Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10:50 - Feb 23 with 5743 views_

Lego on 16:35 - Feb 23 with 1551 viewsKieran_Knows

on 16:33 - Feb 23 by _

I got the Yellow Submarine the day it came out, very good collectors piece.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 16:37 - Feb 23 with 1545 views_

Lego on 16:35 - Feb 23 by Kieran_Knows

I got the Yellow Submarine the day it came out, very good collectors piece.

Lego on 16:39 - Feb 23 with 1541 viewsKieran_Knows

on 16:37 - Feb 23 by _

Ha, I don't think I've ever grown out of collecting Lego. Loved the stuff when I was younger, then i'd say I had 3-4 years where I wasn't interested in it (probably because I thought it looked sad as I was a teenager) then the missus took me to LegoLand one year for my Birthday (out of the blue), when I was 18/19, I brought an absolute tonne of Lego that day and I've been hooked ever since (25 in April)!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 16:40]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lego on 16:44 - Feb 23 with 1530 viewstheblueginger

Lego on 15:41 - Feb 23 by catch74

Weirdly I'm in the lego store, Leicester Square - waiting for my son to choose something less than the £420 Death Star.

Any orders whilst I'm here?

Ask them when they are going to release a new B-Wing in the Star Wars range.

For your son, the Ewok Village is a bargain at around £200.
Lego on 16:46 - Feb 23 with 1526 viewstheblueginger

on 15:44 - Feb 23 by _

Some of the big Star Wars UCS sets have been kept for a while after the negative reception (and poorer sales) towards the Assault on Hoth set released last year.
on 17:05 - Feb 23 with 1505 views_

Lego on 16:46 - Feb 23 by theblueginger

Some of the big Star Wars UCS sets have been kept for a while after the negative reception (and poorer sales) towards the Assault on Hoth set released last year.

Lego on 17:05 - Feb 23 with 1505 viewsMullet

I get it something like 80% off at certain times of the year. Friend of a friend works for them and they do this thing where employees can buy as much as they want at discount on anything.

Just used it to get my nephews Xmas presents. Might have to start hustling bricks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

on 17:09 - Feb 23 with 1497 views_

Lego on 17:05 - Feb 23 by Mullet

I get it something like 80% off at certain times of the year. Friend of a friend works for them and they do this thing where employees can buy as much as they want at discount on anything.

Just used it to get my nephews Xmas presents. Might have to start hustling bricks.

Login to get fewer ads

Lego on 17:12 - Feb 23 with 1488 viewsMullet

on 17:09 - Feb 23 by _

I might just wholesale it to you boys and take a fee. I'm busy enough as it is without establishing Mullet's Independent Traders innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

on 17:17 - Feb 23 with 1482 views_

Lego on 17:12 - Feb 23 by Mullet

I might just wholesale it to you boys and take a fee. I'm busy enough as it is without establishing Mullet's Independent Traders innit.

Lego on 17:25 - Feb 23 with 1466 viewstheblueginger

on 17:09 - Feb 23 by _

I second that statement!
Lego on 18:57 - Feb 23 with 1430 viewsNewcyBlue

Lego on 11:49 - Feb 23 by Kieran_Knows

I will, glad I got it when I did.

See, I was looking at getting that, but it just doesn't interest me unfortunately. Admittedly, I don't do it for the resale value on it.

I'll have to take a look at the apps. I'm currently in the middle of getting the Brick Bank, Detectives Office etc etc. Although there is a few discontinued sets of them as well.

Another rare one is the Maersk ship. I nearly brought it when it was out, but even that's discontinued now and going for a fair bit on Ebay etc.

I bought the Maersk ship and built it. As NewcyJr gets older I will be able to teach him about it. Hopefully one day I will be able to take him on the one it is based on.

I do love Lego!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Libby's Lego box on 19:27 - Feb 23 with 1415 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How valuable do old sets tend to be? Thread is quite topical as was recently informed by my parents all my old lego sets are in their loft and I need to take them

Got the original couple of pirate ships I think along with some old stuff from when things like a bog standard police station seemed quite revolutionary

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Libby's Lego box on 19:40 - Feb 23 with 1401 viewsitfcjoe

Libby's Lego box on 19:27 - Feb 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

How valuable do old sets tend to be? Thread is quite topical as was recently informed by my parents all my old lego sets are in their loft and I need to take them

Got the original couple of pirate ships I think along with some old stuff from when things like a bog standard police station seemed quite revolutionary

The pirate ship is worth a load, I've still got that one - but I sold a tiny island with little boat and shark for about £25

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Libby's Lego box on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 1371 viewsBurwell_Blue

Those profit margins don't do it for me but I collect domain names. Similar to you, but low, develop a website and sell high.

