Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum 09:11 - May 16 with 9148 viewsitfcjoe

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-transfer-rumours-blues-target-marley-wa

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:10 - May 16 with 4105 viewsKieran_Knows

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:09 - May 16 by SWGF

We didn't have much to offer Skuse, Berra, Tabb, Murphy or McGoldrick in the summer of 2013 but they signed. Only difference being we were in the Evans cycle of giving his managers a bit of money.

TWTD.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:15 - May 16 with 4097 viewsJimmy86

Forgive my ignorance, but is Watkins actually that good?? Wouldn't have wanted to pay anything more than a million for him. Know he scored against us twice, but is he a wide midfielder or a striker??

If he's a wide player his goal return wasn't too bad I suppose. I don't know whether he's worth pushing the boat out for though.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:15 - May 16 with 4098 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:09 - May 16 by SWGF

We didn't have much to offer Skuse, Berra, Tabb, Murphy or McGoldrick in the summer of 2013 but they signed. Only difference being we were in the Evans cycle of giving his managers a bit of money.

In a way we did, we had a new manager in tow which would have at the time suggest new beginnings etc etc

As it stands, we don't really have anything to shout about, however small.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:17 - May 16 with 4101 viewsPhilTWTD

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:04 - May 16 by Steve_M

Yes, I suspect we expected to be priced out of this one once it was clear he would be on a free this Summer.

There will be plenty of targets this Summer but it will be nice to get one or two in early given the general mood at the club.

I'm not convinced we've had much interest in recent months. The Barnsley press thought there had been Premier League interest in January and I think they may have mentioned Burnley, who are again being linked at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up there.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:21 - May 16 with 4068 viewsJimmy86

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:17 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

I'm not convinced we've had much interest in recent months. The Barnsley press thought there had been Premier League interest in January and I think they may have mentioned Burnley, who are again being linked at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up there.

What's so special about him that he's attracting Prem and top end interest?? He strikes me as a Walters type utility player, who can play wide or up front. He's not especially big to play as a number 9 centre forward.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:21 - May 16 with 4065 viewsbrazil1982

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:05 - May 16 by ElderGrizzly

No surprise given the wages Norwich can offer compared to most of the division and the wages they have jettisoned in the last few weeks.

Someone on Twitter said they had reduced their wage bill by £10m at end of the season with all their departures

Very true. Players will move for the money - nothing else and the majority of clubs in our division can offer much more.
Lower leagues it is then....
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:24 - May 16 with 4052 viewsSWGF

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:12 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

Going to be one long summer, this!
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:12]

#gtbals

(Close enough)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Butcher called it on 10:26 - May 16 with 4041 viewshoofer

But ffs,
Watkins’ ex-boss at Inverness and Ipswich legend, Terry Butcher, admitted last week he feared his old team would miss the boat. “I think he will now go to a club that will be able to offer him a lot more than what Ipswich can pay him,” he said. “Unfortunately, I think he will be moving on to bigger and better things now as there are a number of quality clubs looking at him.
Login to get fewer ads

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:34 - May 16 with 4024 viewsPhilTWTD

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:21 - May 16 by Jimmy86

What's so special about him that he's attracting Prem and top end interest?? He strikes me as a Walters type utility player, who can play wide or up front. He's not especially big to play as a number 9 centre forward.

He's decent in the air, quick, has an eye for goal and is versatile, so not surprising there's interest. Oh, and on a free at the moment. As I say, I think the Town link that's currently being talked up is more of a historical thing.

We had Terry Butcher - his manager at Caley Thistle - on Life's a Pitch in January and he thought he had bigger fish to fry at that point, that last summer was the time to get him, but at the time Barnsley simply weren't willing to sell as they'd already lost other players.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:37 - May 16 with 4012 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:21 - May 16 by Jimmy86

In fairness Walters has carved out a successful career in the Premier League.

If clubs are using him as the yardstick to judge Watkins (they're probably not) then they would obviously be interested in a hardworking, still relatively young, physical front man who can play across a number of positions... Oh and he's available for Free.

Can imagine plenty of mid & lower Prem teams being willing to take a punt.
Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 10:38 - May 16 with 4011 viewshoppy

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 09:43 - May 16 by Bloots

....Sporting Director that works with the manager to get the players in, but to be getting players in when you haven't even got a manager doesn't sound ideal.

Unless they are sticking with Irvine.

Which will be funny.

