Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F*cker-gate 08:09 - Apr 18 with 3818 viewsitfcjoe

Nothing in it really, and I'm not offended - but it's clear that Mick not happy here and is off.

Can understand why he is hurt by the fans reactions to him after doing a good job on the whole under seemingly difficult circumstances.

Last few games he has just sloped off the pitch without acknowledging the fans - it's all quite obvious really.

He'll be gone soon, and we will then see how trying the circumstances are here for the manager.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

F*cker-gate on 08:12 - Apr 18 with 2249 viewsClausThomsen

It's just unnecessary on his part.

Hopefully this week we'll get rid.
F*cker-gate on 08:13 - Apr 18 with 2237 viewsBackToRussia

Not sure it's all that obvious.... pretty ambiguous and we'll just have to see what happens.

Wouldn't be surprised if he stays on.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

F*cker-gate on 08:20 - Apr 18 with 2209 viewstrncbluearmy

I am amazed that so many on here think his outburst was acceptable on the day Sir Bobby Robson was remembered.
The team put in a decent display,the fans turned up and supported a team and manager many have grown to despise for what they have done to Ipswich Town Football Club.
His timing was all wrong, on another day fair enough but he has deserved the stick and the sooner he goes the better.

I certainly was not offended by Mick,more disappointed that some thought it acceptable on what has been a very rear good day for the club.
He could have built some bridges but choose otherwise
F*cker-gate on 08:20 - Apr 18 with 2205 viewsGuthrum

For me, I think what he's saying now indicates more that McCarthy is going to be here next season. He feels he has a point to prove to the fans and has Evans' moral backing (tho how much finance remains to be seen).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

F*cker-gate on 08:21 - Apr 18 with 2197 viewsSomethingBlue

That's how I see it too — he's more than savvy enough to know how to play to a gallery if he wants to and it looks more as if he wants to leave having made a point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

F*cker-gate on 08:25 - Apr 18 with 2170 viewsReuser_is_God

F*cker-gate on 08:20 - Apr 18 by Guthrum

For me, I think what he's saying now indicates more that McCarthy is going to be here next season. He feels he has a point to prove to the fans and has Evans' moral backing (tho how much finance remains to be seen).

But if he's staying surely he's want to build bridges?

I'm personally not bothered one bit by what he says but he knows a lot of people will be, he's not stupid.

For me he's 100% offski.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

F*cker-gate on 08:30 - Apr 18 with 2134 viewsGuthrum

F*cker-gate on 08:25 - Apr 18 by Reuser_is_God

But if he's staying surely he's want to build bridges?

I'm personally not bothered one bit by what he says but he knows a lot of people will be, he's not stupid.

For me he's 100% offski.

The only way he's going to really build bridges and gain respect is by getting the team to play better football and, more than anything, win matches. I think he knows that, so why bother with the smooth talking (which is only going to be picked to pieces anyway)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

F*cker-gate on 08:34 - Apr 18 with 2089 viewsClausThomsen

F*cker-gate on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Guthrum

The only way he's going to really build bridges and gain respect is by getting the team to play better football and, more than anything, win matches. I think he knows that, so why bother with the smooth talking (which is only going to be picked to pieces anyway)?

He's had all season to do that.

He's failed.
Login to get fewer ads

F*cker-gate on 08:34 - Apr 18 with 2091 viewshype313

I think he will stay, partly because I genuinely don't think Evans thinks he can get any better, and if his mantra is just to stay in this league then Mick is his man, he knows Mick won't kick up a stink about lack of funds so it's a win win.

Also, I don't think he is about to open up the purse strings, so even if Mick was to go it would be a difficult task to persuade someone with calbre to come in.

As much as I haven't enjoyed the past 18 months under Mick, my anger is more about the general stewardship of the club as opposed to the manager.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

F*cker-gate on 08:35 - Apr 18 with 2077 viewsPendejo

F*cker-gate on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Guthrum

I'd say the man's pride means he needs to "achieve something" before he leaves... as a permanent two fingered salute. If that something is promotion I can live with that.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

F*cker-gate on 08:43 - Apr 18 with 2038 viewsSwailsey

I honestly cannot believe how many people are offended by this and have read into it in completely the wrong way.

F***ers was used in the sense of sweepingly referring to a mass group of people and it was done in a self-deprecating way to himself and the team. He also called them s**t.

A poor choice of words perhaps, but people really need to get out more.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

F*cker-gate on 08:46 - Apr 18 with 2028 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I personally think its quote unprofessional IMO, in no other line of work would you refer to your customers as f*ckers and get away with. I would get a warning in my job if I did that.

Mick is who he is though and you do have to take his press conferences with a pinch of salt. Some people love the way he is, some hate him. I for one, even after yesterday will be glad to see the back of him now.

Like you, I am 99% sure that Mick will be gone this summer and have done ever since January where I first started hearing rumours of other managers being approached.

Whether it works out with a new manager we will have to wait & see-clearly from yesterday though, we have a decent enough squad to be able to compete with the best in the division on our day. Amazing how yesterday we played a team most have been calling for and actually showed some attacking intent at home and it paid off. Hopefully any new manager coming in can build on what we have-whether they want to keep Chambers, Berra, Huws etc remains to be seen but signing Chambers & Huws is a must for Mick or any new manager this summer.

Will be interesting to see when Micks departure is announced now, actually half expect something this week if I am honest.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

F*cker-gate on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 2004 viewsSomethingBlue

F*cker-gate on 08:46 - Apr 18 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I personally think its quote unprofessional IMO, in no other line of work would you refer to your customers as f*ckers and get away with. I would get a warning in my job if I did that.

