Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. 11:39 - Mar 23 with 3557 viewsusm

What is it, 40p a game or something. Crazy. Its no surprise its being abused. Its a bit like being asked to pay an extra £10 to ensure the seat beside you on an a plane is free.

The whole ticketing/pricing thing is a fiasco.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:41 - Mar 23 with 3107 viewsBenters

I would pay £10 extra for a window seat though is that possible?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:51 - Mar 23 with 3030 viewsusm

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:41 - Mar 23 by Benters

I would pay £10 extra for a window seat though is that possible?

Youre a window licker?

Ahh it all starts to make sense now.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:54 - Mar 23 with 3011 viewsBenters

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:51 - Mar 23 by usm

Youre a window licker?

Ahh it all starts to make sense now.

I have used the Galloways coaches in my time yes

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 12:05 - Mar 23 with 2966 viewsScuzzer

Yeah but it will not be next season. £50, for me this would have been for a real 7 year old boy, not a made up 'somewhere to put your coat' explanation that Milne tried to label all of the people with. It would still be affordable, but would it be worth it? I think my grandson has done brilliantly this past season to still want to come to the majority of daytime matches without uttering those words " I'm bored granddad, can we go home" Once again the club has wielded a big stick to crack a very small nut. The situation regarding wanting to protect availability to avoid a waiting list for the family enclosures is just nonsense. There are hundreds of seats still available in these areas. Yes, there may have been a problem IF the club managed by some means to get into the Premier League, but as it is looking now that situation is looking very, very remote...with a real possibility that very shortly this once proud club will be languishing in the third tier. Would you really want to be paying those season ticket prices for a team playing that sort of football in a lower league? We now believe the all round cost now outstrips the returns and so our four generations of Town supporters will not be there next season. Simply cannot afford to.

Established 1968

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 12:07 - Mar 23 with 2951 viewsReuser_is_God

I really don't understand people who would pay for this £10 ticket just to have a free seat next to them.

I'm guessing that these are older fans (40+) who have been going years so my question would be, how dis they cope in the glory days when the place was rammed? What if we get back to the days of 27k & you probably won't have a free seat next to you? Do you stop going? No, you wouldn't.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:21 - Mar 23 with 2711 viewsSWGF

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 12:07 - Mar 23 by Reuser_is_God

I really don't understand people who would pay for this £10 ticket just to have a free seat next to them.

I'm guessing that these are older fans (40+) who have been going years so my question would be, how dis they cope in the glory days when the place was rammed? What if we get back to the days of 27k & you probably won't have a free seat next to you? Do you stop going? No, you wouldn't.

You don't understand people because it's not really happening. It's the Club not understanding that people purchase tickets for kids who can't attend all the time but it's there if they need it (and is obviously situated next to the adult).

SWGF Jnr has a tenner ticket and comes to 80% of matches due to evening games etc.

At times, he's in the ground but not in his seat as he's wandered to the back of the stand with his mate to play Top Trumps because the cutback is so mind numbingly tedious.

If the Club thought it was a huge issue they could speak to the offenders. But they haven't. They've increased the kids' ticket price instead.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:26 - Mar 23 with 2692 viewsPinewoodblue

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:21 - Mar 23 by SWGF

You don't understand people because it's not really happening. It's the Club not understanding that people purchase tickets for kids who can't attend all the time but it's there if they need it (and is obviously situated next to the adult).

SWGF Jnr has a tenner ticket and comes to 80% of matches due to evening games etc.

At times, he's in the ground but not in his seat as he's wandered to the back of the stand with his mate to play Top Trumps because the cutback is so mind numbingly tedious.

If the Club thought it was a huge issue they could speak to the offenders. But they haven't. They've increased the kids' ticket price instead.

Presumably the nice people on the turnstiles would, when your son isn't with you, swipe your sons ticket for you so you get your £2 to spend in the club shop.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:28 - Mar 23 with 2669 viewsSteve_M

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:26 - Mar 23 by Pinewoodblue

Presumably the nice people on the turnstiles would, when your son isn't with you, swipe your sons ticket for you so you get your £2 to spend in the club shop.

