Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . 10:24 - Feb 28 with 2610 viewsBenters

The good lady broke down so i had to go and sit with her until the breakdown people turned up.

Poor girl she was stuck right on the side,she managed to get off the A12 and thrashed onto the stones .

Some of those trucks that come past flat out about 2 foot away,christ on a bike its not for the faint hearted !

Thankfully we are at home now in the land of village greens .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:26 - Feb 28 with 1998 viewsBluebell

I hope she is ok. What is the problem with the car?
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:37 - Feb 28 with 1980 viewsBenters

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:26 - Feb 28 by Bluebell

I hope she is ok. What is the problem with the car?

Thanks she is but she was very scared by the time i got there !

The bloke towed us to the services and did some tests on it and it came up as a sencor of some sort .

Gentlybentley

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:50 - Feb 28 with 1930 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Our old car started smoking from the inside a few years back on a motorway.

Was absolutely terrifying standing 8 foot from lorries doing 80mph

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:52 - Feb 28 with 1921 viewsGuthrum

Hairy with the lorries. Remember having to change an off-side tyre on the M5 one night with them whizzing past a couple of feet from my backside.

The motorway patrol people turned up just as I had finished.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:55 - Feb 28 with 1914 viewsBenters

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:50 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

They certainly do shift i will say that !

I timed it to perfection as the foreign lorry drivers had just came out of Harwich from the ferry.

Busy old road that A12 .

You dont realise how busy until you stand there for a hour or so !

Gentlybentley

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 11:03 - Feb 28 with 1882 viewshoppy

Did you challenge him to a race on his bike, or had he shot past too quick?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 11:03 - Feb 28 with 1882 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:55 - Feb 28 by Benters

They certainly do shift i will say that !

I timed it to perfection as the foreign lorry drivers had just came out of Harwich from the ferry.

Busy old road that A12 .

You dont realise how busy until you stand there for a hour or so !

Certainly can get your arse twitching when those lorries come past

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:06 - Feb 28 with 1721 viewsoldbluestu

I hope its an electric car, keep the pollution from the village greens
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 13:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:08 - Feb 28 with 1708 viewstaximan

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:50 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

lorries are restricted to 56 mph
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:09 - Feb 28 with 1698 viewstaximan

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:37 - Feb 28 by Benters

The bloke towed us to the services and did some tests on it and it came up as a sencor of some sort .

you were the knight in shining armour !!!!
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:10 - Feb 28 with 1690 viewsSarge

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:08 - Feb 28 by taximan

At least they're supposed to be. Had a huge one overtake me doing 80mph on the M20 a couple of weeks ago. Was Dutch.
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:21 - Feb 28 with 1647 viewsNewcyBlue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:37 - Feb 28 by Benters

Cars are full of sensors mate. Each wheel has a sensor. The engine is covered in them. The throttle, air intake, the exhaust has 2! Doors, seats, windows, steering, lights. All covered in them.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:23 - Feb 28 with 1630 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:08 - Feb 28 by taximan

I didn't realise all lorry drivers were law abiding citizens

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:29 - Feb 28 with 1597 viewstaximan

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:23 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

i cannot be bothered to explain

stupid kid trying to be clever
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:03 - Feb 28 with 1550 viewsThrobbe

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 10:52 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

Hairy with the lorries. Remember having to change an off-side tyre on the M5 one night with them whizzing past a couple of feet from my backside.

The motorway patrol people turned up just as I had finished.

Horrible isn't it?

Having spent a few years working behind cones I'd cheerfully make anyone caught speeding through roadworks spend a day stood 4 feet away from fast moving traffic.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:08 - Feb 28 with 1537 viewsgtsb1966

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:23 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

He never said that did he. He said the lorry itself is restricted so cannot do more than 56mph.
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:09 - Feb 28 with 1536 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 13:29 - Feb 28 by taximan

i cannot be bothered to explain

stupid kid trying to be clever

I'm not trying to be clever at all

I'm just saying I'm sure some lorry drivers would be going above any speeding limit

Your '56 maximum' comment suggests it's actually you who tried to be clever

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:09 - Feb 28 with 1531 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:08 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

He never said that did he. He said the lorry itself is restricted so cannot do more than 56mph.

That's not what he said is it

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:11 - Feb 28 with 1523 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:08 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

But not all lorries are restricted are they?

Some are quicker

As proven above by someone else on this thread

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:16 - Feb 28 with 1495 viewsgtsb1966

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:11 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

But not all lorries are restricted are they?

Some are quicker

As proven above by someone else on this thread

I drive up and down the A12 four days a week and I can honestly say I've never seen a lorry hurtling down the road at excessive speeds.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 14:17]
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:19 - Feb 28 with 1476 viewsKieran_Knows

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:16 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

I drive up and down the A12 four days a week and I can honestly say I've never seen a lorry hurtling down the road at excessive speeds.

I'm with you, I drive to Marks Tey and back Monday-Friday and can't say I have ever seen a lorry doing ridiculous speeds.

That said, I don't doubt for one minute that not all lorries are restricted.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:26 - Feb 28 with 1455 viewsGeoffSentence

It is 60mph now, except in Scotland where it is 50.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:34 - Feb 28 with 1432 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:16 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

Even if the lorries weren't going 80 (how would anyone know either way?) they were still hurtling past and Bl00dy scary to people waiting by the side of the road.

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:41 - Feb 28 with 1410 viewstaximan

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:09 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not trying to be clever at all

I'm just saying I'm sure some lorry drivers would be going above any speeding limit

Your '56 maximum' comment suggests it's actually you who tried to be clever

lorries have limiters fitted to restrict their speed

drivers have to use a tachograph which records hoyrs driving and speed, amongst other things

the penalties for violating tachgraph rules are huge

haulage companies would not risk losing their operators licence on the back of drivers breaking the rules

maybe i should have mentioned that prior to setting up my private hire stuff i was a lorry driver
hope this helps you understand
Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:43 - Feb 28 with 1396 viewstaximan

Had a fun filled morning sitting on the side of the A12 . on 14:09 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

That's not what he said is it

any particular bit of "lorries are restricted to 56 mph" that you didn't understand ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024