Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London away days... 08:02 - Apr 10 with 6918 viewsitfcjoe

....seem to be bringing out the worst in ITFC fans this year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

London away days... on 08:17 - Apr 10 with 3103 viewsSteve_M

Waits for usual suspects to say "are you blaming the fans for that?"

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

London away days... on 08:21 - Apr 10 with 3081 viewsMullet

London away days... on 08:17 - Apr 10 by Steve_M

Waits for usual suspects to say "are you blaming the fans for that?"

Well you and Harry were in attendance......

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

London away days... on 08:23 - Apr 10 with 3082 viewsDubtractor

As I mentioned on another thread, we were lucky to have two separate sets of bellends behind us each half.

Such angry men.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

London away days... on 08:25 - Apr 10 with 3062 viewsbluewein

London away days... on 08:23 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

As I mentioned on another thread, we were lucky to have two separate sets of bellends behind us each half.

Such angry men.

Sunshine and beer, innit?

Terrible combination for some poor souls.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

London away days... on 08:29 - Apr 10 with 3041 viewsReuser_is_God

Or it was a culmination of a large, p1ssed off & p1ssed up away following?

I dunno, I wasn't there but I doubt it was as bad as some are making out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

London away days... on 08:30 - Apr 10 with 3006 viewsSteve_M

London away days... on 08:29 - Apr 10 by Reuser_is_God

Morning Benters.

London away days... on 08:31 - Apr 10 with 2999 viewsEastTownBlue

I didn't go on Saturday but if Brentford and QPR were anything to go by ...
London away days... on 08:33 - Apr 10 with 2971 viewsitfcjoe

I'm sure it wasn't, but every London away game has had issues within the fans that I can remember (QPR, Brentford and Fulham now). the only other game where there were issues was Bristol City.

It doesn't help that we've lost all those games, but there are so many divides at the club now and everything is so polarised it is all a bit dull.

Not standing and giving abuse all game - you are a happy clapper and more to blame for letting the club die and love Mick.

Having a few beers and being a bit rowdy - you are a football hooligan and Danny Dyer wannabe.

95% of fans don't fall into either category - but like the Mick In v Mick Out debate has been all year, there is no room for nuance or balance. It's tiring.

Login to get fewer ads

London away days... on 08:33 - Apr 10 with 2954 viewsmaccyd9

Mountain out of a molehill again mate.
London away days... on 08:35 - Apr 10 with 2929 viewsReuser_is_God

London away days... on 08:33 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

I'm sure it wasn't, but every London away game has had issues within the fans that I can remember (QPR, Brentford and Fulham now). the only other game where there were issues was Bristol City.

It doesn't help that we've lost all those games, but there are so many divides at the club now and everything is so polarised it is all a bit dull.

Not standing and giving abuse all game - you are a happy clapper and more to blame for letting the club die and love Mick.

Having a few beers and being a bit rowdy - you are a football hooligan and Danny Dyer wannabe.

95% of fans don't fall into either category - but like the Mick In v Mick Out debate has been all year, there is no room for nuance or balance. It's tiring.

Agreed.

What happened at Brentford?

Evans out

London away days... on 08:37 - Apr 10 with 2919 viewsMullet

London away days... on 08:33 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

Bristol it was barely six blokes having a go at a kid who dared to point out they were being a bit odd in berating and booing players.

London is a "big day out" for a lot who probably don't travel much. Seems to happen during important games too so I'm sure that's a factor. Newcastle was full of daytrippers you never see at Northern games either. Big city draw for the weekend innit.

Mix that with a poor season, entitlement and beer and you're always going to get it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

London away days... on 08:37 - Apr 10 with 2917 viewsitfcjoe

London away days... on 08:35 - Apr 10 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed.

What happened at Brentford?

Fans moving around because of behaviours, someone attacking a disabled fans, others calling Mick a c*nt as he got on the bus, kicking off because no beer being served - probably more but that is just off top of my head.

Big tensions between fans even in August after we'd played 1 game, won and scored 4 goals

London away days... on 08:39 - Apr 10 with 2878 viewsReuser_is_God

London away days... on 08:37 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

Fans moving around because of behaviours, someone attacking a disabled fans, others calling Mick a c*nt as he got on the bus, kicking off because no beer being served - probably more but that is just off top of my head.

Big tensions between fans even in August after we'd played 1 game, won and scored 4 goals

If that Brentford stuff is true then it's inexcusable.

But tensions were always going to be high on Saturday given the season. You'll also get a lot of the 'only doing aways' lot their who wanted to vent their frustrations, understandably.

Evans out

London away days... on 08:43 - Apr 10 with 2846 viewsReuser_is_God

London away days... on 08:37 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Bristol it was barely six blokes having a go at a kid who dared to point out they were being a bit odd in berating and booing players.

London is a "big day out" for a lot who probably don't travel much. Seems to happen during important games too so I'm sure that's a factor. Newcastle was full of daytrippers you never see at Northern games either. Big city draw for the weekend innit.

Mix that with a poor season, entitlement and beer and you're always going to get it.

Sorry but please accept my apologies for not wanting a night out in Blackburn, Wigan, Preston et al

Evans out

London away days... on 08:43 - Apr 10 with 2844 viewsTractorWood

Our regular following is about as placid as they come. London games bring out young people, their mates and peripheral fans who want a day on the beers. A decent number on my train in the morning weren't town fans but were going to the game.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 8:43]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

London away days... on 08:43 - Apr 10 with 2846 viewsJimmy86

It even stems back to last season. There were several occasions at home games in section 6, where things started to turn sour. It's been a long time coming and we have generally been known to be a patient bunch, it's now all coming to a head unfortunately.

