Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? 10:09 - Mar 17 with 836 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

They just have to?

Getting the ST holders back after they've gone will be much harder than keeping them. All these prices have done is say to loyal fans like Facters that they don't care about his loyalty.

All about money all the fooking time.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:11 - Mar 17 with 818 viewsKieran_Knows

They'll extend the early bird deadline. That's all they'll do.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:11 - Mar 17 with 809 viewsoldbluestu

But it's the same with the fans all the talk about is spending money on new players
They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:12 - Mar 17 with 797 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:11 - Mar 17 by oldbluestu

But it's the same with the fans all the talk about is spending money on new players

You surely can't defend Evans over this?

It's pure greed

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:15 - Mar 17 with 763 viewstextbackup

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:12 - Mar 17 by The_Romford_Blue

It's pure greed

Of course he does the stupid twot

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:21 - Mar 17 with 728 viewshatch

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:12 - Mar 17 by The_Romford_Blue

It's pure greed

I think to expect an underperforming football club to maintain prices when there's costs that need covering and falling attendances is interesting.

I'm sure much of it comes down to price elasticity and what they believe fans are willing to pay to keep the club afloat. I'm not here to defend Evans but we know he pumps money into the club to keep it running and setting nice prices for loyal fans may seem the 'right' thing to do but I'd rather be paying a small amount more each season if it means the club doesn't go out of business.

I do agree that there seems to be little focus on any benefit for current fans over attaining new fans - the FanZone draw is quite laughable (but still better than no FanZone). There should be some sort of loyalty system alongside the increased prices, whereas they seem to have just increased prices and neglected to offer anything back.

Ultimately it all comes down to price & demand and break-even charts though.
They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:23 - Mar 17 with 710 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's pure greed

Is it though? When you take into account the rebanding lower down, balanced against the 1.5% increase for adults plus the old fogies increase, what actually will be the change in overall income for a given crowd size.

We've got no way of knowing the overall change, which the cynic in me says is why they've made it so complicated. It's like train tickets - have so many different bands, and early birds and discounts, that you can't see the bigger picture.

So that cynical me is saying it's likely they're hiding an increase in overall price in this, but it's hard to prove that it is greed.

Anyway, the increases are almost irrelevant in that existing prices were already too high imo.

PS. I'm not defending btw, I think it's a dog's dinner and PR own goal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:30 - Mar 17 with 673 viewsTLA

It's pure greed

I think this issue is about good business over football business (which is crazy).

As someone who runs a (very) small company, I have to make compromises (usually to my salary) because we can't sustain a loss, ever. That's simple business and I'd love football clubs to work like that.

However, my work isn't in an environment where others can sustain huge losses, which isn't the same for ITFC.

ME could have announced that he's reducing season ticket prices but will also reduce the wage bill of the club from £16m + to £10m so it's not more than 100% of turnover. That would have implications to us being competitive, obviously, but I wonder how long the current model can be sustained.

I like good business but don't like football business!
They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:38 - Mar 17 with 642 viewsAuntieBlue

They're going to make a U-turn over this surely? on 10:23 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

Is it though? When you take into account the rebanding lower down, balanced against the 1.5% increase for adults plus the old fogies increase, what actually will be the change in overall income for a given crowd size.

We've got no way of knowing the overall change, which the cynic in me says is why they've made it so complicated. It's like train tickets - have so many different bands, and early birds and discounts, that you can't see the bigger picture.

So that cynical me is saying it's likely they're hiding an increase in overall price in this, but it's hard to prove that it is greed.

Anyway, the increases are almost irrelevant in that existing prices were already too high imo.

PS. I'm not defending btw, I think it's a dog's dinner and PR own goal.

Whilst I think I agree with you - I don't like the term old fogie. Would you mind rephrasing that please!

Poll: Which biscuit for morning coffee?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024