Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm 18:48 - Apr 23 with 6323 viewsElderGrizzly

We'll see how swivel-eyed the French have really gone

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:20 - Apr 23 with 765 viewsGlasgowBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:19 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

He wasn't in Hollande's party for long.

Besides which, if his views are popular in France - he's leading the vote at the moment. Hollande, on the other hand, was so hugely unpopular he daren't stand again.

Precisely.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:24 - Apr 23 with 760 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:20 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Precisely.

Still think he's a naturally occurring Blair-type "revolutionary" - in contrast to the right-wing/chauvinist populist version - rather than a put-up job.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:32 - Apr 23 with 753 viewsClapham_Junction

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:01 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

Fairly sure i watched a news conference with him earlier where he endorsed Macron. As did Fillon.

In the one I saw he was still telling his supporters to wait for the final results and hadn't actually conceded not making it through yet.
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:33 - Apr 23 with 747 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 21:01 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

So was Brexit against the wishes of Rothschild etc, in line with their wishes or irrelevant because we're not going to leave anyway?

Two out of three of those.

Brexit was against the wishes of the Rothschild banking set up but irrelevant anyway because we're not going to leave* because it was against the wishes of the Rothschilds.

*In any meaningful way. See my Brexit era posts for clarification.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:36 - Apr 23 with 735 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:33 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

Brexit was against the wishes of the Rothschild banking set up but irrelevant anyway because we're not going to leave* because it was against the wishes of the Rothschilds.

The Rothschilds no longer have any real financial clout.

Why do you persist with this? Show me some evidence of their actual net worth which gives them the means to do this. They were very powerful, times have changed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:37 - Apr 23 with 730 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pretty swivel eyed then.....looks like France are going to have their own soulless Tony Blair experience, bon chance !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:37 - Apr 23 with 729 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 21:06 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

Cil is essentially the Flashblue of conspiracists. No matter what's actually going on, there'll always be an 'actually my source is now telling...' around the corner.

I said Brexit wouldn't happen. Nearly a year on, it still hasn't happened. I might be wrong in the long run - we'll see, but to date I'm right and I've seen nothing to convince me of changing that view.

Please tell me who "my source" is.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:39 - Apr 23 with 726 viewsJ2BLUE

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:33 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

Can you set out your criteria before negotiations begin so we can see if you're right with clarity?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:47 - Apr 23 with 714 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 21:43 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Far too simplistic badger. Has he endorsed LaPen?

Le Pen is the leader of a vile racist party. I wouldn't endorse her in any way whatsoever. But I can see very clearly that Macron is a fabricated candidate who was produced to save France's membership of the EU.

Badger is a simplified version of Mullet. A Guardian-fed neoliberal halfwit.

Just retaliating in kind. Not what I usually do, but Badger's stupidity is shining through more brilliantly than usual yet he's still trying to claim some sort of intellectual superiority.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:53 - Apr 23 with 701 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:39 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Can you set out your criteria before negotiations begin so we can see if you're right with clarity?

They haven't changed since the days of Brexit. i posted them about three or four times then. Dig them out for yourself and feel happy to wave them in my face if I'm wrong.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:07 - Apr 23 with 684 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:03 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

If it's a choice of Macron or Le Pen, you'd pick Macron everytime.

It's a good result for Europe and the wider world.

The March of the men/women in grey suits........to save us from the sins (2008) of the men and women in grey suits .

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:11 - Apr 23 with 676 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 21:09 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Yep. The French system is designed to stop an extremist ever being President.

Thankfully the Left Winger Melenchon didn't make it through with LePen. Both want out of the EU which would have seen the whole thing crumble which wouldn't be good for any of us.

So is Glassers saying that a Lexit/Frexit is a terrible thing whereas Brexit is ok.....tres confused !

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:21 - Apr 23 with 663 viewsElderGrizzly

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:07 - Apr 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

The March of the men/women in grey suits........to save us from the sins (2008) of the men and women in grey suits .

Well he's preferable to Le Pen continuing her dangerous rhetoric on Islam and Muslims.

She's a racist,anti-Muslim & a xenophobe and there will be worse to come from her party as GB said earlier.
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:23 - Apr 23 with 660 viewsElderGrizzly

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:37 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

I said Brexit wouldn't happen. Nearly a year on, it still hasn't happened. I might be wrong in the long run - we'll see, but to date I'm right and I've seen nothing to convince me of changing that view.

Please tell me who "my source" is.

It was never going to happen by now though? Depending by what 'happens' means of course.

If we haven't meaningfully cut some of the existing ties by the end of 2019 then you'll be correct. I for one hope you are right
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:25 - Apr 23 with 657 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:36 - Apr 23 by StokieBlue

The Rothschilds no longer have any real financial clout.

Why do you persist with this? Show me some evidence of their actual net worth which gives them the means to do this. They were very powerful, times have changed.

