Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad 20:55 - May 11 with 12062 viewstextbackup

Add to that the 1000 from previous season...

I'd suggest we are now at hardcore level (many will have their own opinions on these 10,000 I know. Words such as deluded blind loyal mad crazy could be used) and to be honest I've no idea what I am in all that

But another season of sht investment, keifer Moore signings and terrible football and I'm sure even herby and something will agree, that level will drop further!

If ME wouldn't listen to the board with ST price ideas will he listen to them for match day tik and bundles to be offered? I think not.

Future is very very worrying

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:27 - May 11 with 2797 viewsBenters

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:26 - May 11 by Millsey

Bu$$er off and support some one else then

lol

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:27 - May 11 with 2804 viewschristiand

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:19 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, not really many similarities with Blackburn or Coventry, as also keeps being posted.

This post has been edited by an administrator

There are similarities though: drop in crowds year on year and owners that just aren't interested. There's two off the top my dome for you!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:28 - May 11 with 2804 viewsolimar

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:07 - May 11 by SWGF

Yeah but it's all linked with golf memberships and stuff, so it's of no concern.

I wonder if Ipswich Golf Club has seen a 15% drop off in membership this year....
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:29 - May 11 with 2797 viewsolimar

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:19 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, not really many similarities with Blackburn or Coventry, as also keeps being posted.

Blackburn are a crappy club really, just pumped up by 5 years of investment by Walker. Ditto Chelsea, basically.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:30 - May 11 with 2796 viewstextbackup

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:16 - May 11 by itfcjoe

I don't see comparison with Blackburn, they still spend a fair bit and have never had a decent sized fan base.

I'm being massively simplistic here, we play in blue and white and are pretty sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:34 - May 11 with 2785 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:27 - May 11 by christiand

There are similarities though: drop in crowds year on year and owners that just aren't interested. There's two off the top my dome for you!

Don't think there's a lack of interest on ME's part. I suspect if that was the case Mick would have walked a long time ago.

As I said in a thread the other day, Blackburn's biggest problem has been the complete lack of stability on and off the pitch over a number of seasons, managers coming and going, long-term backroom staff jettisoned etc. I would guess a lot of people here would argue there's too much stability.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:37 - May 11 with 2773 viewsjas0999

Likely to be more than 2K. Currently sales are above 12k and now it's 'around' 10k. So, probably less. Shambolic. Yet Evans supports Mick. Disgraceful.

If Mick hasn't gone by this time next week my season ticket will be cancelled. I urge others to do the same. Evans won't invest. So it's more of the same.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:38 - May 11 with 2767 viewschristiand

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:34 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Don't think there's a lack of interest on ME's part. I suspect if that was the case Mick would have walked a long time ago.

As I said in a thread the other day, Blackburn's biggest problem has been the complete lack of stability on and off the pitch over a number of seasons, managers coming and going, long-term backroom staff jettisoned etc. I would guess a lot of people here would argue there's too much stability.

You could be right Phil. Is it too much to ask that a magic wand is waved over Portman Road and we find ourselves in the Premier League, free of debt, sell out crowds and playing entertaining football. That's not much to ask surely?!😄

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:41 - May 11 with 2773 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:28 - May 11 by olimar

I wonder if Ipswich Golf Club has seen a 15% drop off in membership this year....

Re golf, there is some truth in what he said re memberships. I was asked to post something on here to try to promote a golf club for just that reason.

And to be fair to IM, he cited that as an example when talking about the club needing to be more flexible with their ticketing, like other industries, rather than as the main reason why season ticket sales are down. He accepted that entertainment on the pitch is the biggest issue.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:45 - May 11 with 2740 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 by textbackup

And this is just me here, I wish the club would put their heads together and say

'Look we need to do something, lets extend the early bird offer and on the same day we'll unveil player X'

Someone to get those that haven't renewed tempted again, then crack in another couple of players soon after. I'm not taking £4m players, but good solid championship players, ones that will improve our first 11, not bulk out squad

10,000 season ticket holder for Ipswich Town FC.... we took 2000 less than that to Milan!

