Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive game at Burton in many respects 17:07 - Apr 8 with 1367 viewsMullet

Defeat again puts them a point off us, a win means we head to slightly more respectable and familiar territory.

The gap is 9 pts between us and the bottom 3 who look likely to remain in that order. But Brum 46
Forest and Burton 45
Brizzle 44

Means it's all about saving as much face as possible really. Would it be better to finish 4th from bottom and play just the kids and those signed on for next season? Not sure it'd be that much more enjoyable would it?

The changes need to be positive once this season finishes though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 17:14 - Apr 8 with 1308 viewschristiand

Burton will roll us over up there. They sounded unlucky against Villa, who themselves are on a good run of form, but they'll be more up for it and beat us 2-1.

Doesn't matter about Burton, Bristol City, Forest and Birmingham. Wigan and Rotherham are down, it comes down to Blackburn and their results. If we finish 4th from bottom, it's about what the club deserve. We're just fortunate we have 3 teams worse than us. I think next season we won't be as lucky. Agree positive changes are needed Mullet, in many areas of the club!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 17:35 - Apr 8 with 1224 viewsbrogansnose

It seemed that after 'Difficult February', and coming through that well , we dropped a gear. Certainly against Wolves and Barnsley we looked to have a lot less impetus and drive. I don't think that the whole is he or isn't he going thing coupled with the mixed message stuff from the club is helping the playing staff or the fanbase come to that. Stuff needs deciding sooner rather than later.

Personally I'd like to see some of the young guns get some first team time twenty minutes here and there.
Massive game at Burton in many respects on 17:45 - Apr 8 with 1190 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't see what is to be gained from finishing slightly higher. Personally I hope we finish as low as possible while being safe. We need to highlight the issues and for Evans to understand that if he sells 1-2 of our better players he'll be the owner of a league one club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:06 - Apr 8 with 1082 viewsFixed_It

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 17:45 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

I don't see what is to be gained from finishing slightly higher. Personally I hope we finish as low as possible while being safe. We need to highlight the issues and for Evans to understand that if he sells 1-2 of our better players he'll be the owner of a league one club.

I always want us to win - but you make a good point. As a Club we need something to change - and a midtable finish might just be seen by Evans as something that can be improved with just a bit of tweaking. I think we all realise that we need a bit more than that. Things are stale and need freshening up.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:23 - Apr 8 with 1013 viewsPinewoodblue

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 17:14 - Apr 8 by christiand

Burton will roll us over up there. They sounded unlucky against Villa, who themselves are on a good run of form, but they'll be more up for it and beat us 2-1.

Doesn't matter about Burton, Bristol City, Forest and Birmingham. Wigan and Rotherham are down, it comes down to Blackburn and their results. If we finish 4th from bottom, it's about what the club deserve. We're just fortunate we have 3 teams worse than us. I think next season we won't be as lucky. Agree positive changes are needed Mullet, in many areas of the club!

Can't see Blackburn winning three games out of five, without us even picking up a point. Nor can the bookies you can get 150-1 on Town being relegated.

Next five games are about Mick deciding what he wants to do, and hoping Evans will back him. That is if it hasn't already been decided.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:28 - Apr 8 with 987 viewsParisBlue

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:23 - Apr 8 by Pinewoodblue

Can't see Blackburn winning three games out of five, without us even picking up a point. Nor can the bookies you can get 150-1 on Town being relegated.

Next five games are about Mick deciding what he wants to do, and hoping Evans will back him. That is if it hasn't already been decided.

Blackburn's next 2 games are against Forest and Bristol City. If we can beat Burton we'll be just about safe.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:37 - Apr 8 with 943 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Think we get a "reward" for where we finish, but the difference between places has got a lot less of late.
Blackburns results are all that matter. They need 3 wins and a draw out of their last 5 games, which given their form seems highly improbable.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:42 - Apr 8 with 916 viewsMullet

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 17:35 - Apr 8 by brogansnose

It seemed that after 'Difficult February', and coming through that well , we dropped a gear. Certainly against Wolves and Barnsley we looked to have a lot less impetus and drive. I don't think that the whole is he or isn't he going thing coupled with the mixed message stuff from the club is helping the playing staff or the fanbase come to that. Stuff needs deciding sooner rather than later.

Personally I'd like to see some of the young guns get some first team time twenty minutes here and there.

I think Nydam is on for a debut at Forest right?

My main problem is not Mick going, but announcing it could open the floodgates. We could do with him going and the new man coming in after this weekend if it's happening.

I don't see that coming to fruition though.

Login to get fewer ads

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:43 - Apr 8 with 900 viewsMullet

I don't think it'll mean much to ME other than he'll have to put more money in and we'll be far less attractive than we are already to many.

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:54 - Apr 8 with 853 viewsRadlett_blue

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 18:37 - Apr 8 by BrettenhamBlue

Think we get a "reward" for where we finish, but the difference between places has got a lot less of late.
Blackburns results are all that matter. They need 3 wins and a draw out of their last 5 games, which given their form seems highly improbable.

Exactly. Blackburn have lost 3 in a row. I'd also be hopeful we can beat doomed Rotherham, but we may already have enough point to stay up.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 19:27 - Apr 8 with 752 viewsSmithy

As much as we don't do back to back wins we don't do back to back defeats either so 0-0 draw on the cards for me

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 19:31 - Apr 8 with 733 viewsbournemouthblue

surely it depends how good those kids are?

We have a batch coming through now who may just surprise one or two people

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Massive game at Burton in many respects on 19:34 - Apr 8 with 712 viewsTractorWood

It's a nothing game, like today was.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024