Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French 'exit poll' due at 7pm 18:48 - Apr 23 with 6321 viewsElderGrizzly

We'll see how swivel-eyed the French have really gone

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:56 - Apr 23 with 1336 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:25 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

"The family empire is divided among a web of descendants and a few external shareholders. The ownership structure is opaque, which makes it hard to estimate the family wealth, although it is one of the richest in the world."

source: https://www.ft.com/content/f159e16a-3610-11df-aa43-00144feabdc0

Thanks for your link.

Does it support your assertion though?

As a family with many members they are one of the richest in the world. Still far less rich than say the next 10 or 20 individuals who might not share their aims with regards to your theories. It would also require all the family members agreeing and pulling in the same direction rather than super-rich individuals who can do like they please with their money.

Even then, if the family members had 20bn capital as it asserts from that fund, it's not enough to do anything major to the financial markets.

What clout do you exactly think they have? How could they force through anything?

SB
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 23:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 00:07 - Apr 24 with 1327 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:34 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

Profits fell by almost half, fine. Did they lose half their assets too?

Given the value of their main asset, the bank, is predicated on share price:

Rothschild & Co shares (traded in Paris) crashed from Eur409.00 in June 2007 to Eur23.28 the following March and it's been around that ever since. The top figure was a high to which the price had steadily clmbed from back as far as March 1999, when it was Eur48.00.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 00:22 - Apr 24 with 1322 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:54 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

Their presence on the political spectrum, especially if it's a popular one, enables centrist parties to move creep further and further to the right and still claim to be centrist.

here's an opinion which supports that view:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/04/can-anybody-find-significant-dif

The problem with that little blog is it picks a few selected headers (bearing in mind, also, that we don't actually have a May manifesto yet) without going into the detail on those individual policies. For example the section on immigration in the BNP manifesto does not read anything like what May has said (e.g. 'we call for an immediate halt to all further immigration').

Edit: Will have to take a look at his book on Alexander Burnes, tho.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 0:27]

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 00:54 - Apr 24 with 1302 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 23:56 - Apr 23 by StokieBlue

Thanks for your link.

Does it support your assertion though?

As a family with many members they are one of the richest in the world. Still far less rich than say the next 10 or 20 individuals who might not share their aims with regards to your theories. It would also require all the family members agreeing and pulling in the same direction rather than super-rich individuals who can do like they please with their money.

Even then, if the family members had 20bn capital as it asserts from that fund, it's not enough to do anything major to the financial markets.

What clout do you exactly think they have? How could they force through anything?

SB
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 23:56]

"Even then, if the family members had 20bn capital as it asserts from that fund, it's not enough to do anything major to the financial markets."

Of course I can't prove that the Rothschild family's wealth far exceeds 20bn any more than you were able to prove that Putin is "probably the richest man in Europe".

Nobody, in the English speaking world at least, seems to want to hazard a guess at the family's wealth. It's almost like a no go area for discussion.

The FT was pretty brave with "The ownership structure is opaque, which makes it hard to estimate the family wealth, although it is one of the richest in the world."

The family clearly doesn't want anyone to know how much they have, and those that think they know seem to retract their statements.

There's some logic in why the details of unfathomably rich people's wealth remain unknown, hidden or unreported as such it's pointless talking about it any more. I'll continue to believe that they are enormously rich and powerful and you'll continue to counter with something on the lines of "you can't prove they are, so they're not".

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 01:01 - Apr 24 with 1297 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 00:07 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Given the value of their main asset, the bank, is predicated on share price:

Rothschild & Co shares (traded in Paris) crashed from Eur409.00 in June 2007 to Eur23.28 the following March and it's been around that ever since. The top figure was a high to which the price had steadily clmbed from back as far as March 1999, when it was Eur48.00.

"Given the value of their main asset, the bank,"

I'd be interested in any more information you can give me about "the bank" and its worth in relation to the family's other assets.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 1:17]

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 07:27 - Apr 24 with 1236 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 00:54 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

"Even then, if the family members had 20bn capital as it asserts from that fund, it's not enough to do anything major to the financial markets."

Of course I can't prove that the Rothschild family's wealth far exceeds 20bn any more than you were able to prove that Putin is "probably the richest man in Europe".

Nobody, in the English speaking world at least, seems to want to hazard a guess at the family's wealth. It's almost like a no go area for discussion.

The FT was pretty brave with "The ownership structure is opaque, which makes it hard to estimate the family wealth, although it is one of the richest in the world."

The family clearly doesn't want anyone to know how much they have, and those that think they know seem to retract their statements.

There's some logic in why the details of unfathomably rich people's wealth remain unknown, hidden or unreported as such it's pointless talking about it any more. I'll continue to believe that they are enormously rich and powerful and you'll continue to counter with something on the lines of "you can't prove they are, so they're not".

That is all hearsay and supposition. Superb factors of any conspiracy theory which lacks evidence.