SB

"The family empire is divided among a web of descendants and a few external shareholders. The ownership structure is opaque, which makes it hard to estimate the family wealth, although it is one of the richest in the world."

source: https://www.ft.com/content/f159e16a-3610-11df-aa43-00144feabdc0

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:30 - Apr 23 with 646 viewsElderGrizzly

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:25 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

"The family empire is divided among a web of descendants and a few external shareholders. The ownership structure is opaque, which makes it hard to estimate the family wealth, although it is one of the richest in the world."

source: https://www.ft.com/content/f159e16a-3610-11df-aa43-00144feabdc0

That was in 2009 accounts. What about in 2017?

"The family’s estate has been badly hit by the global downturn: the Rothschild group saw profits fall by almost half in the year to the end of March 2009"

Edit - this is the latest on their wealth: no-one knows is the answer!

"An earlier version of this article cited an estimate of the combined net worth of the Rothschilds at $350 billion. That estimate came from a source that does not meet standards, and we have consequently retracted it. Similarly, an estimate that the Rothschilds controlled more than $2 trillion worth in assets was also inadequately sourced and retracted."
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 23:35]
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:31 - Apr 23 with 644 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:23 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

It was never going to happen by now though? Depending by what 'happens' means of course.

If we haven't meaningfully cut some of the existing ties by the end of 2019 then you'll be correct. I for one hope you are right

To be fair, your time frame should read June 28th 2018.

It's delay after delay after delay.

Did he activate Article 50 on June 28th? Nope. He resigned instead.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:34 - Apr 23 with 639 viewsElderGrizzly

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:31 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

To be fair, your time frame should read June 28th 2018.

It's delay after delay after delay.

Did he activate Article 50 on June 28th? Nope. He resigned instead.

So events overtook it? Fairly sure May triggered it a month ago? :(
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:34 - Apr 23 with 637 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:30 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

That was in 2009 accounts. What about in 2017?

"The family’s estate has been badly hit by the global downturn: the Rothschild group saw profits fall by almost half in the year to the end of March 2009"

Edit - this is the latest on their wealth: no-one knows is the answer!

"An earlier version of this article cited an estimate of the combined net worth of the Rothschilds at $350 billion. That estimate came from a source that does not meet standards, and we have consequently retracted it. Similarly, an estimate that the Rothschilds controlled more than $2 trillion worth in assets was also inadequately sourced and retracted."
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 23:35]

Profits fell by almost half, fine. Did they lose half their assets too?

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:35 - Apr 23 with 633 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:34 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

So events overtook it? Fairly sure May triggered it a month ago? :(

Let's see what happens.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:38 - Apr 23 with 629 viewsElderGrizzly

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:35 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

Let's see what happens.

Well we don't have to wait and see, unless May didn't trigger it last month?

We have to see what 'flavour' it is i agree. Who knows, if May is defeated on June 8th, then we'll definitely go in a different direction.

At least Portugal is stable eh? ;)
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:39 - Apr 23 with 627 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:21 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

Well he's preferable to Le Pen continuing her dangerous rhetoric on Islam and Muslims.

She's a racist,anti-Muslim & a xenophobe and there will be worse to come from her party as GB said earlier.

That's one thing which gets me about people who support (supposedly) anti-establishment, iconoclastic candidates like Le Pen, Hofer, Wilders, even Trump and Farage/Nuttall - completely ignoring the extremely distasteful baggage so many of them carry around with them.

Fair enough if you want to try something new politically, but why pander to xenophobes, extreme nationalists and even dressed-up neo-Nazis in the process?

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:54 - Apr 23 with 601 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:07 - Apr 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're assuming these people are a monolithic bloc, working in concert, rather than a disparate collection of individuals, some of whom got carried away with greed and opportunism, ending up trashing the system in the selfish carelessness of their lust, some others being left to clear up the mess and keep the system functioning.

There may be other viable systems, but so far none of those tried have proven really any more successful than the one we have (because ruthless ambition and cupidity are not limited to capitalists).

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:54 - Apr 23 with 603 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:39 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

That's one thing which gets me about people who support (supposedly) anti-establishment, iconoclastic candidates like Le Pen, Hofer, Wilders, even Trump and Farage/Nuttall - completely ignoring the extremely distasteful baggage so many of them carry around with them.

Fair enough if you want to try something new politically, but why pander to xenophobes, extreme nationalists and even dressed-up neo-Nazis in the process?

Their presence on the political spectrum, especially if it's a popular one, enables centrist parties to move creep further and further to the right and still claim to be centrist.

here's an opinion which supports that view:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/04/can-anybody-find-significant-dif

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:56 - Apr 23 with 597 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:34 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

Profits fell by almost half, fine. Did they lose half their assets too?

Stokie? ElderGrizzly?

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024