Interesting summer ahead for Mick, Evans and the whole club
London away days... on 08:44 - Apr 10 with 2823 viewshype313

To be fair, most were starting early doors, it was hot, p1ss poor season coming to a head, mad dogs and Englishmen and all...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

London away days... on 08:48 - Apr 10 with 2796 viewsbluewein

London away days... on 08:39 - Apr 10 by Reuser_is_God

If that Brentford stuff is true then it's inexcusable.

But tensions were always going to be high on Saturday given the season. You'll also get a lot of the 'only doing aways' lot their who wanted to vent their frustrations, understandably.

I can second the Brentford stuff. That was a fookin awful day.

I just found Saturday so pointless. Obviously my main reason to go was a day out for a few beers with mates who I hadn't seen for a while, but it just seems a waste if you can't handle your ale and get angry at... well, nothing really.

The only saving grace for me, as Harry pointed out on Saturday night, is at least we aren't rugby fans. Sharing a train home with a load of Bath fans... sad acts, the lot of them. If the word entitlement ever needed a picture next to it in the dictionary, it would be of a rugby fan.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

London away days... on 08:52 - Apr 10 with 2775 viewstextbackup

When the team and club look in such a mess, chuck in beer and day out with mates, frustrations will be vented. People seem to think we are the only club that would act in this way. I'm amazed it's taken this long

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

London away days... on 08:58 - Apr 10 with 2734 viewsm14_blue

London away days... on 08:43 - Apr 10 by TractorWood

Our regular following is about as placid as they come. London games bring out young people, their mates and peripheral fans who want a day on the beers. A decent number on my train in the morning weren't town fans but were going to the game.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 8:43]

Exactly, I think we are normally so well behaved that any minor incident is built out of all proportion, which is probably a good thing.

People often laud the large, boisterous away supports at PR (Leeds/Sheff Wed/Newcastle etc) but these clubs will have more idiots and problems than any town following.
London away days... on 09:04 - Apr 10 with 2704 viewsSteve_M

London away days... on 08:48 - Apr 10 by bluewein

I can second the Brentford stuff. That was a fookin awful day.

I just found Saturday so pointless. Obviously my main reason to go was a day out for a few beers with mates who I hadn't seen for a while, but it just seems a waste if you can't handle your ale and get angry at... well, nothing really.

The only saving grace for me, as Harry pointed out on Saturday night, is at least we aren't rugby fans. Sharing a train home with a load of Bath fans... sad acts, the lot of them. If the word entitlement ever needed a picture next to it in the dictionary, it would be of a rugby fan.

I understand the frustrations but thought the vitriol started far too early in a match that was still alive right until Fulham's third goal. And we created chances, not like some matches when we look as though we wouldn't score.

It reminded me of the reaction to Magilton as soon as we lost a couple of games after the ME takeover. Unnecessarily unpleasant and very entitled.

I will also state here, for the avoidance of any doubt, that criticism is absolutely fine and normal and in many cases is deserved. It can be done with a little more class and a little more awareness of the state of the match though.

London away days... on 09:05 - Apr 10 with 2680 viewstextbackup

London away days... on 08:37 - Apr 10 by Mullet

What about villa away? Didn't someone get a b0llocking there?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

London away days... on 09:06 - Apr 10 with 2674 viewsDubtractor

London away days... on 09:04 - Apr 10 by Steve_M

I understand the frustrations but thought the vitriol started far too early in a match that was still alive right until Fulham's third goal. And we created chances, not like some matches when we look as though we wouldn't score.

It reminded me of the reaction to Magilton as soon as we lost a couple of games after the ME takeover. Unnecessarily unpleasant and very entitled.

I will also state here, for the avoidance of any doubt, that criticism is absolutely fine and normal and in many cases is deserved. It can be done with a little more class and a little more awareness of the state of the match though.

"I will also state here, for the avoidance of any doubt, that criticism is absolutely fine and normal and in many cases is deserved. It can be done with a little more class and a little more awareness of the state of the match though."

Nailed it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

London away days... on 09:11 - Apr 10 with 2632 viewsitfcjoe

London away days... on 08:43 - Apr 10 by Jimmy86

It even stems back to last season. There were several occasions at home games in section 6, where things started to turn sour. It's been a long time coming and we have generally been known to be a patient bunch, it's now all coming to a head unfortunately.

Interesting summer ahead for Mick, Evans and the whole club

A lot of the blame has to go back to Evans for his (lack of) stewardship of the club over last few months.

It should never have been allowed to get to the position where a significant proportion of the fanbase actively hate the manager, and the manager spends too much energy having digs back at the fans in press conferences.

Mick is the lightning rod for any criticism at the club and takes too much of the sh*t that is rightly given by the supporters.

Evans needs to show some leadership, it's been sadly lacking and now Mick is struggling and his time is up it is causing big divides throughout the club and fan base.

London away days... on 09:16 - Apr 10 with 2610 viewsmaccyd9

London away days... on 09:04 - Apr 10 by Steve_M

Steve, the match like many this season and the majority in the seasons before this one was a total non event.

Fulham cruised the first half and had another couple of gears if needed. It's easy to say we created chances etc but against a Fulham side that play in that style that was to be expected.

It's the inevitability of it all. Nobody went in to the game thinking we would win, we were rolled over in the first half and a few chances created in the 2nd half doesn't really cut it.

Anyhow, the negativity didn't start until well after the hour mark and was very much broken up by pro Ipswich songs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024