Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with 17:22 - Apr 20 with 2367 viewsLord_Lucan

food hampers?

I want to buy one for a customer and thought that Fortnum and Mason would be as good as any and nearly plumped for this https://www.fortnumandmason.com/products/the-savoury-hamper?taxon_id=755

But now I have seen something from a local company https://www.artisansmokehouse.co.uk/collections/luxury-hampers/products/the-luxu

I have never bought anything remotely like it so am completely stuck. I like the look at the local one but it isn't in a proper hamper and it obviously isn't F&M

Suggestions??

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 18:24 - Apr 20 with 2300 viewsPinewoodblue

Chckout M&S and also Waitrose.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 18:42 - Apr 20 with 2288 viewsJ2BLUE

Take £100 and get yourself to Suffolk Food Hall and build your own. They have boxes there. Bit of gold tissue paper from Tesco and you're set.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:10 - Apr 20 with 2268 viewsCoastalblue

My Brother In Law gets given this kind of thing semi regularly (Don't ask) and the ones that seem to provoke a reaction seem to be the ones that are sent with local produce and products predominantly. He works literally across the Country so does get a mixture.

I think they maybe feel a little more personal and provoke a little more interest.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:14 - Apr 20 with 2256 viewsconnorscontract

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 18:42 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

Take £100 and get yourself to Suffolk Food Hall and build your own. They have boxes there. Bit of gold tissue paper from Tesco and you're set.

END OF THE WORLD ALERT!!!

THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!!!

J2BLUE gets it right on a food thread!

*FAINTS*
Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:33 - Apr 20 with 2235 viewsMullet

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:14 - Apr 20 by connorscontract

END OF THE WORLD ALERT!!!

THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!!!

J2BLUE gets it right on a food thread!

*FAINTS*

I assumed "Suffolk Food Hall" or whatever is some kind of canteen and he was suggesting a gilded crate of fishfingers and yoghurt pots to be fair.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:34 - Apr 20 with 2228 viewsJ2BLUE

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:33 - Apr 20 by Mullet

I assumed "Suffolk Food Hall" or whatever is some kind of canteen and he was suggesting a gilded crate of fishfingers and yoghurt pots to be fair.

You've never been? You're missing out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:38 - Apr 20 with 2219 viewsbluejake78

I've had F & M hampers before and most of the tat is awful.Go for the local one or create your own.
Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 2207 viewsZondervansTash

Get one from Artisan Smokehouse LL. I know the people who own it and they are lovely. Will also go out of their way to advise you on the products, what will work well etc. Food is also brilliant, won loads of awards and local.
Login to get fewer ads

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 20:27 - Apr 20 with 2150 viewsfactual_blue

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:34 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

You've never been? You're missing out.

He lives in the north. Of course he's missing out. On pretty much everything.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 20:34 - Apr 20 with 2133 viewsReuser_is_God

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 20:27 - Apr 20 by factual_blue

Except cheap housing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 20:40 - Apr 20 with 2124 viewsMullet

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 20:27 - Apr 20 by factual_blue

Great Yarmouth, being denied my hosepipe in the summer, the M25, not having to justify no gravy on my chips, Londoners moving in, having Birmingham look down on me, saveloys.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 20:50 - Apr 20 with 2105 viewsDormansBlue

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:42 - Apr 20 by ZondervansTash

Get one from Artisan Smokehouse LL. I know the people who own it and they are lovely. Will also go out of their way to advise you on the products, what will work well etc. Food is also brilliant, won loads of awards and local.

Bit biased but went to school with the guy who runs Artisan Smokehouse... food is awesome & they are v passionate about their produce. Plus you'd be supporting a local business
Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 22:55 - Apr 20 with 2035 viewsLord_Lucan

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 19:42 - Apr 20 by ZondervansTash

Sorted

Cheers man.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 23:12 - Apr 20 with 2023 viewsZondervansTash

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 22:55 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

Sorted

Cheers man.

