Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be excited for Benyu... 01:19 - Apr 9 with 3178 viewswkj

He seems to really be setting Aldershot onfire with his loan. I want to get excited, but I can't help but remind myself of Jack Marriott who were exciting us with his loan form, yet shown the door by Mick.

Do you think he is going to be given a chance here, or think he is just being given game time to stop potential unrest with the player before he is shown the door.

Seems as I mentioned him, Mariott had scored seven from 40 games including cup ties this year so has not be prolific this term by any means.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 03:19 - Apr 9 with 3112 viewsbournemouthblue

someone on here reckoned he was a better athlete tham Skuse or Dougie

Given Lincoln bullied us, is he capable of stepping up?

I wonder if MM would rather he helped Aldershot to the playoffs rather than playing a few nothing games for Town?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 09:27 - Apr 9 with 2883 viewsstrikalite

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 03:19 - Apr 9 by bournemouthblue

someone on here reckoned he was a better athlete tham Skuse or Dougie

Given Lincoln bullied us, is he capable of stepping up?

I wonder if MM would rather he helped Aldershot to the playoffs rather than playing a few nothing games for Town?

It's not difficult being better athletes than our very own Shaggy & Scooby-doo!

Yeah giving him real game time in a confident side positively trying to achieve something this season has to be better then zero minutes with a beaten group waiting for the season to end..

Just hope MM is gone when he returns.
Should we be excited for Benyu... on 09:38 - Apr 9 with 2841 viewsHerbivore

He's always had ability and was around the first team squad at a very young age. Questions have been about his attitude but he seems to have got that sorted and is clearly doing very well at Aldershot. Fingers crossed he can kick on next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 10:46 - Apr 9 with 2729 viewsSomethingBlue

A Torquay friend of mine went yesterday and has just messaged me, unprompted, to say he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 10:48 - Apr 9 with 2715 viewshoofer

If he is any good I am sure McCarthy will knock that out of him.
Should we be excited for Benyu... on 10:55 - Apr 9 with 2716 viewsPhilTWTD

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 10:46 - Apr 9 by SomethingBlue

A Torquay friend of mine went yesterday and has just messaged me, unprompted, to say he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

I met some Aldershot fans on the train a few weeks back and they made similar comments, as did the journalist I was sitting next to at Fulham who has watched the Shots a few times this season.
Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 2671 viewswkj

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 10:55 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

I met some Aldershot fans on the train a few weeks back and they made similar comments, as did the journalist I was sitting next to at Fulham who has watched the Shots a few times this season.

Was he involved with our preseason this year? Aldershot are mid table national league, so, maybe he went a bit too far down the leagues if there is as big a gap in quality. I am still worried his loan out was more to do with the fact MM doesn't have plans for him rather than development sadly, maybe reflected in the fact he is too far down the leagues.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:05 - Apr 9 with 2664 viewsSomethingBlue

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:02 - Apr 9 by wkj

Was he involved with our preseason this year? Aldershot are mid table national league, so, maybe he went a bit too far down the leagues if there is as big a gap in quality. I am still worried his loan out was more to do with the fact MM doesn't have plans for him rather than development sadly, maybe reflected in the fact he is too far down the leagues.

I conclude exactly the opposite. Aldershot are going hard for the play-offs, and Mick is offering him a new contract. Think it's absolutely clear we have plans for him — attitude permitting, I suppose.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:09 - Apr 9 with 2632 viewsJakeITFC

I was very impressed with him the first few times are saw him for the stiffs, clearly got a lot of class and covered the grass nicely.

I've only seen him play once for Aldershot (on tv over Christmas) and he played nicely, although the game was all played in front on him. Seems like he's really kicked on though this year which is fantastic - as others have said there were attitude questions (but none that were unrepairable from what I've heard) but the ability was never in question. This type of loan will hopefully have been the making of him.
Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:14 - Apr 9 with 2609 viewsPhilTWTD

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:05 - Apr 9 by SomethingBlue

I conclude exactly the opposite. Aldershot are going hard for the play-offs, and Mick is offering him a new contract. Think it's absolutely clear we have plans for him — attitude permitting, I suppose.

