Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when only 9/10,000 renew 10:26 - Mar 17 with 1244 viewstextbackup

Does ME sit back and think 'that went well' ?

I genuinely don't know if it is or not?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:29 - Mar 17 with 1215 viewsSWGF

They're expecting 2000 not to renew

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:31 - Mar 17 with 1189 viewstaximan

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:29 - Mar 17 by SWGF

i would think you can double that
So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:42 - Mar 17 with 1150 viewstextbackup

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:29 - Mar 17 by SWGF

Imagine having a business plan where you expect 2000 less customers... not like anyone warned them, or the signs have been there, to therefore try and stop this happening

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:43 - Mar 17 with 1145 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

As others have said, there probably will be about a 2000 drop initially but when Mick leaves in the summer and we appoint a new manager then there will be an increase in tickets again which we may make the numbers back up.

Its whether you are brave enough to take a gamble on the early bird that Mick will leave in the summer or not. Its unfair that the early bird deadline is so early-with so much in limbo the club need to exend this in to June and hopefully like last year they will.

My worry is that all the people that don't go for the early bird and then are not bothered at all by a new appointment=especially if it is someone like Jackett & then don't bother getting a season ticket means we probably will be playing in front of gates of 10-12K. That would mean that its been a monumental disaster this summer.

Time will tell, but this could all back fire on Evans and the club spectacularly!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:45 - Mar 17 with 1125 viewsBackToRussia

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:42 - Mar 17 by textbackup

Imagine having a business plan where you expect 2000 less customers... not like anyone warned them, or the signs have been there, to therefore try and stop this happening

He's had a full season to think about how to avoid this, and this is his answer. Baffling.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:48 - Mar 17 with 1112 viewsFrimleyBlue

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:43 - Mar 17 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

As others have said, there probably will be about a 2000 drop initially but when Mick leaves in the summer and we appoint a new manager then there will be an increase in tickets again which we may make the numbers back up.

Its whether you are brave enough to take a gamble on the early bird that Mick will leave in the summer or not. Its unfair that the early bird deadline is so early-with so much in limbo the club need to exend this in to June and hopefully like last year they will.

My worry is that all the people that don't go for the early bird and then are not bothered at all by a new appointment=especially if it is someone like Jackett & then don't bother getting a season ticket means we probably will be playing in front of gates of 10-12K. That would mean that its been a monumental disaster this summer.

Time will tell, but this could all back fire on Evans and the club spectacularly!

We will find out before the summer if mick is staying

contract extensions for the likes of Gerken, Chambers etc.

They owe nothing to itfc and could go and play somewhere else. for me, having mick here is the only reason they'd sign an extension.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:02 - Mar 17 with 1042 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:48 - Mar 17 by FrimleyBlue

We will find out before the summer if mick is staying

contract extensions for the likes of Gerken, Chambers etc.

They owe nothing to itfc and could go and play somewhere else. for me, having mick here is the only reason they'd sign an extension.

From what I have heard I truly believe Mick is off and Milnes comments only reinforce that IMO (Mick & Evans will discuss his future after we are safe etc.). Micks objective since January has always been to keep us up and then he will get a golden handshake come the summer and there will be a mutual parting of the ways-best for all involved IMO.

I think the Gerken deal has been put in place as Bart is unfortunately going to be sold this summer to balance the books and I am sure the club/Mick is trying to not leave itself without a recognised first team goalkeeper for next season especially with Crowe also out of contract this summer too. Chambers again deserves his contract and is good for the club whether its for Mick or a new manager, has he actually signed it yet though? Did I miss that?

I think the club need to confirm Micks situation to the fans ASAP though so fans can make their minds up on season tickets etc. rather than rely on speculation etc. Time will tell though!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:20 - Mar 17 with 995 viewsITFCBlues

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:42 - Mar 17 by textbackup

How would you suggest they stop this happening?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:21 - Mar 17 with 986 viewsitfcjoe

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 10:43 - Mar 17 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Do you honestly think replacing Mick with some other manager, likely to be cut from the same cloth, will attract any more than a couple of dozen fans back?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:22 - Mar 17 with 977 viewsBackToRussia

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:20 - Mar 17 by ITFCBlues

How would you suggest they stop this happening?

Knock off £50 off all adult ticket prices, keep the u11 ticket £10, give more membership benefits to a standard ST even if it means scrapping some of the ridiculous Gold Silver Platinum BS. For a start.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:22 - Mar 17 with 970 viewsITFCBlues

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:21 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Do you honestly think replacing Mick with some other manager, likely to be cut from the same cloth, will attract any more than a couple of dozen fans back?

Exactly - who exactly are people expecting Mick to be replaced by?

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:32 - Mar 17 with 951 viewsITFCBlues

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:22 - Mar 17 by BackToRussia

Knock off £50 off all adult ticket prices, keep the u11 ticket £10, give more membership benefits to a standard ST even if it means scrapping some of the ridiculous Gold Silver Platinum BS. For a start.

You think that knocking off £50 would keep 2k extra ST holders?

A lot of people have already made up their minds - they'll renew regardless or they're just bored and a £50 gesture would make zero difference

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:49 - Mar 17 with 905 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:21 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Not at all if its like for like with McCarthy, if we replace him with someone like Jackett etc then its not exactly going to set the pulses racing and get the fans clamouring to sign up.

