Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Mogga in 10:49 - May 8 with 5445 viewsitfcjoe

Would be a good replacement in our current model, was so unlucky not to keep Blackburn up after the job he did there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get Mogga in on 13:00 - May 8 with 2200 viewsitfcjoe

Get Mogga in on 11:05 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Good early promise with his managerial career.

His record/win percentage seems to have been in decline since that early promise which would make me slightly cautious if appointing him.

Saying that, he has done relatively well at Blackburn even though they did go down:

15 games
Won - 5
Drawn - 7
Lost - 3

Not bad with a poor Blackburn team.

He would certainly get time considering his past connections with the club and from what I remember of his West Brom team he always tried to play football the right way so maybe it would be a worthwhile gamble.

Be happy to pretty much gamble on anyone else right now though.

He's pretty experienced, plays a good brand of football and is still well liked by the clubs fan base.

As much as I'd like to take a punt, with no footballing infrastructure behind the scenes that will be hugely risky - Mogga has gone in at a shambles of a club and done very well there recently.

He's had good and bad spells in his career, and hasn't got teams over the line but think he'd do a good job here and help reunite the fans and the club

Get Mogga in on 13:01 - May 8 with 2191 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Get Mogga in on 12:48 - May 8 by Johnny_Boy

What do you reckon about Burley coming back?

No. Why?

Perhaps we should go for Owen Coyle as you like him, eh?
[Post edited 8 May 2017 13:02]
Get Mogga in on 13:01 - May 8 with 2196 viewsitfcjoe

Get Mogga in on 11:06 - May 8 by hype313

Really? I don't think his name would get a mention if he hadn't played for us previously.

He had a worse record than Barnes at Celtic.

Whilst I see your point, he has played for us previously so it is a bit of a non-point....

Get Mogga in on 13:05 - May 8 with 2180 viewsGeoffSentence

Get Mogga in on 12:55 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I think he actually still lives up in Teesside or somewhere in that area.

Probably, but why would Mrs Mowbray want to move to Blackburn, coming home to Ipswich would be a different matter though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Get Mogga in on 13:08 - May 8 with 2163 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Get Mogga in on 13:00 - May 8 by itfcjoe

He's pretty experienced, plays a good brand of football and is still well liked by the clubs fan base.

As much as I'd like to take a punt, with no footballing infrastructure behind the scenes that will be hugely risky - Mogga has gone in at a shambles of a club and done very well there recently.

He's had good and bad spells in his career, and hasn't got teams over the line but think he'd do a good job here and help reunite the fans and the club

You would like to think from his time here as well that Mogga would know our philosphy and what we expect etc.

I genuinely think we could a lot worse as well and would hope that we could tempt him away from Blackburn if the managers position became available here.

Not sure what his reputation is for bringing through youth though? As surely with Evans 5 point plan, any new potential manager is going to have to work closely with the academy?

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Get Mogga in on 13:10 - May 8 with 2158 viewsRyorry

"was so unlucky not to keep Blackburn up after the job he did there"

Particularly considering our ineptitude yesterday!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get Mogga in on 13:11 - May 8 with 2149 viewstractorboy1978

Welcome to the party - was calling for this before he went to Blackburn. Perfect fit for us.
Get Mogga in on 13:13 - May 8 with 2144 viewsJohnny_Boy

Get Mogga in on 13:01 - May 8 by Mach_foreignBlue

No. Why?

Perhaps we should go for Owen Coyle as you like him, eh?
[Post edited 8 May 2017 13:02]

I've always wanted Mogga back after his short managerial role here.
Said it numerous times.

Unsure where you got me wanting Coyle at ITFC. I do remember being laughed-at for suggesting Dyche back in the day.
Login to get fewer ads

Get Mogga in on 13:15 - May 8 with 2133 viewsmutters

Not for me this one.

Once the euphoria of us appointing 'one of us' died down then I think we'd realise that we are left with a fairly average manager and the frustration would return quickly.

There are better options out there if we are going to change manager.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Get Mogga in on 13:18 - May 8 with 2112 viewsJohnny_Boy

Get Mogga in on 12:59 - May 8 by Rocky

Is Mark Venus still his assistant?

Last I heard, Veno took over from Mogga @ Coventry.
Get Mogga in on 13:25 - May 8 with 2093 viewsDolly2.0

Get Mogga in on 13:15 - May 8 by mutters

Not for me this one.

Once the euphoria of us appointing 'one of us' died down then I think we'd realise that we are left with a fairly average manager and the frustration would return quickly.

There are better options out there if we are going to change manager.