Indeed, think he would be recalled in the next couple of weeks but for Aldershot's play-off challenge. Mick has said he sees that as being of more worth to KB, which is difficult to argue with. Hope he helps Aldershot back up.

Re the point re the level of his loan, think he would have gone to a club higher up had there been interest within the transfer windows but the National League is as high as players can be sent out outside windows.

He does seem to have knuckled down after last year's issues. Came back for pre-season, apologised to MM , got his head down and appears to have won back his trust over the season.
Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:59 - Apr 9 with 2507 viewsJ2BLUE

They're chasing the play offs. I'm a bit worried that if they go up we won't be able to compete with them financially...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 12:48 - Apr 9 with 2424 viewsPinewoodblue

Alder shot of two big gsmes over Easter, away to Tranmere then home to Dover who are level on points with a gsme in hand. Alder shot correctly hold the last play off place.

If things don't work out for Aldershot hopefully Mick will play him in our last three games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 13:13 - Apr 9 with 2387 viewsSurreyITFC

I went to watch him play for Aldershot a few weeks ago against Sutton and he was always wanting the ball despite some hefty Sutton challenges on him early in the game. He looks very confident on the ball and has an eye for goal. Whilst I appreciate the level he is playing at is 3 leagues lower than the championship this experience will help him develop further and I hope he can then push on once he returns.

Come on You Blues!
Poll: Who do you want in goal next week?

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:39 - Apr 9 with 2210 viewsSpuddy

If mick is willing to sign players from those leagues then he has every right to be playing first team football

Poll: Predictions for next season

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:41 - Apr 9 with 2203 viewsBackToRussia

Did Marriott get a chance?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:44 - Apr 9 with 2191 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 11:59 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

They're chasing the play offs. I'm a bit worried that if they go up we won't be able to compete with them financially...

Ha
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 17:45]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:46 - Apr 9 with 2180 viewsMullet

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:41 - Apr 9 by BackToRussia

Did Marriott get a chance?

I remember seeing Marriott at Burnley, think he got most of a half off the bench. It was the game where Mick was blooding next season's youngsters like Mings IIRC.

After that I don't remember seeing him again. He looked to take a couple of chances well but I think he went on loan and never looked back. Suffice to say I don't think he's looked likely to trouble us again for the time being has he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:49 - Apr 9 with 2163 viewsSpuddy

If mick is willing to sign players from those leagues he has every right to be playing first team football

Poll: Predictions for next season

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 19:56 - Apr 9 with 2042 viewsbournemouthblue

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 17:46 - Apr 9 by Mullet

I remember seeing Marriott at Burnley, think he got most of a half off the bench. It was the game where Mick was blooding next season's youngsters like Mings IIRC.

After that I don't remember seeing him again. He looked to take a couple of chances well but I think he went on loan and never looked back. Suffice to say I don't think he's looked likely to trouble us again for the time being has he?

My Cousin is a Woking fan and said before Xmas he was excellent, after Christmas he seemed to come back as if he'd been on the pies and it went downhill from there

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 20:00 - Apr 9 with 2023 viewscatch74

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 12:48 - Apr 9 by Pinewoodblue

Alder shot of two big gsmes over Easter, away to Tranmere then home to Dover who are level on points with a gsme in hand. Alder shot correctly hold the last play off place.

If things don't work out for Aldershot hopefully Mick will play him in our last three games.

If all these bloody customers in my pub stopped getting in the way I'd be able to go and have a look at him, only a few miles away.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Should we be excited for Benyu... on 02:26 - Apr 10 with 1844 viewsharlingblue

Benyu is a classy young midfield player with a deadly freekick. Dozzel is a classy midfielder, and the two could (need to bulk up a bit) be great for Town. But they would need a back four that are comfortable on the ball, to bring them into play to create, a hard tackling midfielder to win the ball, and a hold up/ scoring centre forward and wingers to complement their play. At the moment we have a top class keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024