Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Douglas 16:44 - Apr 3 with 2001 viewsLuke40885

All these comments from McCarthy about us booing douglas etc .. apart from the announcement before KO was there any other negativity towards him Saturday? Personally i'd agree with McCarthy in that he didnt actually play that badly and tried desperately to get forward until made to drop in Skuses' absence of course. But certainly from where I sat I didnt think there was much negativity towards douglas directly, no? ... we seriously need to get behind them tomorrow! The booing seriously achieved fook all. Whilst i may agree in parts that ME/IM/MM may be the problem, at a time when the players need us most it was a f*cking disgrace to be honest.. whats laughable is how it turned around so much when we drew level against brum.

Iᴘsᴡɪᴄʜ Tᴏᴡɴ Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Cʟᴜʙ
Poll: Will you be renewing?

Douglas on 17:05 - Apr 3 with 1936 viewsparkinshair

There was a couple of people shouting abuse at him behind me the whole match but I didn't hear much aimed at him on mass apart from pockets of groans and moans.
Let's be honest though. Mick knew the reaction he was going to get. It was baffling TBH as we haven't seen him for months and he suddenly pops up straight in the starting line up. It felt like Mick wanted to get a reaction from the crowd so he could turn his post match interview into yet another "leave Douge alone" monologue and the poor performances are our fault yet again or should we have won bleat on about how great he is and the fans know nothing.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Douglas on 17:10 - Apr 3 with 1919 viewsMullet

Douglas on 17:05 - Apr 3 by parkinshair

There was a couple of people shouting abuse at him behind me the whole match but I didn't hear much aimed at him on mass apart from pockets of groans and moans.
Let's be honest though. Mick knew the reaction he was going to get. It was baffling TBH as we haven't seen him for months and he suddenly pops up straight in the starting line up. It felt like Mick wanted to get a reaction from the crowd so he could turn his post match interview into yet another "leave Douge alone" monologue and the poor performances are our fault yet again or should we have won bleat on about how great he is and the fans know nothing.

Quite. I had one comedian somewhere over my shoulder who was at it the whole game. The booing is indefensible b0llocks, but it's a shrinking minority compared to the QPR embarrassment.

I do think we were forced to play Douglas, Bru would have started had he got back sooner I'd have thought. Diagouraga looks like he's not going to cut it having not played enough this season. He was clearly full of effort and enthusiasm in the first couple of games, but his last performance was abysmal.

With Huws missing and Bishop too who else do we have?

Same as tomorrow night, Dougie might well have to play. At least Saturday he was largely competent and played absolutely fine. But it should never have come to this. He's been relied on far too much this season due to injuries and the conspiracy theories don't work for me.

The truth is often much simpler, and fans trying to engineer everything into some sort of personal insult is a bigger problem than Douglas alone. It's not as if we don't enough issues already that are far more worrying.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Douglas on 17:16 - Apr 3 with 1889 viewschislehurstblue

Douglas on 17:10 - Apr 3 by Mullet

Quite. I had one comedian somewhere over my shoulder who was at it the whole game. The booing is indefensible b0llocks, but it's a shrinking minority compared to the QPR embarrassment.

I do think we were forced to play Douglas, Bru would have started had he got back sooner I'd have thought. Diagouraga looks like he's not going to cut it having not played enough this season. He was clearly full of effort and enthusiasm in the first couple of games, but his last performance was abysmal.

Same as tomorrow night, Dougie might well have to play. At least Saturday he was largely competent and played absolutely fine. But it should never have come to this. He's been relied on far too much this season due to injuries and the conspiracy theories don't work for me.

The truth is often much simpler, and fans trying to engineer everything into some sort of personal insult is a bigger problem than Douglas alone. It's not as if we don't enough issues already that are far more worrying.

excellent post
Douglas on 17:19 - Apr 3 with 1867 viewsSwailsey

As mentioned on the other thread (sorry for repeating) - when he passed backwards he was booed, despite McG doing the same thing 5 minutes before/after (can't remember which) and getting clapped for it.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 17:27]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Douglas on 17:30 - Apr 3 with 1825 viewsclive_baker

Mick's deluded. There were a few people around me giving him a bit of grief but it was hardly audible. I'm not defending it but don't make out like there were 17,000 people baying for his blood for 90 minutes.