I doubt it, half of them can barely remember what they have to do with the ticket each time I proffer it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:31 - Mar 23 with 2654 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:21 - Mar 23 by SWGF

I think that ME has realised

he was the cheapest in the league for this

and

the oap at 60 was also a great deal

That can't Happen - So has made sure he isn't giving anything away!

Im sure all the teas coffees pies pints etc won't be anywhere near the cheapest.

He see the fans as very affluent with money to burn - like himself!!
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:31 - Mar 23 with 2648 viewsGeoffSentence

The real reason, and I have this on good authority from someone in the know, is that they are worried people will buy them just to tear them up in front of the manager.

Def info.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:33 - Mar 23 with 2634 viewsStenvict

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 12:07 - Mar 23 by Reuser_is_God

Am I right in saying that these £10 ST can be upgraded on a match day for the difference between a child's match day cost and an adult's match day cost? Thus meaning it is cheaper for Joe Bloggs to just pay THAT difference each time they want to go along.

Poll: What will be announced first?

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:35 - Mar 23 with 2617 viewsoldbluestu

It was one of the cheapest in the league nearly all the other teams charge around £50 for kids, strange how you don't hear those fans moaning about £50
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 15:31 - Mar 23 with 2511 viewsHARRY10

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 12:05 - Mar 23 by Scuzzer

Yeah but it will not be next season. £50, for me this would have been for a real 7 year old boy, not a made up 'somewhere to put your coat' explanation that Milne tried to label all of the people with. It would still be affordable, but would it be worth it? I think my grandson has done brilliantly this past season to still want to come to the majority of daytime matches without uttering those words " I'm bored granddad, can we go home" Once again the club has wielded a big stick to crack a very small nut. The situation regarding wanting to protect availability to avoid a waiting list for the family enclosures is just nonsense. There are hundreds of seats still available in these areas. Yes, there may have been a problem IF the club managed by some means to get into the Premier League, but as it is looking now that situation is looking very, very remote...with a real possibility that very shortly this once proud club will be languishing in the third tier. Would you really want to be paying those season ticket prices for a team playing that sort of football in a lower league? We now believe the all round cost now outstrips the returns and so our four generations of Town supporters will not be there next season. Simply cannot afford to.

This is bizarre, as you can easily move about to find any space you want given that the ground is now more than half empty

What these silly changes amount to is nothing more than revealing the true intent of the club - as they will not address the debt nor add anything to the playing budget

How many of us have refused to use a business elsewhere over what amounts to a minimal charge but one that seems 'penny pinching'

Why not get out and meet the fans Mr Milne and talk WITH them ?

A budgie told me that dear old delia for all her faults does this, gets an ear bashing and plenty of 'banter' but she seems to think it is part of the job and maybe tottering out onto the pitch somewhat 'overwrought' to rant at the fans does show some sort of passion

So why not Mr Milne, not the pitch antics, but talking to us, show that you think we are all in this together - who knows amongst all the antomical based suggestions you might pick up some helpful suggestions ?
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 16:54 - Mar 23 with 2387 viewssouthnorfolkblue

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:35 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

It was one of the cheapest in the league nearly all the other teams charge around £50 for kids, strange how you don't hear those fans moaning about £50

You might hear them moan if their prices went up 500% though.....

Poll: Our final position

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 2340 viewsstrikalite

Have to agree, £50 is still crazy cheap, even if they don't attend every game it is...

Try paying £37.50(match day) and have a child sat next to you who is really not interested and only there because the seat was free, virtually...

It's fcuking annoying, sorry but it is.

Pay a bit more and get the kids in who want to be there and can follow a game at least..
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 17:09 - Mar 23 with 2322 viewsoldbluestu

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 16:54 - Mar 23 by southnorfolkblue

You might hear them moan if their prices went up 500% though.....

But you never heard Town fans praise ME for the £10 this season
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 18:03 - Mar 23 with 2248 viewsitfcjoe

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 17:09 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

That's not true, this has been praised many times. And was also brought in before Evans' ownership.

This was the big headline from club on ST announcement day last year, and is now shelved, its pathetic.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 18:11 - Mar 23 with 2221 viewsRonFearonsHair

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 14:26 - Mar 23 by Pinewoodblue

That's the plan this end.
In fact, there's probably a quid in it for them so everyone's a winner.
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 18:30 - Mar 23 with 2188 viewsmos

Don't know why you'd pay £10 for an empty seat next to you for your coat.