Mick is who he is though and you do have to take his press conferences with a pinch of salt. Some people love the way he is, some hate him. I for one, even after yesterday will be glad to see the back of him now.

Like you, I am 99% sure that Mick will be gone this summer and have done ever since January where I first started hearing rumours of other managers being approached.

Whether it works out with a new manager we will have to wait & see-clearly from yesterday though, we have a decent enough squad to be able to compete with the best in the division on our day. Amazing how yesterday we played a team most have been calling for and actually showed some attacking intent at home and it paid off. Hopefully any new manager coming in can build on what we have-whether they want to keep Chambers, Berra, Huws etc remains to be seen but signing Chambers & Huws is a must for Mick or any new manager this summer.

Will be interesting to see when Micks departure is announced now, actually half expect something this week if I am honest.

It's no worse than saying "lads" or "guys" — especially given that's exactly the context it was uttered in.

Re Mick going — must say I was wondering for a lot of yesterday whether there was a Magilton v Norwich parallel to be made. Time will (quickly) tell.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:49]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

F*cker-gate on 08:53 - Apr 18 with 1979 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

F*cker-gate on 08:48 - Apr 18 by SomethingBlue

It's no worse than saying "lads" or "guys" — especially given that's exactly the context it was uttered in.

Re Mick going — must say I was wondering for a lot of yesterday whether there was a Magilton v Norwich parallel to be made. Time will (quickly) tell.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:49]

Then why not just refer to us as 'fans', 'lads' etc.

Its every press conference/interview he does and its not exactly like its a one off. As others have said-kids listen to him and he is meant to be a role model/example.

Just personally think it shows how uncouth you are if you are unable to have a conversation, a press conference etc without being able to swear.

Anyway, I wont have to put up with him for much longer and I am very grateful for that.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

F*cker-gate on 09:00 - Apr 18 with 1941 viewsPinewoodblue

F*cker-gate on 08:43 - Apr 18 by Swailsey

I honestly cannot believe how many people are offended by this and have read into it in completely the wrong way.

F***ers was used in the sense of sweepingly referring to a mass group of people and it was done in a self-deprecating way to himself and the team. He also called them s**t.

A poor choice of words perhaps, but people really need to get out more.

Don't think there was anything wrong, with the choice of words, when he first used them in the dressing room BUT they should have stayed there are not been repeated to the media.

Poor judgement.

Mick seems scarred by what has happened this season and needs to move on if they are to be healed. He will get a good reception when he brings another Chsmpionship team to Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

F*cker-gate on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 1876 viewsRadlett_blue

F*cker-gate on 09:00 - Apr 18 by Pinewoodblue

Don't think there was anything wrong, with the choice of words, when he first used them in the dressing room BUT they should have stayed there are not been repeated to the media.

Poor judgement.

Mick seems scarred by what has happened this season and needs to move on if they are to be healed. He will get a good reception when he brings another Chsmpionship team to Portman Road.

Mick has done a good job in terms of results for the first 4 seasons &, as he says, owners & fans don't generally pat a manger on the back for playing pretty football & losing.
He admits himself that this has been a poor season. Some of this is surely down to our relative lack of funding - Evans has hauled up the drawbridge while others have opened their chequebooks - but Mick is miffed at the fans turning on him for his first poor season in 5.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

F*cker-gate on 09:17 - Apr 18 with 1864 viewsartsbossbeard

I make you right, he'll be gone soon.

Off of his own fruition rather than the elbow from ME.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

F*cker-gate on 09:19 - Apr 18 with 1842 viewsGeoffSentence

At least he didn't call us something really nasty, like 'zombies'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

F*cker-gate on 09:52 - Apr 18 with 1788 viewsPhilTWTD

I had thought it was inevitable he would go but I'm less convinced now. He has come across as more determined to stay than he was even a couple of weeks ago.

I think if there's going to be a change it would have to be driven by ME, and whether he wants to do that may depend on how significantly season ticket sales drop and how much MM's continued presence is seen as the reason for that.
F*cker-gate on 09:54 - Apr 18 with 1753 viewshype313

F*cker-gate on 09:52 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

I had thought it was inevitable he would go but I'm less convinced now. He has come across as more determined to stay than he was even a couple of weeks ago.

I think if there's going to be a change it would have to be driven by ME, and whether he wants to do that may depend on how significantly season ticket sales drop and how much MM's continued presence is seen as the reason for that.

When are the first lot of ST sales announced Phil?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

F*cker-gate on 09:55 - Apr 18 with 1749 viewsArnieM

F*cker-gate on 09:52 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

Maybe Evans has agreed to actually fund Mick to a meaningful level? MM would have had every right to go to him and say , well this is the best I can do on a shoestring . You want more sucssess you have to give me more to work with.

Thing is if MM's teams played more often liek they did at Burton and on Mon fans woud be right behind him. Its the boring , negative ultra defensive tactics that really piss fans off. Of course they will stop coming to PR.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

F*cker-gate on 09:56 - Apr 18 with 1735 viewsPhilTWTD

F*cker-gate on 09:54 - Apr 18 by hype313

When are the first lot of ST sales announced Phil?

I asked and they said they would know around a week from the deadline.
F*cker-gate on 09:57 - Apr 18 with 1727 viewsblue_oyster

It's a great example of modern outrage at nothing.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

F*cker-gate on 09:59 - Apr 18 with 1721 viewsDeano69

Bit of an odd moment at the end of the game when TC was looking up at the directors section pointing, ian Milne was then responding by pointing up at Marcus Evans. No MM in sight either.

ME seemed rather pleased with himself yesterday

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

F*cker-gate on 09:59 - Apr 18 with 1717 viewschicoazul

There's no way he is leaving unless he is fired. It wont happen. He will be here next season unless he is fired.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024