Most welcome mate.
Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 23:22 - Apr 20 with 2007 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Fortnums clearly the best.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 7:05]
Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 06:56 - Apr 21 with 1948 viewswkj

This may be a little bit more meat focussed than you are looking for, but thought I would add this to the discussion for those who might be interested.

Spring and Summer time is when I focus more on weight training over cardio training, so yesterday I recieved my £90 meat hamper from MuscleFood.co.uk

For my money I got-

2 x Chicken Breast Fillets - 2.5kg
2 x 2 x 170g Matured Pure Rump Steaks
2 x Giant Free Range Beef Meatballs - 342g
4 x 2 x 170g Free Range Hache Steaks
2 x 2 x 4oz Free Range Rump Steak Burgers
2 x 1 x 400g Premium Chicken Mini Fillets
2 x Lean Free Range Steak Mince - 400g
2 x Extra Lean Free Range Diced Beef - 400g
1 x 454g Meaty Pork Sausages - 1 pack
1 x Cumberland Sausages - 1 pack £0.00
2 x 10 x 35g Low Fat Back Bacon Medallions
2 x Luxury Meat Seasoning — 25g
2 x 2 x 5oz Melt in the Middle Beef Burgers
3 Sticky Barbecue Glazed BBQ Ribs - 450g

just had some bacon and I have to say, it did have the same water and vegetable protien added that supper markets use, the cut of meat was much much thicker and it had a nice taste. I would say the quality is about the same as the "Taste the difference" line of product from the supers.

This was my haul, and I have to say this will save me a hell of a lot of money vs what id spend at the supers. While a local reputable butchery is probably the best option for overall quality, so far I have the feeling this is the best quality for a value option

(Should anyone want to make an order through this company, PM me, as I have a e-code you can use for some free chicken in your order, as well as a bit of a credit for my next order)
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 6:58]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 08:20 - Apr 21 with 1901 viewsDolly2.0

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 06:56 - Apr 21 by wkj

This may be a little bit more meat focussed than you are looking for, but thought I would add this to the discussion for those who might be interested.

Spring and Summer time is when I focus more on weight training over cardio training, so yesterday I recieved my £90 meat hamper from MuscleFood.co.uk

For my money I got-

2 x Chicken Breast Fillets - 2.5kg
2 x 2 x 170g Matured Pure Rump Steaks
2 x Giant Free Range Beef Meatballs - 342g
4 x 2 x 170g Free Range Hache Steaks
2 x 2 x 4oz Free Range Rump Steak Burgers
2 x 1 x 400g Premium Chicken Mini Fillets
2 x Lean Free Range Steak Mince - 400g
2 x Extra Lean Free Range Diced Beef - 400g
1 x 454g Meaty Pork Sausages - 1 pack
1 x Cumberland Sausages - 1 pack £0.00
2 x 10 x 35g Low Fat Back Bacon Medallions
2 x Luxury Meat Seasoning — 25g
2 x 2 x 5oz Melt in the Middle Beef Burgers
3 Sticky Barbecue Glazed BBQ Ribs - 450g

just had some bacon and I have to say, it did have the same water and vegetable protien added that supper markets use, the cut of meat was much much thicker and it had a nice taste. I would say the quality is about the same as the "Taste the difference" line of product from the supers.

This was my haul, and I have to say this will save me a hell of a lot of money vs what id spend at the supers. While a local reputable butchery is probably the best option for overall quality, so far I have the feeling this is the best quality for a value option

(Should anyone want to make an order through this company, PM me, as I have a e-code you can use for some free chicken in your order, as well as a bit of a credit for my next order)
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 6:58]

I'm assuming you have a big freezer?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 08:29 - Apr 21 with 1887 viewswkj

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 08:20 - Apr 21 by Dolly2.0

I'm assuming you have a big freezer?

Nah, big appetite *pats belly*

It fit in a compact 3 drawer freezer but i did empty it out in advance of meat-a-gheddon

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bit of an odd request but anyone got any recommendations or experiences with on 08:30 - Apr 21 with 1883 viewsStokieBlue

Who is it for?

If it's for customers in Asia then get F&M or Harrods.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024