I don't blame the fans staying away at all. Just to make that clear

Agree with all of that Texters

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:46 - May 11 with 2740 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:38 - May 11 by christiand

You could be right Phil. Is it too much to ask that a magic wand is waved over Portman Road and we find ourselves in the Premier League, free of debt, sell out crowds and playing entertaining football. That's not much to ask surely?!😄

Sadly, promotion is a very difficult ask for Town now given the way the division has developed in the last couple of seasons. The 'window' under ME was rather wasted by Jim, Keano and Jewell. Now we need to significantly overachieve to get into the play-offs - what we used to take for granted a few years back - and win them.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:49 - May 11 with 2722 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:26 - May 11 by Millsey

Bu$$er off and support some one else then

Excuse me?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:51 - May 11 with 2722 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:27 - May 11 by olimar

They wrote off a season in August effectively and the fans knew it.
Milne then tried to suggest in January that it was a rebuilding season instead- but nobody suggested that it was a rebuilding year at the start. It was just retrospectively trying to find a story to fit.
Jewell did the same, claimed he was going to build a side, said all the right things, then suddenly spent all his budget on short term expensive players, it failed and he then claimed he would build with youth in January again.
Fans are investing £500 each season and have a right to understand what they can expect to see- not in terms of results, but in terms of a strategy. If its going to be a rebuild, where the side will be relatively uncompetitive, fans deserve to know that before they spend.
As just one example, I recall seeing the NY Knicks and the club were quite openly explaining to fans that they were reducing their wage bill so that, in 2 years time, they would have plenty of room within the wage cap to bid for a really big free agent player. Fans can buy into that, knowing that they are putting themselves into a position to try and bring in LeBron James. I know the comparison doesnt quite fit, but the point is the same.

I agree, but the problem is (and was even under Jewell) that the club won't want to say thatin effect we aren't going for the top 6 - because that is the case unless investment increases and has been since Keane's first year.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:51 - May 11 with 2718 viewsjas0999

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:34 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

With respect though Phil, the Evans Å‚ack of interest in a genuine perception of a number of fans. It can't be denied, he isn't doing enough to convince folk otherwise. Is he?
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:53 - May 11 with 2713 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:27 - May 11 by christiand

Evans is interested, just not financially backing us to extent most likely needed - that is a million miles away from Coventry and it's insulting to Coventry fans to suggest so with all they are going through.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:53 - May 11 with 2709 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:30 - May 11 by textbackup

I'm being massively simplistic here, we play in blue and white and are pretty sht

I can't argue against that!

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:04 - May 11 with 2691 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:51 - May 11 by jas0999

With respect though Phil, the Evans Å‚ack of interest in a genuine perception of a number of fans. It can't be denied, he isn't doing enough to convince folk otherwise. Is he?

Can't really add much to Joe's reply above. If ME had lost interest then I doubt he'd continue to waste his money subsidising the annual losses to the extent he is, even if it's probably not enough given the current state of the division.

And he is fairly hands on in terms of decision-making, contract/transfer negotiation etc, perhaps too much so in some respects, it would probably do the club good to have some responsibilities offloaded to a chief exec, MD or sporting director. The current MD being the one who made the decision on season ticket prices would certainly have benefited all parties.

I think the perception of a lack of interest probably also has a lot to do with the lack of a public face, which was inevitably going to be an issue when things aren't going well.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:09 - May 11 with 2679 viewsjas0999

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:04 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Can't really add much to Joe's reply above. If ME had lost interest then I doubt he'd continue to waste his money subsidising the annual losses to the extent he is, even if it's probably not enough given the current state of the division.

And he is fairly hands on in terms of decision-making, contract/transfer negotiation etc, perhaps too much so in some respects, it would probably do the club good to have some responsibilities offloaded to a chief exec, MD or sporting director. The current MD being the one who made the decision on season ticket prices would certainly have benefited all parties.

I think the perception of a lack of interest probably also has a lot to do with the lack of a public face, which was inevitably going to be an issue when things aren't going well.

All very good points and I completely respect those thoughts.

