Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... 19:29 - Feb 24 with 1992 viewsitfcjoe

....hit me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:31 - Feb 24 with 1675 viewsJ2BLUE

Do we get to hit you once for each idea or once in total?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:39 - Feb 24 with 1652 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Seaside thing? Dorset is generally nice - Swanage?
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:40 - Feb 24 with 1650 viewsgiant_stow

Hire a cottage with as much family as you can muster (they'll look after the baba as much as possible). Or any holiday Park)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:47 - Feb 24 with 1632 viewsitfcjoe

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:40 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

Hire a cottage with as much family as you can muster (they'll look after the baba as much as possible). Or any holiday Park)

We need a break from them!

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:49 - Feb 24 with 1625 viewsitfcjoe

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:39 - Feb 24 by PrideOfTheEast

Seaside thing? Dorset is generally nice - Swanage?

Used to go out with a girl from there - something like that could work just need to see how it would be out of season

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 1592 viewsle2blue

Croyde Bay in North Devon...stay at Ruda park right on the beach in cottages or static caravan, nice pubs, kids fun pool (avoid the club in the evening), lots of other amazing walks and beaches nearby including Saunton and Woolacombe....and stunning sunsets in the evening as well.
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:03 - Feb 24 with 1582 viewsgiant_stow

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 19:49 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

Used to go out with a girl from there - something like that could work just need to see how it would be out of season

Peak District is nice. Or if you want closer, how about Winterton on Sea? Very quiet, good value, nice dunes, nice pub. Plenty of properties to rent... Or if you want a kind of posh butlins, the cotswolds water park - lower mill has loads of nice gaffs around lakes, with an indoor swimming pool and bar? Or last option- Marazion in Cornwall - cute as and loads if stuff to do round there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:18 - Feb 24 with 1537 viewsPinewoodblue

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:03 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

Peak District is nice. Or if you want closer, how about Winterton on Sea? Very quiet, good value, nice dunes, nice pub. Plenty of properties to rent... Or if you want a kind of posh butlins, the cotswolds water park - lower mill has loads of nice gaffs around lakes, with an indoor swimming pool and bar? Or last option- Marazion in Cornwall - cute as and loads if stuff to do round there.

Rent a cottage in Derbyshire week before Easter, convenient for Burton on Good Friday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:20 - Feb 24 with 1526 viewsMullet

Dunwich
Walberswick
Southwold
Sizewell
Saxmundham

All nice and handy for a quick daytrip to Halesworth, lunch at Holton garden centre before you pop home.

Done.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:39 - Feb 24 with 1495 viewsMVBlue

UK based holiday? Cornwall. When you've been, you know. St. Ives.

I live 5 hours away, might be easier for me.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 23:52 - Feb 24 with 1405 viewsconnorscontract

UK and April- hmmm! Can you wait a few weeks longer and go mid-May and increase your likelihood of nice weather?

Leaving that aside lots of suggestions for seaside holidays in the thread but although "baby's first seaside holiday" is lovely 'n' all:

a) your baby won't remember it
b) some people are suggesting seasides with pebbly beaches. These are not buggy friendly. They're not comfortable to sit on, so you will have to lug chairs in addition to buggy and assorted baby necessities...
c) babies like crawling and clutching things and putting them in their mouth. Beaches have lots and lots of dirty things and choking hazards.
d) it will be, at the very best, windy and chilly. Babies don't like windy and chilly. At worst it will be wet, very windy and cold. None of you will like that.

A seaside with a promenade for walking is much more baby friendly (and safe). It's ideal if parking is very close so that the lugging of furniture and baby goods is minimised.

Southwold has a great promenade. If you rented a cottage in the town you could stroll around together, go to lovely old pubs or coffee shops, browse bookshops and take it in turns to go to the cinema while the other one spends time with baby (or reads/catches up with DVDs/Netflix while s/he sleeps). Quite pricey (as are Dorset towns) but make sure you avoid School Easter holidays and you could get a bargain. Felixstowe is a bit more "tired" but the parking is literally 3 metres from the beach. Cromer would be my recommendation if you head into Scum territory. Cliff-top parking but large zigzag slopes that are great for buggies.

A different option would be to find a great deal at a hotel with spa and treat your partner to treatments and pampering. Pool, gym, relax. Day trips to nearby towns.

Or a countryside holiday: find a cottage in a small place where the local pub is child-friendly. Could just be lovely and relaxing and doesn't need to cost the earth. Put baby in a swaddle or back-carrier and go on nice walks.