When you can pay nothing and find many empty seats for it.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 18:49 - Mar 23 with 2130 viewsbrogansnose

The £10 ST for the boy when he was that age to sit in the lower Cobbold was great value and very good for me. I'd would even have paid £50 but to have to have a kids ticket just to sit there with no one else in proximity is daft. When the weather is poor you get soaked, frozen and in the Summer cooked in full sun.

As others have said, is it such a big deal with our levels of seat uptake ?
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 18:53 - Mar 23 with 2115 viewssticklegs

Not sure it's being abused. I had to send in photocopies of my children's passports as evidence of age etc.... The reason they don't go to every game is that the football is so dull, my daughter has lost interest over the course of the season. My son is too young for night games, so I've had at least one empty seat next to me for 75% of games.
£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 1607 viewssotd78

This is my letter to the club. It partly explains why we have child tickets for a tenner but sometimes/often don't use them. It also gives some other ideas which you may or may not agree with.

To ITFC

At the risk of labouring the point I think the club has clearly misunderstood the situation regarding child ticketing.

If the club wants to encourage a younger fan base it has to make that work for those that bring the youngsters — which has by definition to be Dads and Grandads.

The club (along with most of the other professional football clubs) lost their way with the generation commonly known as Millennials. My wife and my other daughter used to attend; my son’s daughter and his son used to attend. They lost interest because a) the cost went prohibitive for anyone aged 16+ b) no-one could sit together at a price we could all afford c) casual support was price-hiked. Big mistakes.

Now we are trying to bring along the next generation — children under 11 who are our grandchildren.
In our extended family grouping we have four adults and three children. We don’t occupy the child seats on every occasion — one of the boys is just 5; the others 7 and 10. They do other things, don’t attend in wet and grotty weather or night games. So a tenner to access the seat makes sense.
During this last season the boys have been in the fan zone, got treated to drinks and sweets; had hats and shirts bought for them — all joined up marketing .

It is NO GOOD the club saying that fans have abused the privilege of child seats. It is NO GOOD offering Team Card points when the boys will not attend every game.

You are in danger here of chasing away the very fans you supposedly wish to attract.
The £50 policy is not thought out. I suggest it is not actually borne of really wanting to attract the youngster but more to defrag an area of the ground that you might then utilise.

Instead of all the shenanigans with defragging the lower terrace I suggest you “start again” — look at who you are trying to attract and utilise parts of the ground that can accommodate more families (if and when you get them).

Next season I think you are going to find that four adults and three children becomes at best three adults and one child. It’s retrograde.

If defragging the lower terrace is still on the agenda then do something clever and constructive and offer the adult only supporters on that terracing a price protected move to somewhere considered to be better or on a par. Do not offer the Cobbold Terrace which is not appropriate — being blighted by either bright sunlight or rain.

Finally, consider actually listening to the fans and taking from them the clever ideas. The club now has the luxury of having loads of empty spaces — so it could do walk up and sit anywhere tickets for some parts of the ground.
The under 23 ticket is a good idea but it STILL MISSES the point. Loads of young men, women (and boys/girls) don’t have the wherewithal to commit even to £230. But they just might pick a few games and walk up to the ground. Especially if they can bring their less supportive, less ITFC mates along.

Take the whole of Cobbold A and make it walk up on the day sit anywhere tickets - say £12 if you are unwaged, student, OAP. Chuck in a programme to enthuse them and give a voucher for a free drink at the NEXT game. That’s joined up clever marketing.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:18 - Mar 24 with 1547 viewsSteve_M

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:01 - Mar 24 by sotd78

This is my letter to the club. It partly explains why we have child tickets for a tenner but sometimes/often don't use them. It also gives some other ideas which you may or may not agree with.

To ITFC

At the risk of labouring the point I think the club has clearly misunderstood the situation regarding child ticketing.

If the club wants to encourage a younger fan base it has to make that work for those that bring the youngsters — which has by definition to be Dads and Grandads.