I've had five or six sales at the £6000 mark.
Libby's Lego box on 20:09 - Feb 23 with 1369 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libby's Lego box on 19:40 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

The pirate ship is worth a load, I've still got that one - but I sold a tiny island with little boat and shark for about £25

Nice, and I'm pretty sure I've got that island too from memory

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Libby's Lego box on 20:40 - Feb 23 with 1345 viewsBluecasp

Great thread Libero. It's good to know that other Town Fans are into their Lego. I began collecting a few years ago after my daughter was born and it has become a bit of an obsession! Can't walk by a toy shop or Argos without popping in to check on whether they have any decent sets for sale! I first got into it when they started releasing the Collectible Lego Minifigures for the 2012 Olympics and bought five sealed boxes of them at £120 each. Sold all of them except one about 6 months later for a small profit. Now they are going for about £700-£800 each. Kicking myself now. The problem is knowing which sets will multiply in value as so many people are buying and selling Lego. Still it beats keeping the money in a savings account.
Libby's Lego box on 21:09 - Feb 23 with 1308 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

I used to many years ago sell Star Wars Lego mini figures on EBay. It really was easy money, buying a complete box and individually selling the figures and then the spacecraft. This would make a profit of at least five fold on every box, it really was that simple. I still have many, many boxes unopened in my loft, which are now worth up to £300 which I purchased for £15. I'm probably looking at several thousand pounds worth up in the loft and have considered selling it all recently to fund a loft conversion into a man cave with pool table and cinema room
Libby's Lego box on 21:13 - Feb 23 with 1306 viewsReuser_is_God

LIBBY IS BACK LIBBY IS BACK WOAH WOAH

How you doing buh?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 21:13]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lego on 21:16 - Feb 23 with 1298 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Lego on 15:30 - Feb 23 by badadski

Yeah i have been doing it for years, Star wars Lego is the biggy as a massive franchise and like you say, wait until just before retiring and buying to hold onto for a few years.
Factually lego increases more than gold.
Most of the exclusive sets are the best as it is mostly the mini figures that hold the value.
Also always look out for the pre xmas buy 2 get 1 free on toys - Argos, Boots and toys R Us do this. it usually pays for my xmas presents out of the profit as unbenown you can buy the sets, split up, sell the mini figures seperate which will usually reach the entire set woth and leave you with the box and set as profit plus your extra that you had for free from the offer. This is proven year in year out.

100% agree. Easy money although eBay and PayPal upping their fees has dented the profit slightly.
Many years ago a local store which I live fairly close too, (Lathams) sold Star Wars Sets, Mos Eisley Cantina for £15, and other smaller sets, Final Duel 1&2 for £3 each. Spent £600 on my credit card that day on buying every box on the shelf and made a small fortune in the 6 months thereafter.
Wish I'd kept the cantina sets now as they're worth up to £300 a box nowadays.
Libby's Lego box on 21:16 - Feb 23 with 1297 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Me and Mrs Banksterdebtslave had the same experience selling on our daughters complete but used lego friends sets during a pre Christmas clear out a couple of years ago......all sold for more than original price.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 22:17]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

on 22:08 - Feb 23 with 1267 views_

Libby's Lego box on 19:27 - Feb 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

on 22:10 - Feb 23 with 1263 views_

Libby's Lego box on 20:05 - Feb 23 by Burwell_Blue

Those profit margins don't do it for me but I collect domain names. Similar to you, but low, develop a website and sell high.

I've had five or six sales at the £6000 mark.

on 22:12 - Feb 23 with 1262 views_

Libby's Lego box on 21:13 - Feb 23 by Reuser_is_God

LIBBY IS BACK LIBBY IS BACK WOAH WOAH

How you doing buh?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 21:13]

on 22:14 - Feb 23 with 1250 views_

Libby's Lego box on 21:16 - Feb 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Me and Mrs Banksterdebtslave had the same experience selling on our daughters complete but used lego friends sets during a pre Christmas clear out a couple of years ago......all sold for more than original price.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 22:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024