Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. 05:49 - Mar 28 with 2708 viewsBenters

Say security services they are calling them 'combat hardened soldiers'.

To date only a fraction of those returning from Syria and Iraq have been prosecuted.

Surely these people are traitors and should be banged up ?

We live in worrying times.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:42 - Mar 28 with 1909 viewsfactual_blue

To be a traitor, you have to have committed treason. As the Treason Act of 1351 shows, they haven't.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/Edw3Stat5/25/2/images/aep_13510002_enm_1517663

For the sake of clarity, I've cited the Act in its original Norman French.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:52 - Mar 28 with 1886 viewsBenters

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:42 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

To be a traitor, you have to have committed treason. As the Treason Act of 1351 shows, they haven't.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/Edw3Stat5/25/2/images/aep_13510002_enm_1517663

They havent commited treason ? Balls .

Gentlybentley

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:54 - Mar 28 with 1884 viewsfactual_blue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:52 - Mar 28 by Benters

They havent commited treason ? Balls .

Sorry if fact doesn't fit with your ill-informed, hateful daily express agenda, but that's life.

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:36 - Mar 28 with 1804 viewsMJallday

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:42 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

dont worry , treseme will get all this updated in the next 2 years

or something

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:38 - Mar 28 with 1793 viewsHerbivore

Is this in the Mail or the Express?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:42 - Mar 28 with 1779 viewstaximan

we should welcome them home with open arms

they have done nothing wrong

or something
More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:46 - Mar 28 with 1762 viewsvapour_trail

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:42 - Mar 28 by taximan

or something

You are the only person I have ever heard say this.

You're a complete oddball.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:52 - Mar 28 with 1747 viewsGlasgowBlue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:38 - Mar 28 by Herbivore

Sky News. But it's been widely reported elsewhere. Do you dispute the figures quoted? And if so, on what basis?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 7:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:59 - Mar 28 with 1725 viewsvapour_trail

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:52 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

Sky News. But it's been widely reported elsewhere. Do you dispute the figures quoted? And if so, on what basis?

Why have you withdrawn your down arrow from DKs thread, glassers? Have you changed your mind about May overnight?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:00 - Mar 28 with 1696 viewsGlasgowBlue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:59 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

Why have you withdrawn your down arrow from DKs thread, glassers? Have you changed your mind about May overnight?

I haven't down arrowed or withdrawn a down arrow from anything.

Edit. Can you withdraw a down arrow. I thought once you hit that button it was irreversible?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 8:02]

Iron Lion Zion

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:15 - Mar 28 with 1639 viewsfactual_blue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:38 - Mar 28 by Herbivore

Well I can't find it on the BBC website, so it's neither true nor relevant.

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:16 - Mar 28 with 1629 viewsvapour_trail

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:00 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

I haven't down arrowed or withdrawn a down arrow from anything.

Edit. Can you withdraw a down arrow. I thought once you hit that button it was irreversible?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 8:02]

You had one on there yesterday. I think that's why he's only +6 when he's got seven ups.

I've solved arrowgate.

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:18 - Mar 28 with 1616 viewsbournemouthblue

I wonder how many of those have come back totally and utterly shocked with what they saw and perhaps now against what they went out there to support?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:21 - Mar 28 with 1568 viewsGlasgowBlue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:16 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

You had one on there yesterday. I think that's why he's only +6 when he's got seven ups.

I've solved arrowgate.

I don't recall down arrowing him. I posted a yawn graphic.

If I did down arrow him I certainly didn't withdraw it.

Iron Lion Zion

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:22 - Mar 28 with 1560 viewsvapour_trail

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:18 - Mar 28 by bournemouthblue

I wonder how many of those have come back totally and utterly shocked with what they saw and perhaps now against what they went out there to support?

Either way, if the numbers are correct, it's not great news.

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:30 - Mar 28 with 1540 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:42 - Mar 28 by taximan

or something

Could you provide a link, or even a name, for anyone on here who said that

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:38 - Mar 28 with 1517 viewsDanTheMan

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:22 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

Either way, if the numbers are correct, it's not great news.

If find it kind of weird that this story crops up:
http://news.sky.com/story/battle-hardened-returning-jihadists-pose-uk-terror-thr

A few days after:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/23/is-trains-400-fighters-to-attack-europe-

Maybe it's a coincidence, but that's an odd number to match up within a few days of each other.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:40 - Mar 28 with 1503 viewsfactual_blue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 08:38 - Mar 28 by DanTheMan

If find it kind of weird that this story crops up:
http://news.sky.com/story/battle-hardened-returning-jihadists-pose-uk-terror-thr

A few days after:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/23/is-trains-400-fighters-to-attack-europe-

Maybe it's a coincidence, but that's an odd number to match up within a few days of each other.

Are those two useless news organisations in any way connected?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:23 - Mar 28 with 1406 viewsbrazil1982

Very difficult, travelling to Iraq/Syria is not a crime. I know what I would like to do with them, but that's not legal.

Intelligence / monitoring I guess?
More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:40 - Mar 28 with 1384 viewsNo9

Firstly it is a Sky story so at best dubious.
Secondly if the now PM when Home Secretary had done he job pproperly then we may have had sufficient security forces to deal with this?

I have had a meeting with police this week on the number of police where I live. From what I have learned, due to tory cuts, we have less than one police officer per 25 square miles and there are further cuts to come.
More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:46 - Mar 28 with 1387 viewsGuthrum

Where does this figure of 400 come from?

The sole source seems to be Sky News, who cite variously 'a security expert' and 'security sources', neither identified by name or organisation. Does not cite the "security services" as the origin of this number. How authoritative is this source?

If they're not tracking these individuals, how do they know they've returned?

Is this merely some guess based on estimates of those who went to volunteer (many of whom may not have ever got there) and who are so far - publicly - unaccounted for?

We have no idea of casualty figures among Islamic State fighters, but it is very likely to be in the thousands, if not tens of thousands after years of heavy fighting, commonly featuring suicide attacks. They'll be finding cemeteries and individual bodies out in the desert for decades (those of the First World War, in heavily populated Belgium, are still being discovered).

Quite possibly only a small number have been prosecuted because just those few have made it back in one piece from a war zone with there being adequate evidence (for a successful prosecution) that they actually joined and fought for IS.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 10:23 - Mar 28 with 1328 viewsGuthrum

Tho there is the precedent of the 1916 interpretation used in the trial of Roger Casement, in which someone joining IS could be said to be 'adhering to the [Queen]'s enemies in his realm, giving them aid and comfort in the realm, or elsewhere' (ou sont adherdant as enemys nre Seignr le Roi en le Roialme donant a eux eid ou confort en son Roialme ou p aillours) [my italics, commas not in original French and subject to dispute].

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 11:33 - Mar 28 with 1241 viewsBenters

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 07:52 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed Sky News .

Gentlybentley

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 12:35 - Mar 28 with 1167 viewsGlasgowBlue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:40 - Mar 28 by No9

Secondly if the now PM when Home Secretary had done he job pproperly then we may have had sufficient security forces to deal with this?

I have had a meeting with police this week on the number of police where I live. From what I have learned, due to tory cuts, we have less than one police officer per 25 square miles and there are further cuts to come.

"Firstly it is a Sky story so at best dubious."

Aren't you the bloke who says Chanel 4 News is the most reliable media outlet?

Iron Lion Zion

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 17:09 - Mar 28 with 1033 viewsBenters

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:40 - Mar 28 by No9

utter bolox .

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024