I don't mind Douglas. He's not a bad footballer and the level of abuse he gets is unwarranted. Don't get me wrong he shouldn't be at the club, and Mick playing him at the end of last season to trigger the extension of his deal was a poor decision. From what I've heard he's not on a bad wage either. But that's not JD's fault. If anyone deserves stick its Kevin Bru, the bloke is utter pony and couldn't look any less interested in representing this club if he tried. I struggle to recall a player that's wound me up like he does. Lightweight, completely disinterested, hideously ineffective without the ball, can't tackle, can't header, propensity to go missing for large periods, gives the ball away far too freely, holywood pass after Hollywood pass and on the rare occasion one comes off he's regarded by sections of our support as some kind of cultured footballer. Absolute garbage.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Douglas on 17:30 - Apr 3 with 1823 viewschislehurstblue

Douglas on 17:19 - Apr 3 by Swailsey

As mentioned on the other thread (sorry for repeating) - when he passed backwards he was booed, despite McG doing the same thing 5 minutes before/after (can't remember which) and getting clapped for it.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 17:27]

yep, 100%.

The same fans that were booing him are no doubt the same ones who are pretending that there was no booing or that he wasnt singled out.

Douglas played well on Saturday. Whilst not the best player we have ever had, he has generally been ok in what is a very average side. I think there is some resentment that he has kept Bishop out the side for a period of time. Yet somehow this is MM fault.
Douglas on 17:34 - Apr 3 with 1798 viewschislehurstblue

Douglas on 17:30 - Apr 3 by clive_baker

Mick's deluded. There were a few people around me giving him a bit of grief but it was hardly audible. I'm not defending it but don't make out like there were 17,000 people baying for his blood for 90 minutes.

I don't mind Douglas. He's not a bad footballer and the level of abuse he gets is unwarranted. Don't get me wrong he shouldn't be at the club, and Mick playing him at the end of last season to trigger the extension of his deal was a poor decision. From what I've heard he's not on a bad wage either. But that's not JD's fault. If anyone deserves stick its Kevin Bru, the bloke is utter pony and couldn't look any less interested in representing this club if he tried. I struggle to recall a player that's wound me up like he does. Lightweight, completely disinterested, hideously ineffective without the ball, can't tackle, can't header, propensity to go missing for large periods, gives the ball away far too freely, holywood pass after Hollywood pass and on the rare occasion one comes off he's regarded by sections of our support as some kind of cultured footballer. Absolute garbage.

agree with Bru and to start Douglas over Bru was the right call.

Disagree on the Douglas abuse - Fans were waiting for the first mistake and as soon as he did you could hear the moans. The booing of his name before KO was a disgrace as well. As must that make a player feel knowing that his own fans are booing him when he is out there trying to win a match for them??

PS there was no way 17,000 fans there on Saturday. 12,000 tops
Douglas on 17:44 - Apr 3 with 1762 viewsclive_baker

Douglas on 17:34 - Apr 3 by chislehurstblue

agree with Bru and to start Douglas over Bru was the right call.

Disagree on the Douglas abuse - Fans were waiting for the first mistake and as soon as he did you could hear the moans. The booing of his name before KO was a disgrace as well. As must that make a player feel knowing that his own fans are booing him when he is out there trying to win a match for them??

PS there was no way 17,000 fans there on Saturday. 12,000 tops

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending it but to me from NSU it just felt like general apathy towards the situation and club. Frustration over spilling and Douglas taking the brunt, but even then it was tame. Ipswich supporters are on the whole a pretty sleepy bunch let's be honest. It doesn't make it acceptable, nor would it for Bru to be fair so when I said 'if anyone deserves' I would retract that. None of them deserve that. I feel like Mick has made a much bigger deal of it than he needed to. I'm not sure if he's trying to generate some kind of 'them and us' mentality to get the players pumped up for tomorrow or what, but he's out of order in my opinion.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Douglas on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 1669 viewsEly_Blue

Douglas on 17:10 - Apr 3 by Mullet

I suggest you take a look back at their goal on saturday and see just where Douglas was (or wasnt more like)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Douglas on 18:41 - Apr 3 with 1659 viewsPJH

Douglas on 18:37 - Apr 3 by Ely_Blue

I suggest you take a look back at their goal on saturday and see just where Douglas was (or wasnt more like)

Actually I 100% blame Cole Skuse for that goal.
If he had not got himself injured he would have tracked the run and in all probability have got the ball back too.

But then,what does Cole Skuse do?
Douglas on 18:41 - Apr 3 with 1650 viewstextbackup

Douglas on 17:30 - Apr 3 by chislehurstblue

yep, 100%.

The same fans that were booing him are no doubt the same ones who are pretending that there was no booing or that he wasnt singled out.

Douglas played well on Saturday. Whilst not the best player we have ever had, he has generally been ok in what is a very average side. I think there is some resentment that he has kept Bishop out the side for a period of time. Yet somehow this is MM fault.