But I'm sorry, I simply can't back Evans, nor do I personally think he is a good for ITFC. we are going backwards under his leadership and his season ticket pricing was a big error of judgement. It feels as though he's trying to offer a lower quality product at a much higher price. Taking us all for fools.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:14 - May 11 with 2663 viewsolimar

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:41 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Re golf, there is some truth in what he said re memberships. I was asked to post something on here to try to promote a golf club for just that reason.

And to be fair to IM, he cited that as an example when talking about the club needing to be more flexible with their ticketing, like other industries, rather than as the main reason why season ticket sales are down. He accepted that entertainment on the pitch is the biggest issue.

I take the point, but its one that Milne should have left behind- the very first industry that he should be reflecting on is the one he is in. If there was a falling trend in ST sales across the football industry, then it might be valid to reflect on whether other industries are seeing a similar trend. But there isnt and I cant imagine the parallel with Golf Clubs is anything more than a very minor impact against the overall picture.
The club do need to be more flexible with their ticketing to compensate for the entertainment on the pitch, essentially, but sadly they evidently havent managed that yet. Certainly not in the way that other clubs in the same industry have managed.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:16 - May 11 with 2649 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:09 - May 11 by jas0999

All very good points and I completely respect those thoughts.

But I'm sorry, I simply can't back Evans, nor do I personally think he is a good for ITFC. we are going backwards under his leadership and his season ticket pricing was a big error of judgement. It feels as though he's trying to offer a lower quality product at a much higher price. Taking us all for fools.

I think it's more that we've stood still (or still-ish, the wage bill has increased but not significantly) as spending elsewhere in the division has run off into the distance.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:42 - May 11 with 2588 viewsgroovyASH

Similarities with Blackburn extend to an angry, disenchanted fan base, and a starkingly similar decline in league position.
We aren't the mess off the pitch they have been but we have a different kind of problem- not overly stable, just stale. And stale breeds apathy. Also, no matter how much MM wants to try and sell the wins will put bums on seats, regardless of performance mantra, the truth is performances and style do matter to ITFC fans in general.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:43 - May 11 with 2583 viewsnotleyblue

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:16 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I think it's more that we've stood still (or still-ish, the wage bill has increased but not significantly) as spending elsewhere in the division has run off into the distance.

If Mick Mccarthy goes I will return and give a new manager my support. For me it's always been about the awful style of football nothing else.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:55 - May 11 with 2546 viewsBiGDonnie

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:11 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Put that figure to Ian Milne on the radio show a couple of weeks ago, he admitted they'd be down, included it in this:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31628/milne-massive-rebuilding-over-the-

Having to 'massively rebuild' after four years at aclub is embarrassing.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:55 - May 11 with 2544 viewsfactual_blue

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:14 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I was told earlier in the week they'd confirm later this week along with matchday prices and flexible part-season ticket type things.

But presumably no change to their hate-filled attitude to the 60-64 demographic?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:56 - May 11 with 2546 viewstractorboy1978

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:14 - May 11 by olimar

I take the point, but its one that Milne should have left behind- the very first industry that he should be reflecting on is the one he is in. If there was a falling trend in ST sales across the football industry, then it might be valid to reflect on whether other industries are seeing a similar trend. But there isnt and I cant imagine the parallel with Golf Clubs is anything more than a very minor impact against the overall picture.
The club do need to be more flexible with their ticketing to compensate for the entertainment on the pitch, essentially, but sadly they evidently havent managed that yet. Certainly not in the way that other clubs in the same industry have managed.

To be honest I am not sure what they can do with ticketing to get people in. The majority of those that didn't renew did so with a heavy heart (and I am one of them) and will be waiting intently for some news or signs that the club is moving in the direction they want it to, whether that be in terms of signings, manager change or improvement in the football. Announcing ticket bundles or reduced match day prices is not going to get people back en masse. Milne has repeatedly said he is aware of this but it's time for actions to speak louder than words. The club needs to act swiftly and decisively early on to get players in the door and change attitudes. And as much as MM vocally says pre season means nothing, this pre season is vitally important as far as I am concerned, on and off the pitch. Saying all this, recent history would suggest Bart leaving will probably go and be the first thing to happen which would be a great marker to put down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024