The club (along with most of the other professional football clubs) lost their way with the generation commonly known as Millennials. My wife and my other daughter used to attend; my son’s daughter and his son used to attend. They lost interest because a) the cost went prohibitive for anyone aged 16+ b) no-one could sit together at a price we could all afford c) casual support was price-hiked. Big mistakes.

Now we are trying to bring along the next generation — children under 11 who are our grandchildren.
In our extended family grouping we have four adults and three children. We don’t occupy the child seats on every occasion — one of the boys is just 5; the others 7 and 10. They do other things, don’t attend in wet and grotty weather or night games. So a tenner to access the seat makes sense.
During this last season the boys have been in the fan zone, got treated to drinks and sweets; had hats and shirts bought for them — all joined up marketing .

It is NO GOOD the club saying that fans have abused the privilege of child seats. It is NO GOOD offering Team Card points when the boys will not attend every game.

You are in danger here of chasing away the very fans you supposedly wish to attract.
The £50 policy is not thought out. I suggest it is not actually borne of really wanting to attract the youngster but more to defrag an area of the ground that you might then utilise.

Instead of all the shenanigans with defragging the lower terrace I suggest you “start again” — look at who you are trying to attract and utilise parts of the ground that can accommodate more families (if and when you get them).

Next season I think you are going to find that four adults and three children becomes at best three adults and one child. It’s retrograde.

If defragging the lower terrace is still on the agenda then do something clever and constructive and offer the adult only supporters on that terracing a price protected move to somewhere considered to be better or on a par. Do not offer the Cobbold Terrace which is not appropriate — being blighted by either bright sunlight or rain.

Finally, consider actually listening to the fans and taking from them the clever ideas. The club now has the luxury of having loads of empty spaces — so it could do walk up and sit anywhere tickets for some parts of the ground.
The under 23 ticket is a good idea but it STILL MISSES the point. Loads of young men, women (and boys/girls) don’t have the wherewithal to commit even to £230. But they just might pick a few games and walk up to the ground. Especially if they can bring their less supportive, less ITFC mates along.

Take the whole of Cobbold A and make it walk up on the day sit anywhere tickets - say £12 if you are unwaged, student, OAP. Chuck in a programme to enthuse them and give a voucher for a free drink at the NEXT game. That’s joined up clever marketing.

I think the point needs to be laboured in this case and it starts to seem that Milne understands that; unfortunately he's not the decision maker.

I think people explaining how they use the U11 ticket will help if there is the slightest sense of Evans paying attention.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:50 - Mar 24 with 1494 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 17:09 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

Exactly. Whilst unfortunate and ill though out, the £50 ticket with £2 matchday rewards seems like a decent deal in isolation. The issue is what it replaces as well as the 'product' that you are paying for. If you take junior to 15 matches your spend will be £20.. Not bad..

The two faux pars that the club have made is the PR around this junior ticket and the inflexibility to those already in the 60-65 bracket, who are certainly being the most hard done by.. and by some margin.
Start again ITFC on 12:10 - Mar 24 with 1449 viewssotd78

£10 for a Season Ticket is ridiculous. on 11:50 - Mar 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Exactly. Whilst unfortunate and ill though out, the £50 ticket with £2 matchday rewards seems like a decent deal in isolation. The issue is what it replaces as well as the 'product' that you are paying for. If you take junior to 15 matches your spend will be £20.. Not bad..

The two faux pars that the club have made is the PR around this junior ticket and the inflexibility to those already in the 60-65 bracket, who are certainly being the most hard done by.. and by some margin.

The club seem terrified of being caught out as being unfair to one group or another but then do these stupid things. If instead they started from scratch - like you would if you were launching a new venture then you'd do any number of clever things. Family group tickets, price promotions without the need to know a ST holder and so forth. For the majority of ST holders it is all about "supporting" the club, being in the same place week in and week out, knowing the fans around you. That is a privilege for which I would pay my fair price. So then I don't much mind if the club did promotions to casual fans and occasional supporters. The Newcastle game, for example, could be a price promotion for anyone as far as I care.
In effect it is like sitting on a plane - you know that someone paid more than you; but probably also several paid less. It's just how it is.
So why cannot the master ticketing guru that is Marcus Evans Group not also see it?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024