Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats 19:50 - Apr 25 with 9086 viewsunbelievablue

I'll set the scene. To reach my flat block you have to turn off the road and pass, immediately, through a set of automatic gates, driving round the back of the road facing block of flats and into a rear car park, next to which my block, perpendicular to the aforementioned block, majestically lies.

There's one communal front door, with buzzers for each flat, then a brief, minimalist lobby and stairs.

When the delightful gentleman, armed with my Lamb Madras, drives through the gates, round the back, jumps out of his car, and presses the buzzer to flat 29, should I:

A) Pick up the intercom, greet him politely, and 'buzz him up', waiting for the knock at my flat door?
B) Pick up the intercom, greet him politely, inform him 'I'll be right down' and proceed down the stairs to the front of the building?
C) A.N.Other.

J

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:43 - Jun 19 with 803 viewsLord_Lucan

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:34 - Jun 19 by Sarge

Hmm, not sure there but I think justeat would take all of the delivery fee for themselves. I deliver pizza for a well known chain so there's no delivery fee for the customer but I get £1 for each delivery as standard.

I appreciate every tip, but especially the ones where the customer has already paid but gives me a quid anyway. But if you don't tip, it's all good, it's not a particularly taxing job and we're getting paid anyway! Just being polite will do!

I generally buy off Justeat and prepay and give a quid to the driver even if I have paid a £1 delivery charge. Maybe I will skip Justeat in future if the charge is £2

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:51 - Jun 19 with 784 viewsjeera

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 14:00 - Apr 26 by unbelievablue

I can never get a lamb curry right.

In what respect?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:59 - Jun 19 with 767 viewsSarge

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:43 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

I generally buy off Justeat and prepay and give a quid to the driver even if I have paid a £1 delivery charge. Maybe I will skip Justeat in future if the charge is £2

I've used it a couple of times, like you said it means you don't have to talk to anyone!

Sometimes there's no fee and sometimes it's more than £2 so I really don't know what goes on there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024