Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? 22:27 - May 24 with 6057 viewsBluefish

If they have identified all of the dead and all of the injured. I can't see how this is possible.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:47 - May 25 with 1045 viewsSuperfrans

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:44 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Excuse me, if she's not one of the dead and not one of the injured but she's missing, why on earth is abduction such an implausible suggestion?

Because, on the balance of probability, many other possibilities are more likely - that she has been run over by a bus, for a start.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:48 - May 25 with 1045 viewsJ2BLUE

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:44 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Excuse me, if she's not one of the dead and not one of the injured but she's missing, why on earth is abduction such an implausible suggestion?

I have to agree with you here. Closing any lines of investigation before they have conclusive evidence would be stupid. Perhaps they already have the evidence they need though. I think people are just annoyed with you because your first post didn't explain your point and because it's just too horrible to even imagine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:51 - May 25 with 1042 viewsSuperfrans

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:47 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Where do I concede that there is a conspiracy?

Is it so unreasonable to suggest that when someone is missing (and being among the dead and injured have been ruled out) that the girl may not have simply just vanished?

You posted this, as a counterpoint to your own position:
"So, to account for the missing people, who are not among the dead or injured, you're saying that the non-conspiratorial take on things is to accept that things are just as they seem."

Is that not an indication that your position is a "conspiratorial take on things"?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:56 - May 25 with 1028 viewsGunnsAirkick

Sadly in this case 'missing' more likely means they just haven't identified everyone yet. Can't you see that as more logical than thinking thinking they've been abducted?

For example, these two poor people were also 'missing' earlier: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/manchester-bombing-victims-chloe-
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:56 - May 25 with 1029 viewsbaxterbasics

AS has been alluded to here, when I heard the reports of taxi drivers and others offering free lifts / places to stay, the awful thought occurred to me that this might not end well for everyone accepting hospitality.

Hopefully an unfounded fear and there will be nobody left missing once all IDs are official.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:58 - May 25 with 1015 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:51 - May 25 by Superfrans

You posted this, as a counterpoint to your own position:
"So, to account for the missing people, who are not among the dead or injured, you're saying that the non-conspiratorial take on things is to accept that things are just as they seem."

Is that not an indication that your position is a "conspiratorial take on things"?

The point I was making was that the non-conspiratorial (therefore correct) stance, according to the poster I was responding to, was to accept that if the girl wasn't dead or injured, it's enough to accept that she is "missing".

His implication being that "missing" was sufficient and that any speculation about what missing could mean was the stuff of a crazed conspiracy theorist.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 11:02 - May 25 with 1003 viewsGlasgowBlue

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:58 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

The point I was making was that the non-conspiratorial (therefore correct) stance, according to the poster I was responding to, was to accept that if the girl wasn't dead or injured, it's enough to accept that she is "missing".

His implication being that "missing" was sufficient and that any speculation about what missing could mean was the stuff of a crazed conspiracy theorist.

You said "I hope something nasty is not being planned."

You weren't discussing what may have happened but something that will happen in the future. What do you believe was being planned?
[Post edited 25 May 2017 11:03]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 11:09 - May 25 with 987 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 11:02 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

You said "I hope something nasty is not being planned."

You weren't discussing what may have happened but something that will happen in the future. What do you believe was being planned?
[Post edited 25 May 2017 11:03]

I hoped (as has been explained) that being missing, she hadn't been abducted for whatever purpose IS may have for her in the future.

It's not difficult.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 11:10 - May 25 with 987 viewsBluebell

As someone else has said, and bearing in mind what happened this time, I know that youngsters/teenagers very rarely carry ID. If they get separated from their phones, as must have happened in thsi case, it would take emergency services a while to identify them.

Everybody needs to carry so sort of ID with them. I know young girls probably don't carry bags or have pockets in all their clothes. Maybe ID bracelets are the answer.

I know it sounds awful but perhaps even and identity chip like dogs have.

Obviously everybody hopes that it would never be needed but in incidents such as this or accidents they could be vital.
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 11:22 - May 25 with 965 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:48 - May 25 by J2BLUE

I have to agree with you here. Closing any lines of investigation before they have conclusive evidence would be stupid. Perhaps they already have the evidence they need though. I think people are just annoyed with you because your first post didn't explain your point and because it's just too horrible to even imagine.

On reflection, based on the views of the less stupid than myself, I think dismissing abduction as a possibility by the heart-eating head-chopping jihadists was the right thing to do. I'd follow the more plausible line of investigation offered by Superfranz and prioritise an investigation into being run over by the 10:50pm night bus to Moss Side.

#toxic

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 11:48 - May 25 with 944 viewsElderGrizzly

Because as I said earlier, officially there were still people 'missing'. And that is the line the media was using.

Unofficially everyone had been accounted for yesterday, as I said on the first page. It just takes time to make public for a variety of reasons.

I can see why you might think what you have given ISIS's past acts of depravity, but it's a hell of a ruse to try and kill people with a suicide bomb and if that didn't get them, abduct some just in case.

Anyway, hopefully it can now be 'topic closed' as you say....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024