Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane and MM 22:21 - Apr 10 with 5204 viewsHipsterectomy

I was living in America at the time Keane was sacked but I seem to remember in his last game he got aggressive and had a massive rant at supporters at PR? If that is the case, and likely contributed to his sacking, how can MM get away with threatening fans (he said something about fans wearing a drink if they criticised him to his face), saying he will go against fans etc.

He has clearly lost the fans, done worse than Keane ink terms of this season and attacks fans yet we still can't get rid of the tw@

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Keane and MM on 22:24 - Apr 10 with 3432 viewsGuthrum

He's only actually had a go at the fans who are getting on the backs of players (notably Douglas).

Regarding general booing, he's repeatedly said he understands that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keane and MM on 23:03 - Apr 10 with 3288 viewspatrickswell

Keane didn't rant at any fans. He did a "Shhh" guesture to some fans who were having a go at him as he left the field at the end of his last match in charge.

For all his faults, he never blamed the fans for his failure here. He knew at the time and in retrospect, that there was very little to cheer.
Keane and MM on 01:25 - Apr 11 with 3178 viewsTheBlueBarca

Keane lost his job because Delaney decided to score for Nottingham Forest instead and put us out of our misery. I know, I was there and I thanked Delaney every day since.

Keane didn't really have much of a go, just had a couple of exchanges as he left the pitch.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Keane and MM on 08:05 - Apr 11 with 3026 viewsBluefish

Done worse than Keane?? WTF?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Keane and MM on 08:40 - Apr 11 with 2969 viewsGarv

Keane and MM on 22:24 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

He's only actually had a go at the fans who are getting on the backs of players (notably Douglas).

I don't think he gets it in regards to Douglas, it's not the player that

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane and MM on 08:44 - Apr 11 with 2961 viewsGarv

Keane and MM on 22:24 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

I don't think he gets it in regards to Douglas, it's not the player the fans are booing, it's Mick. His decision to play him, play him in certain combinations i.e with Skuse, refusal to admit he could do better (this applies to a few players).

It's aimed at the manager.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane and MM on 08:48 - Apr 11 with 2944 viewsReuser_is_God

Keane and MM on 08:05 - Apr 11 by Bluefish

Anyone saying that Mick has done worse than Keane is a bigger div than you buh

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Keane and MM on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 2893 viewsGuthrum

Keane and MM on 08:44 - Apr 11 by Garv

I don't think he gets it in regards to Douglas, it's not the player the fans are booing, it's Mick. His decision to play him, play him in certain combinations i.e with Skuse, refusal to admit he could do better (this applies to a few players).

It's aimed at the manager.

So you're booing the fact of Douglas rather than the man himself? How is he not still going to take that personally?

Where is the line between "You're sh1t" and "The manager's sh1t because he uses a player as cr@p as you"?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Keane and MM on 09:30 - Apr 11 with 2870 viewsKeaneish

I think he meant his relationship with the fans is worse than Keane and this season alone will be worse than anything Keane did, not the whole of his management tenure.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Keane and MM on 09:31 - Apr 11 with 2855 viewsbraveblue

Keane and MM on 23:03 - Apr 10 by patrickswell

Keane didn't rant at any fans. He did a "Shhh" guesture to some fans who were having a go at him as he left the field at the end of his last match in charge.

For all his faults, he never blamed the fans for his failure here. He knew at the time and in retrospect, that there was very little to cheer.

He had a shouting match with fans in front of me.
Keane and MM on 10:07 - Apr 11 with 2807 viewsCoco

The breaking of keane's sacking still the most exciting thing to happen at pr in the last decade.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Keane and MM on 10:27 - Apr 11 with 2772 viewsNo9

Keane and MM on 10:07 - Apr 11 by Coco

The breaking of keane's sacking still the most exciting thing to happen at pr in the last decade.

That's a fact
Keane and MM on 11:38 - Apr 11 with 2710 viewsClausThomsen

Think how badly Jewell was doing and how long he was given before he was sacked, Cheick Kourouma went down as a genius for revealing that one. Keane as well, allowed to completely lose his marbles while on the throne.

I must admit, every time I come to this website all I want to read is the story of Mick's dismissal. I've been checking daily since Lincoln - it's gonna be a huge relief.

I've learnt not to hold my breath though. He'll probably get sacked after the transfer window shuts in September.
Keane and MM on 11:40 - Apr 11 with 2699 viewsClausThomsen

In terms of this season was the context if you'd read beyond your reactions.