I asked for evidence, you have provided none. You've just said they are wealthy and they don't like people knowing how much money they have. You could say that about loads of people, you could even say it about ME.

They don't control anything, it's not the 1920's and the markets have too many moving parts. Worst of all you don't actually see that you've provided no evidence at all, nothing in that is actual evidence.

Sad really.

SB

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 08:36 - Apr 24 with 1201 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 07:27 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

That is all hearsay and supposition. Superb factors of any conspiracy theory which lacks evidence.

I asked for evidence, you have provided none. You've just said they are wealthy and they don't like people knowing how much money they have. You could say that about loads of people, you could even say it about ME.

They don't control anything, it's not the 1920's and the markets have too many moving parts. Worst of all you don't actually see that you've provided no evidence at all, nothing in that is actual evidence.

Sad really.

SB

That's a fairly lame riposte if ever I've seen one. You appear desperate to throw in the words "conspiracy theory" but there's nothing conspiratorial about thinking that someone has an unfathomable quantity of money.

I made it perfectly clear in my reply that neither I, nor anyone, could provide evidence of the Rothschild family's worth, but you claim that I have no idea of the fact.. you even say that's the worst thing of all.

More evidence that you don't read what I write and your efforts to disagree with me at every turn.

Pitiful really.

CIL

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 08:37 - Apr 24 with 1200 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 08:36 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

That's a fairly lame riposte if ever I've seen one. You appear desperate to throw in the words "conspiracy theory" but there's nothing conspiratorial about thinking that someone has an unfathomable quantity of money.

I made it perfectly clear in my reply that neither I, nor anyone, could provide evidence of the Rothschild family's worth, but you claim that I have no idea of the fact.. you even say that's the worst thing of all.

More evidence that you don't read what I write and your efforts to disagree with me at every turn.

Pitiful really.

CIL

Absolute cobblers.

You've not once said how the Rothschilds have controlled anything with regards to the EU, French elections or general policy. Your only piece of supporting evidence is that "they are rich".

Pointless as usual. You go on believing that 1920's families rule the world.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:38]

Login to get fewer ads

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 09:07 - Apr 24 with 1187 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 01:01 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

"Given the value of their main asset, the bank,"

I'd be interested in any more information you can give me about "the bank" and its worth in relation to the family's other assets.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 1:17]

What other major assets do they have apart from the network of banking businesses? Stuff like (non-commercial) property and artwork will be pifflingly small change in comparison.

In any case, the family's own wealth is not where they get what clout they have, but instead what they are doing with the very much larger amounts of other people's money invested through the bank. The management team (more so than the host of minor family shareholders) have broad direction over where and to whom those funds go.

Altho the primary aim must always be to make money for their customers, over and above winning friends and influencing people, as that is the main aim of the business. There's more than enough competition snapping at their heels if they lose focus.

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 09:20 - Apr 24 with 1180 viewsGuthrum

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 00:54 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

Part of that is a technical issue - accurately assessing high wealth is a very difficult and nebulous business.

After all, how much is a large company actually worth, given they are not bought and sold in their entirety very often? It's usually assessed on a complex formula of assets, debts, profitability, marketplace, demand for shares (if publicly traded) and so on. It's also a moving target, as events constantly affect the figures. One person's valuation can be very different to another's (c.f. the dispute about how wealthy Trump really is). The vast majority of the wealth of the super-rich is tied up in ownership of businesses, not cash in the bank.

With privately owned companies, especially those with international ownership structures, tracking down value and who owns what can, practically, be impossible (I know, I've tried it). You simply have to take a judgement call. It ends up being a bit "finger in the air".

Philip Beresford's Sunday Times Rich List figures are constantly being disputed (either up or down) by the subjects of its gaze.

That is often why assessments of a wealthy individual or family's actual worth vary so much.

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 09:36 - Apr 24 with 1170 viewsJ2BLUE

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 22:53 - Apr 23 by caught-in-limbo

They haven't changed since the days of Brexit. i posted them about three or four times then. Dig them out for yourself and feel happy to wave them in my face if I'm wrong.

Trawling back through months of posting history is really more GB's thing. Any chance of a quick bullet point update?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:07 - Apr 24 with 1158 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 08:37 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

Absolute cobblers.

You've not once said how the Rothschilds have controlled anything with regards to the EU, French elections or general policy. Your only piece of supporting evidence is that "they are rich".

Pointless as usual. You go on believing that 1920's families rule the world.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:38]

To be fair, that's just hilarious.

"Rothschild & Co is family-controlled and independent and has been at
the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years."

source: p177 Rothschild & Co Annual Report 2015/16

Even their own family admits they are at the centre of the world's financial markets, and have been for over 200 years. To suggest that they have no influence on European politics is ridiculous.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:08 - Apr 24 with 1153 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 09:36 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Trawling back through months of posting history is really more GB's thing. Any chance of a quick bullet point update?