However, if Evans does get the appointment right then I think you would be surprised at the pull by a new manager, you only have to look at the number of tickets sold when Keane was appointed-yes it didnt work out well but he was certainly an appointment that got people signing up again which is clearly what it will be about with Evans again this time around, or will at least enter his train of thoughts.

I am like you, I don't trust Evans to appoint anyone decent but surely he has to roll the dice this summer-if he sticks with Mick he will lose season tickets, if he makes an unpopular or like for like replacement then surely he will lose season tickets again. Surely its time to go bold, or go home!

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:54 - Mar 17 with 876 viewsitfcjoe

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:49 - Mar 17 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Not at all if its like for like with McCarthy, if we replace him with someone like Jackett etc then its not exactly going to set the pulses racing and get the fans clamouring to sign up.

However, if Evans does get the appointment right then I think you would be surprised at the pull by a new manager, you only have to look at the number of tickets sold when Keane was appointed-yes it didnt work out well but he was certainly an appointment that got people signing up again which is clearly what it will be about with Evans again this time around, or will at least enter his train of thoughts.

I am like you, I don't trust Evans to appoint anyone decent but surely he has to roll the dice this summer-if he sticks with Mick he will lose season tickets, if he makes an unpopular or like for like replacement then surely he will lose season tickets again. Surely its time to go bold, or go home!

Keane was a huge appointment and was going to be backed by serious money.

We aren't going to pull a big name in, and anyone from lower leagues isn't going to pull a load of fans back this summer. We are back to square one - need success on pitch before fans come back, it's too far gone

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 12:06 - Mar 17 with 823 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:54 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Keane was a huge appointment and was going to be backed by serious money.

We aren't going to pull a big name in, and anyone from lower leagues isn't going to pull a load of fans back this summer. We are back to square one - need success on pitch before fans come back, it's too far gone

True, the big names are unlikely to want to come here but honeslty I dont particuarly want one anyway, there are so many has-been managers out there and I would like to see us break this mold of going for managers that have had achievements in the past. For me, I want someone young & hungry that still has that all that to achieve and wants to do it with us-we have and always will be better at making reputations than enhancing one.

I would be over the moon if we appointed a younger, forward thinking manager from the lower leagues. Yes it might not get the numbers through the doors straight away but it would be better in the long term if we started playing better quality football, started using the youth academy more and starting getting results and actually building something rather than just hoping for the best which seems to be the current model.

Either way, we will never reach the 12750k mark this season unless Evans appoints a big manager and backs him with millions which is never going to happen. Something needs to give and it will be Mick this summer, but until something happens with Evans as well then we are all in for a rough ride!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 12:07]

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 12:23 - Mar 17 with 778 viewsmikeybloo88

In all seriousness, I'd take a punt on the Cowley boys from Lincoln. This club needs an injection of enthusiasm, and while I realise of course that they are not experienced at this level, their ability to empower Lincoln and strategically match good managers like Dyche and Hughton (MM doesn't count)showed that they could hack it at Championship level. I really think they'd put bums on seats, and attract a few decent players, which at the end of the day is what we need. There has to be a player shake up too.
So when only 9/10,000 renew on 12:40 - Mar 17 with 706 viewsgreyhound

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:32 - Mar 17 by ITFCBlues

A lot of people have already made up their minds - they'll renew regardless or they're just bored and a £50 gesture would make zero difference

50 quid wouldn't have been a big enough reduction to get people in. However moving the seniors age bracket to 65 will lose most of the 800 fans that pay that rate plus those entering that age range who just missed out this time last year. 1.5 percent is a tiny increase but because it's an increase it looks terrible. I can't see how the meeting went where that was deemed a happy medium. Freezing the prices had to be the absolute hard stop for season ticket prices. Really dissapointed there is so little will to keep people coming back
So when only 9/10,000 renew on 12:43 - Mar 17 with 692 viewsitfcjoe

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 11:32 - Mar 17 by ITFCBlues

It's more that there would clearly be a number of people on the fence - this announcement is a big f*ck you to them and it's obvious which side they will now fall.

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 12:44 - Mar 17 with 689 viewsmickeyjb

So when only 9/10,000 renew on 12:23 - Mar 17 by mikeybloo88

In all seriousness, I'd take a punt on the Cowley boys from Lincoln. This club needs an injection of enthusiasm, and while I realise of course that they are not experienced at this level, their ability to empower Lincoln and strategically match good managers like Dyche and Hughton (MM doesn't count)showed that they could hack it at Championship level. I really think they'd put bums on seats, and attract a few decent players, which at the end of the day is what we need. There has to be a player shake up too.

Agreed, and why not. All that there is left is a constant revolution of managers living by of the fact that they once got a team promoted and therefor they must be our best bet.....really????

I'd like to see those boys get a chance, organisation, strategies, game plans (having a back up one seems to help) so what if they are not names. Give them a chance. How do people know a persons true potential without an opportunity. All I see is a monopoly of managerial positions by has been managers. Be adventurous for fcuk sake. Can it really be worse than this guff at the moment??
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 12:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024