlue

Pep Guardiola on 20:50 - Feb 21 by ITFCBlues

Said it all along, one of the most overrated managers EVER

Haha his team have won 5-3, they in Champs league Fa cup and 2nd in league. Not bad for having such a bad mid-season.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Pep Guardiola on 22:56 - Feb 21 with 1232 viewsbournemouthblue

Pep Guardiola on 22:30 - Feb 21 by MVBlue

Haha his team have won 5-3, they in Champs league Fa cup and 2nd in league. Not bad for having such a bad mid-season.

Guardiola in a bad season :p

Pep Guardiola on 07:07 - Feb 22 with 1154 viewsGarv

Pep Guardiola on 21:11 - Feb 21 by superfan

He will spend £150-200 million in the summer and everybody will say great signings by a great manager again. The top managers are those who spend a little and achieve a lot.

That's why it was nice to see Rafa go to Newcastle. Clearly a big club but one that was floundering and now in the Championship. He could have taken a top 10 job with ease.

A real test would be putting Jose/Pep in charge at Sunderland.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Pep Guardiola on 07:31 - Feb 22 with 1131 viewsTractorWood

Not a fan. Spent a lot of money, has exiled Aguero and Joe Hart who are probably City's best players.

Will achieve very little comparative to their budget, will get too much time and respect because he managed Barca and Bayern with amazing squads

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

on 07:38 - Feb 22 with 1124 views_

Pep Guardiola on 07:31 - Feb 22 by TractorWood

Not a fan. Spent a lot of money, has exiled Aguero and Joe Hart who are probably City's best players.

Will achieve very little comparative to their budget, will get too much time and respect because he managed Barca and Bayern with amazing squads

Pep Guardiola on 07:42 - Feb 22 with 1117 viewsTractorWood

on 07:38 - Feb 22 by _

Which is why I don't see him being successful.

on 07:46 - Feb 22 with 1104 views_

Pep Guardiola on 07:42 - Feb 22 by TractorWood

Which is why I don't see him being successful.

Pep Guardiola on 07:51 - Feb 22 with 1079 viewsTractorWood

on 07:46 - Feb 22 by _

Yes that would be a success. But I don't see it happening. He seems stubborn and wedded to an unpragmatic philosophy. Jose has been successful all over Europe because winning is his philosophy.

Remit is fine, but when you're managing a club with the budget of a small country silverware will be his only jury.

on 07:56 - Feb 22 with 1068 views_

Pep Guardiola on 07:51 - Feb 22 by TractorWood

Yes that would be a success. But I don't see it happening. He seems stubborn and wedded to an unpragmatic philosophy. Jose has been successful all over Europe because winning is his philosophy.

Remit is fine, but when you're managing a club with the budget of a small country silverware will be his only jury.

Pep Guardiola on 08:28 - Feb 22 with 1033 viewsitfcjoe

I think it is harder than he realised, mainly because for all the money they have spent they don't actually have that good a squad.

With Kompany injured they don't have one good defender in a prime age - they are all over 30 like Zabaleta, Clichy, Sagna or young with promise but a long way to go if they do even get to the top like Stones, Mangala, etc. with huge price tags.

In midfield they have Toure who is well past his bes (but still good) and 2nd rate players like Fernando and Fernandinho, with players like Delph still in the squad backing it up.

For all they've spent they don't have that much. He made a mistake with treatment of Hart, and the hardest thing is that in this league you can't afford to let it slide otherwise you will be out of the top 4 and f*cked.

At Barca and Bayern, because of the huge advantages they have, there is no way they finish outside the CL places - so they can just rest and rotate and keep squad fresh - but that isn't the case here which means he needs a bigger squad with more quality when in reality he has a much smaller one than what he had.

He is the manager that has produced arguably the best club side of all time in 2011ish, I think it's great he's in this league and hope he can succeed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pep Guardiola on 12:17 - Feb 22 with 934 viewsTractorWood

on 07:56 - Feb 22 by _

Las Masia was a copy of Ajax in the 70's.

on 12:20 - Feb 22 with 925 views_

Pep Guardiola on 12:17 - Feb 22 by TractorWood

Las Masia was a copy of Ajax in the 70's.

Pep Guardiola on 12:29 - Feb 22 with 901 viewschristiand

Pep Guardiola on 08:28 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

I think it is harder than he realised, mainly because for all the money they have spent they don't actually have that good a squad.

With Kompany injured they don't have one good defender in a prime age - they are all over 30 like Zabaleta, Clichy, Sagna or young with promise but a long way to go if they do even get to the top like Stones, Mangala, etc. with huge price tags.

In midfield they have Toure who is well past his bes (but still good) and 2nd rate players like Fernando and Fernandinho, with players like Delph still in the squad backing it up.

For all they've spent they don't have that much. He made a mistake with treatment of Hart, and the hardest thing is that in this league you can't afford to let it slide otherwise you will be out of the top 4 and f*cked.

At Barca and Bayern, because of the huge advantages they have, there is no way they finish outside the CL places - so they can just rest and rotate and keep squad fresh - but that isn't the case here which means he needs a bigger squad with more quality when in reality he has a much smaller one than what he had.

He is the manager that has produced arguably the best club side of all time in 2011ish, I think it's great he's in this league and hope he can succeed

You have to say Pep has made a huge balls up with the goalkeeping situation neither of the current keepers can lace Hart's boots, both have shown they haven't got the same level of ability as Joe Hart has. The absence of Kompany has been huge defensively, but I think it shows how much Hart saved City with their defensive frailties over recent seasons. It seems like Pep had already made up his mind about him before he joined City, would love to know what happened there.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024