It's more likely that they are waiting to see what happens with Huddersfield.

Am I missing something here, or has Watkins actually signed for Norwich? Surely at the moment, it's purely paper talk and speculation, isn't it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:40 - May 16 with 4009 viewsArnieM

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:43 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

I thought that too. Money talks I suppose!

Sadly this is what football is ALL about now. Nothing else. Scum are no better than us - they just have PL parachute money for being a failure. .....Hull, Sunderland etc will have greater financial backing for the same failure.

Evans can't match that level of investment but he can sure as hell do a hell of a lot better than he has been doing under MM'S tenure. Evans has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 10:40 - May 16 with 4008 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 10:38 - May 16 by hoppy

Am I missing something here, or has Watkins actually signed for Norwich? Surely at the moment, it's purely paper talk and speculation, isn't it?

Yes, but a 5 page thread discussing the possibility means it's bound to happen
Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 10:41 - May 16 with 3998 viewshoppy

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 10:40 - May 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Yes, but a 5 page thread discussing the possibility means it's bound to happen

I haven't dipped into the 5-pager - all I need to know is, has Flashy said yet?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:57 - May 16 with 3959 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:56 - May 16 by Northern_Blue81

I mentioned a while back, is going to be really hard to entice the quality players we require for the coming season.

We don't really have anything to offer them in terms of a promotion push etc, so is a difficult flog to say, do you want to sign, we might avoid relegation, our best outcome would mid table and by the way we are losing our fan base and we play a style of football that is not very attractive.

Long summer ahead for the football brains and boffins at IITFC
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:58]

Burton Albion is our big rival this summer as we're gonna compete with them for the players, for the worst sort of Championship players, the players that no-one else want. Would love to be wrong obviously but this seems really likely.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:00 - May 16 with 3949 viewsblueblood66

Imagine if we had appointed a vibrant young manager....we would be so much more attractive, a project under way etc. Sigh
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:01 - May 16 with 3941 viewsSteve_M

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:57 - May 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Burton Albion is our big rival this summer as we're gonna compete with them for the players, for the worst sort of Championship players, the players that no-one else want. Would love to be wrong obviously but this seems really likely.

Like Grant Ward and Adam Webster?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:13 - May 16 with 3909 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:01 - May 16 by Steve_M

Like Grant Ward and Adam Webster?

Given the way this league develops and frightening lack of ambition from ITFC I don't think we would have signed Ward or Webster this summer. That's why I think that this gonna be very underwhelming players' recruitment for us and fighting out with Burton.
Like Alan Irvine? (n/t) on 11:14 - May 16 with 3905 viewsBloots

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:00 - May 16 by blueblood66

Imagine if we had appointed a vibrant young manager....we would be so much more attractive, a project under way etc. Sigh

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:52 - May 16 with 3868 viewsRegencyBlue

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:21 - May 16 by brazil1982

Very true. Players will move for the money - nothing else and the majority of clubs in our division can offer much more.
Lower leagues it is then....

Although the better lower league players will also go for the money.

Its pretty obvious Evans has to dig deeper if we are to compete in anything other than a relegation fight.

Crucial summer coming up!
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 16:58 - May 16 with 3707 viewsSuperfrans

Fear not. All strikers that go to Norfolk end up rubbish.

Evidence...

Luciano Becchio
Van Wolfswinkel
Kyle Lafferty
Patrick Bamford
James Vaughan
Steve Morison
Simeon Jackson
Sam Vokes
Harry Kane

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 17:12 - May 16 with 3688 viewssundaze

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 11:00 - May 16 by blueblood66

However now we have a manager going into his last year of his contract. Should be interesting to see how he try's to explain to potential new signings, his vision and plans for the future. It is not a great situation and players looking for a new club over the summer will have plenty of options.
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 18:34 - May 16 with 3642 viewsstrikalite

So many Clubs looking for the same quality for our level, agents will big up their moves to the big Clubs prepared to pay so much more, MM will also state just like last year that nothing can be done until August because of holidays, remember that?
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 19:40 - May 16 with 3597 viewsHARRY10

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 18:34 - May 16 by strikalite

So many Clubs looking for the same quality for our level, agents will big up their moves to the big Clubs prepared to pay so much more, MM will also state just like last year that nothing can be done until August because of holidays, remember that?

What he means is nothing can be done until the fruit and veg stall is packing away and we can have a rummage among whats been left, thrown out.

How the hell did we end up like this ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024