Like?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Get Mogga in on 13:27 - May 8 with 2090 viewsJohnny_Boy

Get Mogga in on 11:19 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

One of the problems Mogga had at Boro was that Gordon Strachan had brought in all the players TM had off-loaded when he took over from him at Celtic!

TM would certainly be less volatile than JM but I can see the comparison in footballing philosophies, certainly.

Any pie-in-the-sky murmurings of a certain ex-player currently cutting his teeth at Colchester?
Get Mogga in on 13:28 - May 8 with 2083 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Mogga in on 13:18 - May 8 by Johnny_Boy

Last I heard, Veno took over from Mogga @ Coventry.

Was technical director, moved on in March.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-coventry
Get Mogga in on 13:28 - May 8 with 2079 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Mogga in on 13:27 - May 8 by Johnny_Boy

Any pie-in-the-sky murmurings of a certain ex-player currently cutting his teeth at Colchester?

No, would be a surprise if he stepped up to this level at the moment, I think.
Get Mogga in on 13:28 - May 8 with 2076 viewsSuperfrans

Get Mogga in on 13:25 - May 8 by Dolly2.0

Like?

My personal shortlist would be:
Tony Mowbray
Simon Grayson
Uwe Rosler

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Get Mogga in on 13:31 - May 8 with 2066 viewshype313

Get Mogga in on 13:28 - May 8 by Superfrans

My personal shortlist would be:
Tony Mowbray
Simon Grayson
Uwe Rosler

I know i'll get vilified for this but I'd take a gamble on the Cowleys, fortune favours the brave and all.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get Mogga in on 13:45 - May 8 with 2023 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Get Mogga in on 13:13 - May 8 by Johnny_Boy

I've always wanted Mogga back after his short managerial role here.
Said it numerous times.

Unsure where you got me wanting Coyle at ITFC. I do remember being laughed-at for suggesting Dyche back in the day.

You had been praising Coyle last year when people were ridiculing Blackburn for appointing him. You had also said that he couldn't do worse than McCarthy.
Get Mogga in on 13:48 - May 8 with 2011 viewsRoyKeanesDog

It's a no from me unfortunately.

Look at the abuse our last 4 managers have received from fans, I don't want to subject Mogga to that.

Poll: Best Football Song

Get Mogga in on 14:17 - May 8 with 1960 viewsRyorry

Get Mogga in on 13:28 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

No, would be a surprise if he stepped up to this level at the moment, I think.

I really think our best bet would be an appointment similar to the recruitment of Burley when he first came to us - someone young-ish who's shown talent in the lower leagues and is looking for a step up.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get Mogga in on 14:21 - May 8 with 1954 viewsElderGrizzly

Get Mogga in on 13:01 - May 8 by itfcjoe

Whilst I see your point, he has played for us previously so it is a bit of a non-point....

Mowbray likely to leave Blackburn in the next few days too according to journalists up there after Paul Senior (DoF) left today

Get Mogga in on 14:23 - May 8 with 1945 viewsJ2BLUE

No thanks.

I love him but our fan base turns so easily and it would inevitably end up going bad at some point. Some things are best left alone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Get Mogga in on 16:42 - May 8 with 1879 viewsSuperfrans

Get Mogga in on 14:23 - May 8 by J2BLUE

No thanks.

I love him but our fan base turns so easily and it would inevitably end up going bad at some point. Some things are best left alone.

That's two posts on this thread saying we shouldn't appoint a guy we love and respect as our manager because we don't want to turn against him.

Surely the answer is - don't turn against our managers?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Get Mogga in on 17:34 - May 8 with 1846 viewsSwn98

Get Mogga in on 11:22 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Might be able to cherry pick a few players from Blackburn to bring with him as well.

weve got enough rubbish here already without cherry picking players from a relegated club.
Get Mogga in on 17:36 - May 8 with 1834 viewsJ2BLUE

Get Mogga in on 16:42 - May 8 by Superfrans

That's two posts on this thread saying we shouldn't appoint a guy we love and respect as our manager because we don't want to turn against him.

Surely the answer is - don't turn against our managers?

Pissing into the wind. You can't reason with a football fan base.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Get Mogga in on 17:43 - May 8 with 1826 viewsMullet

I wouldn't want him here. Partly as I don't think I could face the idiots getting their DNA and terrible handwriting in everyone's faces like they did to Jim.

Also I'm not sure he's that good. His career is patchy, his teams not too much of a departure. It'd give the fans a good boost initially, but if the players don't rise with that tide of optimism it'll be no different to now.

I think the pressure would be on him to win more than a non-ITFC appointment oddly enough. You'll see him held up as a cheap piece of appeasement by ME without the results.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024