I gave bullet points at the time... get off your lazy bum.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:09 - Apr 24 with 1152 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:07 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

To be fair, that's just hilarious.

"Rothschild & Co is family-controlled and independent and has been at
the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years."

source: p177 Rothschild & Co Annual Report 2015/16

Even their own family admits they are at the centre of the world's financial markets, and have been for over 200 years. To suggest that they have no influence on European politics is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all.

Family overstates own importance shocker.

You've very naive if you think one family can tell giant financial institutions and governments what to do.

SB

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:10 - Apr 24 with 1149 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:09 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

It's not ridiculous at all.

Family overstates own importance shocker.

You've very naive if you think one family can tell giant financial institutions and governments what to do.

SB

Hilarious.

Perhaps you should tell them that their time was over in the 1920's.

LOL
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 10:18]

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:28 - Apr 24 with 1134 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:10 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

Hilarious.

Perhaps you should tell them that their time was over in the 1920's.

LOL
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 10:18]

You've not provided a single piece of evidence that then being rich means they have influence of EU political processes or government.

It's tiresome and you're doing it on purpose.

Good luck, I'm not responding to what essentially is a badly written chatbot anymore.

SB

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:31 - Apr 24 with 1128 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:28 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

You've not provided a single piece of evidence that then being rich means they have influence of EU political processes or government.

It's tiresome and you're doing it on purpose.

Good luck, I'm not responding to what essentially is a badly written chatbot anymore.

SB

"You've not provided a single piece of evidence that then being rich means they have influence of EU political processes or government.

And I'm the "badly written chatbot"?

You're throwing comedy custard pies into your own face!

Your self-ridicule goes from strength to strength.

CIL
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 11:02]

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:32 - Apr 24 with 1127 viewsGlasgowBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 09:36 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Not another person who doesn't know how google works.

There is no trawling back through months of posting history if you have a decent memory and a google search bar.

That really annoys me when people say that.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:34 - Apr 24 with 1125 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:31 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

"You've not provided a single piece of evidence that then being rich means they have influence of EU political processes or government.

And I'm the "badly written chatbot"?

You're throwing comedy custard pies into your own face!

Your self-ridicule goes from strength to strength.

CIL
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 11:02]

So rather than provide the evidence you pick up on an autocorrect done by the sywpe app. Good work, sterling stuff.

If all you can do is comment on spelling errors you've admitted defeat. You've embarrassed yourself in this thread.

SB

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:46 - Apr 24 with 1111 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:34 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

So rather than provide the evidence you pick up on an autocorrect done by the sywpe app. Good work, sterling stuff.

If all you can do is comment on spelling errors you've admitted defeat. You've embarrassed yourself in this thread.

SB

I really don't need to. The FT describes the Rothschild family as "one of the richest in the world". And their European bank annual report describes themselves as being "at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years."

You on the other hand think their influence died in the 1920's

Only a muppet would fail to understand they have enormous influence over European politics.

But you are a muppet because you can't even honour your own pledge of not responding to me - for more than a minute.

Move away from your computer and salvage some credibility. Please.

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:48 - Apr 24 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:46 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

I really don't need to. The FT describes the Rothschild family as "one of the richest in the world". And their European bank annual report describes themselves as being "at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years."

Only a muppet would fail to understand they have enormous influence over European politics.

But you are a muppet because you can't even honour your own pledge of not responding to me - for more than a minute.

"The FT describes the Rothschild family as "one of the richest in the world". And their European bank annual report describes themselves as being "at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years."

Bloody mainstream media and bankers. Can't trust a word they say.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:57 - Apr 24 with 1096 viewscaught-in-limbo

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:48 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

"The FT describes the Rothschild family as "one of the richest in the world". And their European bank annual report describes themselves as being "at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years."

Bloody mainstream media and bankers. Can't trust a word they say.

Well played. Stokie's had me in stitches all day, but that's the best one yet.

There must be some sort of conspiracy between the serious mainstream media and the bankers to over-inflate the influence of the poor little Rothschild family. But why? Stokie's not being taken in by it though.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 11:04]

#toxic

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 11:08 - Apr 24 with 1081 viewsStokieBlue

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:46 - Apr 24 by caught-in-limbo

If anyone called you a Muppet you'd be off complaining to Phil immediately. Obviously fine for you to do it though.

You do need to provide evidence. You've not provided any to show they have influence like you suggest over politics, you've just provided evidence they are rich.

You're a disingenuous and insulting person.

SB

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 11:13 - Apr 24 with 1068 viewsJ2BLUE

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:32 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

There is no trawling back through months of posting history if you have a decent memory and a google search bar.

I find google quite hit and miss. If you can easily find CIL's points on the EU i'd be grateful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 11:19 - Apr 24 with 1054 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

French 'exit poll' due at 7pm on 10:32 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

"Google Brother is watching you !"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024