If you think he played well then you deserve mick as a manager

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Douglas on 18:45 - Apr 3 with 1643 viewsEly_Blue

Douglas on 18:41 - Apr 3 by textbackup

When I saw Douglas name on the teamsheet on Saturday I genuinely thought that young blind girl who lead the teams out should go over to MM and ask him if he wanted to borrow her dog!

Douglas on 18:53 - Apr 3 with 1612 viewsLuke40885

Douglas on 18:41 - Apr 3 by textbackup

No one was particularly brilliant, but douglas was far from the worst in my opinion. Pitman? Where was he. Sears? Worked his arse off no doubt but didnt do a lot to be honest and didnt see much of the ball from memory

Iᴘsᴡɪᴄʜ Tᴏᴡɴ Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Cʟᴜʙ
Poll: Will you be renewing?

Douglas on 18:56 - Apr 3 with 1602 viewsMullet

Douglas on 18:37 - Apr 3 by Ely_Blue

I mentioned at the time no one tracked the runner. To blame Douglas alone is symptomatic of the whole issue though.

That was the type of goal everyone is culpable for. Also I'd blame the lino as much as I did for the one he chalked off by guessing in the first half.

If Douglas was at fault, so was the rest of the midfield/defence between Bart. It was a sloppy and poor goal to concede as a team.

Douglas on 18:59 - Apr 3 with 1589 viewsPJH

Douglas on 18:56 - Apr 3 by Mullet

I mentioned at the time no one tracked the runner. To blame Douglas alone is symptomatic of the whole issue though.

That was the type of goal everyone is culpable for. Also I'd blame the lino as much as I did for the one he chalked off by guessing in the first half.

If Douglas was at fault, so was the rest of the midfield/defence between Bart. It was a sloppy and poor goal to concede as a team.

As I said a few minutes ago,it was Skuse's fault for getting injured.

My mate was in Churchman's and he reckoned that not all of the ball was over the line before Ward cut it back to Sears for the disallowed goal so as you say,the lino probably guessed(wrongly).
Douglas on 19:01 - Apr 3 with 1570 viewsMullet

Douglas on 18:59 - Apr 3 by PJH

As I said a few minutes ago,it was Skuse's fault for getting injured.

My mate was in Churchman's and he reckoned that not all of the ball was over the line before Ward cut it back to Sears for the disallowed goal so as you say,the lino probably guessed(wrongly).

I was convinced (likewise from the Churchmans) it wasn't completely over as his standing foot went out but nothing else.

From the distance, angle and the crowded box/posts between his line of sight and the ball it's impossible he knew for sure I'd say. Frustrating, but one of many things similar this season.

Douglas on 19:06 - Apr 3 with 1543 viewsPJH

Douglas on 19:01 - Apr 3 by Mullet

I was convinced (likewise from the Churchmans) it wasn't completely over as his standing foot went out but nothing else.

From the distance, angle and the crowded box/posts between his line of sight and the ball it's impossible he knew for sure I'd say. Frustrating, but one of many things similar this season.

Of the borderline decisions that have gone against us so far this season (hopefully no more) I will never be convinced that Murphy's header at Wolves was correctly disallowed.
The Douglas goal against Naarwich although shown to be wrongly disallowed just did not look right to me at the time.
Douglas on 19:09 - Apr 3 with 1532 viewsMullet

Douglas on 19:06 - Apr 3 by PJH

Of the borderline decisions that have gone against us so far this season (hopefully no more) I will never be convinced that Murphy's header at Wolves was correctly disallowed.
The Douglas goal against Naarwich although shown to be wrongly disallowed just did not look right to me at the time.

Also those two being back to back so early on coloured the season a lot for me. Win both of those games and the mentality and comfort zone increases massively.

Food for thought perhaps.

Douglas on 08:24 - Apr 4 with 1312 viewsEly_Blue

Douglas on 18:56 - Apr 3 by Mullet

http://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-vs-birmham/358572

Just take a look at Douglas right from when the midfielder who set up the goal picks the ball up half way inside our half, he is just standing pedestrian watching him run through us, by the time he realises it is a threat to our goal he is way behind the play and makes a very late last ditch attempt to block the initial shot that Bart saved

Douglas on 10:58 - Apr 4 with 1230 viewsRadlett_blue

Douglas on 19:06 - Apr 3 by PJH

Exactly. The Douglas "goal" against Norwich looked offside in real time, especially as he seemed to put it into the net rather half heartedly & didn't immediately celebrate. One of those hairsbreadth calls that was actually marginally on side. Hard to blame the officials for getting that wrong.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024