And it's unarguable - MM's record in the last 18 months is worse than both Keane and Jewell's.
Keane and MM on 11:41 - Apr 11 with 2698 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 08:48 - Apr 11 by Reuser_is_God

Anyone saying that Mick has done worse than Keane is a bigger div than you buh

No-one seems to be saying that.
Keane and MM on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 2686 viewsitfcjoe

Keane and MM on 10:07 - Apr 11 by Coco

I was on my way to the SCG to watch England lift the Ashes urn for the first time in 30 years, although I still think Keane was stitched up a bit by Evans in 2nd season. The rug was oulled from underneath him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keane and MM on 11:46 - Apr 11 with 2676 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 09:25 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

So you're booing the fact of Douglas rather than the man himself? How is he not still going to take that personally?

Where is the line between "You're sh1t" and "The manager's sh1t because he uses a player as cr@p as you"?

The boos are aimed at the manager, Douglas doesn't pick himself. He was a good player a couple of seasons ago but he's clearly past it.

Mick knew when to fold Tabb, but he keeps going all in with pocket Douglas' - it's complete madness.
Keane and MM on 11:47 - Apr 11 with 2675 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 11:43 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

I was on my way to the SCG to watch England lift the Ashes urn for the first time in 30 years, although I still think Keane was stitched up a bit by Evans in 2nd season. The rug was oulled from underneath him.

I've seen a Keane interview since and he admits that his failure was down to poor recruitment, after which ME tightened the strings.
Keane and MM on 11:51 - Apr 11 with 2653 viewspatrickswell

Keane and MM on 11:40 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

In terms of this season was the context if you'd read beyond your reactions.

And it's unarguable - MM's record in the last 18 months is worse than both Keane and Jewell's.

Hmm... I must have missed Mick's run of 6 or 7 (take your choice) consecutive defeats in the last 18 months. He nearly did a Keane in terms of waiting for a win after the Villa victory, but spoiled it by beating Wigan before the count reached double figures.

It's been poor, I don't disagree with that, but at no point have I, or anyone sane thought, "Do you know something, I think Roy Keane or Paul Jewell would be doing a much better job with these players".
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 11:54]
Keane and MM on 12:03 - Apr 11 with 2618 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 11:51 - Apr 11 by patrickswell

Hmm... I must have missed Mick's run of 6 or 7 (take your choice) consecutive defeats in the last 18 months. He nearly did a Keane in terms of waiting for a win after the Villa victory, but spoiled it by beating Wigan before the count reached double figures.

It's been poor, I don't disagree with that, but at no point have I, or anyone sane thought, "Do you know something, I think Roy Keane or Paul Jewell would be doing a much better job with these players".
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 11:54]

Nobody's thinking that.

MM's overall record is obviously better than Keane/Jewell's, but for the last 18 months MM's record has been worse.

The trajectory we're on with Mick is clear as day.
Keane and MM on 12:35 - Apr 11 with 2580 viewsitfcjoe

Keane and MM on 12:03 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

Nobody's thinking that.

MM's overall record is obviously better than Keane/Jewell's, but for the last 18 months MM's record has been worse.

The trajectory we're on with Mick is clear as day.

I just don't see that his record has been worse? Have you got any stats to back that up

Keane and MM on 12:45 - Apr 11 with 2546 viewsBlueBadger

Keane and MM on 11:43 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

The main thing that undid Roy Keane was Roy Keane.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keane and MM on 12:51 - Apr 11 with 2528 viewsClausThomsen

Keane and MM on 12:35 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

I just don't see that his record has been worse? Have you got any stats to back that up

There was a thread on here the other day, a poster has tallied MM's win %age and points haul for the last 18 months and it's worse than Jewell/Keane's overall records.

Then people were arguing that it's unfair to isolate that 18 months etc.
Keane and MM on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 2501 viewsitfcjoe

Keane and MM on 12:51 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

There was a thread on here the other day, a poster has tallied MM's win %age and points haul for the last 18 months and it's worse than Jewell/Keane's overall records.

Then people were arguing that it's unfair to isolate that 18 months etc.

Roy Keane was our manager for 72 league games - 90 points - 1.25ppg
Paul Jewell was our manager for 80 league games - 102 points - 1.28ppg

Mick since start of last season 87 league games - 118 points - 1.36ppg

EDIT - in last 18 months from 11th October 2015
Mick - 77 league games - 103 points - 1.34ppg

[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 13:02]

Keane and MM on 13:12 - Apr 11 with 2463 viewsPJH

Keane and MM on 12:58 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

Roy Keane was our manager for 72 league games - 90 points - 1.25ppg
Paul Jewell was our manager for 80 league games - 102 points - 1.28ppg

Mick since start of last season 87 league games - 118 points - 1.36ppg

EDIT - in last 18 months from 11th October 2015
Mick - 77 league games - 103 points - 1.34ppg

[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 13:02]

But apart from that.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024