Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday 13:13 - Apr 30 with 2708 viewsBasuco

Son to Father " are we coming back next season Dad?" Fathers reply " I have been coming here since I was 7, losing today will not stop us coming back next season"
It is that sort of attitude that sets true fans apart from those that give up after a few poor results/performances. Great reply and well said that man.
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:22 - Apr 30 with 2589 viewsSarge

perhaps they live in Ipswich?

Have you considered that many fans live far away from Ipswich and the increased ticket prices, cost of travel in time and money, and the absolute lack of anything to cheer about or even relate to on the pitch are big factors in people deciding to pack it in?

10 years I've been going, travelling hundreds of miles in round trips every week. Being taken for a mug by the owner and enduring 18 months of the most prehistoric football ever played at PR are enough for me. It's not a 'few poor performances'.
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:29 - Apr 30 with 2524 viewsFixed_It

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:22 - Apr 30 by Sarge

perhaps they live in Ipswich?

Have you considered that many fans live far away from Ipswich and the increased ticket prices, cost of travel in time and money, and the absolute lack of anything to cheer about or even relate to on the pitch are big factors in people deciding to pack it in?

10 years I've been going, travelling hundreds of miles in round trips every week. Being taken for a mug by the owner and enduring 18 months of the most prehistoric football ever played at PR are enough for me. It's not a 'few poor performances'.

I do a 240 mile round trip. I understand your frustration - but will still be there next season. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:32 - Apr 30 with 2513 viewsSarge

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:29 - Apr 30 by Fixed_It

I do a 240 mile round trip. I understand your frustration - but will still be there next season. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Fair enough. I can't strap myself in again knowing that in all likelihood, there will be very little that changes.
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:38 - Apr 30 with 2477 viewsbournemouthblue

My Auntie and Uncle have been going for 40 odd years but are hit by the new concession rise

They aren't renewing and that's with a heavy heart believe me

I'll now be on my own in my current seat which is a hashtag the club really needs to be attacked with

#OneOfOurOwn #NowOnOurOwn
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 13:39]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:43 - Apr 30 with 2422 viewsRyorry

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 13:38 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

My Auntie and Uncle have been going for 40 odd years but are hit by the new concession rise

They aren't renewing and that's with a heavy heart believe me

I'll now be on my own in my current seat which is a hashtag the club really needs to be attacked with

#OneOfOurOwn #NowOnOurOwn
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 13:39]

If you didn't have balls, might you be your Auntie?

#BournemouthsBumFest - spread across 3 seats near you
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 13:44]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 16:02 - Apr 30 with 2144 viewsScuzzer

However, if nobody took some action to break the mediocrity then absolutely nothing will change. The only way Evans will be moved into doing something is by hitting him where it hurts most....in his pocket. Like the father in this story...I was 10 when I first went down to Town...the 1968 promotion to Division One year....but I honestly cannot justify spending out that amount of cash for me and my grandson...especially as I will now have to wait another 6 years to get the seniors reduction. I will not be having a season ticket next season, I will pick and choose my games...so yeah...I will become a part time supporter...and probably get slammed by many on TWTD. Sometimes it's very hard to carry out what you think is right and it has been.

Established 1968

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 16:09 - Apr 30 with 2100 viewstractorboy1978

A few poor results/performances? Oh come on.
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 16:36 - Apr 30 with 2009 viewsGarv

Would you continue to buy cinema tickets to films you know you won't enjoy?

Different I know but that is how some view football, and it's a lot more expensive.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 17:33 - Apr 30 with 1879 viewsVaughan8

That is the attitude the club want us to all have so they can continue to produce sub standard football for over inflated prices and nothing will change.

We are all different and I appreciate that but it's a bit sad that people have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon. What are you going to do for 3 months.....! Haha
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 17:58 - Apr 30 with 1790 viewsstonojnr

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 16:36 - Apr 30 by Garv

Would you continue to buy cinema tickets to films you know you won't enjoy?

Different I know but that is how some view football, and it's a lot more expensive.

it is comparable to the Cineworld Unlimited card though, you are left in a position where you have to see 2-3 movies per month to make it worthwhile. are there 2-3 movies per month worth seeing, maybe some months yes, other months no. so do you just keep going to the cinema to see any film just to make it pay for itself.

same with a season ticket, yesterday was a glorious beer garden sunny weather afternoon, would I have preferred to watch a dour game in which Town inevitably lose, or sit soaking up the sun drinking beer in a pub garden pleasantly watching the world go by.

Im happy with the choice I made :)
Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 18:23 - Apr 30 with 1729 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe he was referring to hanging out in the gents?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Overheard in the gents at PR after the game yesterday on 18:37 - Apr 30 with 1673 viewsbraveblue

Rubbish!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024