Would you consider the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo? Would give you parents a lovely romantic destination and a real feel of a break and getting away from it. And pancakes. And cider.
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 00:22 - Feb 25 with 1377 viewsbluejake78

Hengar Manor in Cornwall.Don't book a 2 bed chalet as they are Narwich.
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 02:47 - Feb 25 with 1334 viewsmutters

Lyme Regis in Dorset.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 02:57 - Feb 25 with 1327 viewsFootballpete

Isle of Wight. Lots of family friendly stuff to do, and once there nothing is too far away. Plus having to get the ferry makes it feel more like you're really getting away. We stay in some holiday villas in Ventnor. Great views of the sea and close to a tiny yet brilliant local.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 08:15 - Feb 25 with 1248 viewsITFC_Forever

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 20:00 - Feb 24 by le2blue

Croyde Bay in North Devon...stay at Ruda park right on the beach in cottages or static caravan, nice pubs, kids fun pool (avoid the club in the evening), lots of other amazing walks and beaches nearby including Saunton and Woolacombe....and stunning sunsets in the evening as well.

The club is harmless enough.... the kids used to live the Sid & Lizzie entertainment!

In response to Joe, then yes, Devon / Cornwall are fantastic, as long as you, Mrs Joe and the boy don't mind the drive.

Slightly nearer options could be Dorset or North Norfolk.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 09:00 - Feb 25 with 1199 viewsvapour_trail

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 08:15 - Feb 25 by ITFC_Forever

The club is harmless enough.... the kids used to live the Sid & Lizzie entertainment!

In response to Joe, then yes, Devon / Cornwall are fantastic, as long as you, Mrs Joe and the boy don't mind the drive.

Slightly nearer options could be Dorset or North Norfolk.

Used to camp at ruda but avoided that club like the plague. Pubs and restaurants in the village are great. Croyde bay is absolutely lovely.

We now tend to stay at surfers there but doubt that'll be open that early. I'd airbnb it that time of year.

St Ives is great but an almighty trek.
I'd second the shouts for swanage and Lyme regis. There's an awesome real ale and oyster bar at the latter up the hill overlooking the sea.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 09:32 - Feb 25 with 1165 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lake District in Spring is superb.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 10:29 - Feb 25 with 1123 viewsLord_Lucan

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 02:57 - Feb 25 by Footballpete

Isle of Wight. Lots of family friendly stuff to do, and once there nothing is too far away. Plus having to get the ferry makes it feel more like you're really getting away. We stay in some holiday villas in Ventnor. Great views of the sea and close to a tiny yet brilliant local.

This is a good idea. If you don't fancy it then I would go to Devon or Cornwall, you have a better chance of decent weather. How about Torquay? Nice place and you have a fair (probably) at Paignton and you can have day trips to Brixham and Dartmouth and get lost on Dartmoor.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:21 - Feb 25 with 1073 viewscatch74

Airbnb really useful for all the above mentioned.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:28 - Feb 25 with 1063 viewsFreddies_Ears

Drive over to France, rent a cottage (ridiculously cheap off-season), and enjoy how well the French love welcoming little ones in any cafe or restaurant!
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:29 - Feb 25 with 1059 viewsLord_Lucan

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:28 - Feb 25 by Freddies_Ears

Drive over to France, rent a cottage (ridiculously cheap off-season), and enjoy how well the French love welcoming little ones in any cafe or restaurant!

That is also a very good idea.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:32 - Feb 25 with 1053 viewsvapour_trail

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:28 - Feb 25 by Freddies_Ears

It's really southern Europe where people are more welcoming to kids out late. I don't think the French differ too much to over here.

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:35 - Feb 25 with 1042 viewsLord_Lucan

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:32 - Feb 25 by vapour_trail

It's really southern Europe where people are more welcoming to kids out late. I don't think the French differ too much to over here.

The Spanish are fantastic. I was in a little seaside town near Jerez and I went out for some beers around 5pm. At 7.30pm the place was still deserted and I thought to myself what a sh1t town it was. Just after 9pm it got packed with families, all fantastically dressed and well behaved. Super stuff.

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:37 - Feb 25 with 1032 viewsSacrebleu

http://www.nationaltrustholidays.org.uk/holiday-cottage/penhaligon-s-roseland-co
UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:43 - Feb 25 with 1012 viewsvapour_trail

UK based holiday ideas with a few month old baby for about April... on 11:35 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

The Spanish are fantastic. I was in a little seaside town near Jerez and I went out for some beers around 5pm. At 7.30pm the place was still deserted and I thought to myself what a sh1t town it was. Just after 9pm it got packed with families, all fantastically dressed and well behaved. Super stuff.

They are. The Greeks and Italians as well. The nice warm evenings help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024