Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Robinson 15:53 - May 27 with 51432 viewsnoggin

I can't do links but
News coming from America of a double murder on a train. Apparently two people have been murdered on a train, for defending a muslim. The muslim was ordered off the train and the two samaritans had their throats cut.
Tweet from Tommy Robinson "The religion of peace again" He's not just a nasty racist, he's stupid too.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Tommy Robinson on 14:36 - May 29 with 3640 viewsDarth_Koont

Tommy Robinson on 14:21 - May 29 by crunchie1978

Well you entitled to your view as I am mine...12 years since 7/7 and it's getting worse...our security forces do an amazing job but what I'm saying is they should be allowed to do whatever it takes in order to keep us safe....regardless of whom it may offend.

Within the law they are allowed to do whatever it takes. They even have special anti-terrorist legislation and fairly sweeping extra powers for identified suspects.

But essentially you seem to be saying that we should defend our liberties and our children's liberties by giving them up? And probably risking even more extremists emerging anyway?

Forgive me but that's a downright stupid response to the current situation. I can understand the frustration and desire to do something else but these are the times when you need to take the right approach to minimize the real threat rather than create a bigger problem because you want to take action, no matter what.

Did you live through the IRA and Loyalist terrorism threat? Actually, a far more dangerous time for all of us in the UK. Look at how that was finally resolved. Look at how the potentially explosive tension in South Africa was defused. Of course, that's if you really want to do something to reduce the threat to our children.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tommy Robinson on 14:36 - May 29 with 3640 viewsJ2BLUE

Tommy Robinson on 14:34 - May 29 by crunchie1978

Yes I whole heartily agree they are but I'm sure that in some respects their hands are tied.
I'd say the delibrate targeting of young children at that concert is it getting worse.

Is the case the same in the US where shooters target schools?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tommy Robinson on 14:37 - May 29 with 3639 viewstcblue

Uh oh, stats and facts incoming, take cover!

Here's a graph showing terrorist attack deaths from 1970 - 2015. Hopefully you don't need a trend line.

[Post edited 29 May 2017 14:38]
on 14:42 - May 29 with 3622 views_

Tommy Robinson on 13:36 - May 29 by J2BLUE

You're going to end up in his signature...

Tommy Robinson on 14:47 - May 29 with 3599 viewscrunchie1978

Tommy Robinson on 14:36 - May 29 by Darth_Koont

Within the law they are allowed to do whatever it takes. They even have special anti-terrorist legislation and fairly sweeping extra powers for identified suspects.

But essentially you seem to be saying that we should defend our liberties and our children's liberties by giving them up? And probably risking even more extremists emerging anyway?

Forgive me but that's a downright stupid response to the current situation. I can understand the frustration and desire to do something else but these are the times when you need to take the right approach to minimize the real threat rather than create a bigger problem because you want to take action, no matter what.

Did you live through the IRA and Loyalist terrorism threat? Actually, a far more dangerous time for all of us in the UK. Look at how that was finally resolved. Look at how the potentially explosive tension in South Africa was defused. Of course, that's if you really want to do something to reduce the threat to our children.

They finally went to the table....do you think western governments could get isis to do the same...if so I'm totally for a peaceful resolve to this matter...im sorry I can't can't see it.
Tommy Robinson on 14:53 - May 29 with 3581 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 14:42 - May 29 by _

That has been his signature for over a year now I think

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 14:57 - May 29 with 3565 views_

Tommy Robinson on 14:53 - May 29 by The_Romford_Blue

That has been his signature for over a year now I think

Tommy Robinson on 15:33 - May 29 with 3521 viewsDarth_Koont

Tommy Robinson on 14:47 - May 29 by crunchie1978

They finally went to the table....do you think western governments could get isis to do the same...if so I'm totally for a peaceful resolve to this matter...im sorry I can't can't see it.

ISIS won't negotiate but you instead appeal to the support, the recruits, our British jihadists and the wider muslim community by recognizing and reconciling that a) we haven't done a great job in the Middle East and we need to improve, b) we really do have a view of modern Britain that allows for different cultures and religions and c) we need to do more for all the disenfranchised and under-represented in the UK.

All major, slow and "boring" steps that will not only make less of a breeding ground for extremism but make the UK a better place for all of us.

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Robinson on 15:57 - May 29 with 3492 viewsHerbivore

Tommy Robinson on 13:30 - May 29 by crunchie1978

What attroicty would it take to change your view?

I'm not sure what to make of that question. You don't know what my position is and you're desperately avoiding explicitly stating your own position, instead making very vague statements about wanting to stop terrorism and taking action. I think that's what everyone wants, however you seem to want a radical solution but aren't prepared to own that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tommy Robinson on 17:03 - May 29 with 3432 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Tommy Robinson on 15:33 - May 29 by Darth_Koont

ISIS won't negotiate but you instead appeal to the support, the recruits, our British jihadists and the wider muslim community by recognizing and reconciling that a) we haven't done a great job in the Middle East and we need to improve, b) we really do have a view of modern Britain that allows for different cultures and religions and c) we need to do more for all the disenfranchised and under-represented in the UK.

All major, slow and "boring" steps that will not only make less of a breeding ground for extremism but make the UK a better place for all of us.

That's all meaningless unless you can say exactly what you would do to achieve each point.
Tommy Robinson on 20:11 - May 29 with 3363 viewsHARRY10

Tommy Robinson on 17:03 - May 29 by FrowsyArmLarry

That's all meaningless unless you can say exactly what you would do to achieve each point.

Or maybe deal with those funding ISIS, a more importantly why.

What ISIS have shown is that stupidity is not confined to one country, or one continent as many on here have shown.

Fire up a load of gullible fools with 'fairy' stories from some book and allow them unrestricted behaviour and this is what happens. It happened in Spain '36-39, in much of Europe in '39-45.

Humans have a capacity for a wide range of behaviour. Remove the constraints (be they judicial or social) and all manner of horrors are possible. Read Lord of the Flies.

Deal with the cause, not the effects.
Tommy Robinson on 21:14 - May 29 with 3308 viewsDarth_Koont

Tommy Robinson on 17:03 - May 29 by FrowsyArmLarry

A) we haven't done a great job in the Middle East and we need to improve,
We need to stop playing power games in the Middle East and looking after our own interests while talking about trying to help. To that end we need to impose sanctions on Israel as we've done to Arab nations and we need to stop selling weaponry and turning a blind eye to human rights violations in Saudi Arabia. Not to mention put pressure on the Saudis to stop the funding of Wahhabist extremism. Most of all we need to stay out whenever the outcome is unclear. We need to be peace-makers rather than players.

B) we really do have a view of modern Britain that allows for different cultures and religions
I'm Scottish and I don't feel that strongly a part of Britain, its heritage and where it's heading. God knows how second- and third-generation immigrants feel. Whatever Britain is going forward we need to have a much clearer and more realistic view of of who we are and where we fit in. Limping along on the whiff of Empire and defeating the Nazis doesn't cut it. And we need politicians and pundits who are brave enough to admit that we have something of an identity crisis. Certainly an identity that needs to be discussed and rewritten for the UK and the world in the 21st century.

C) we need to do more for all the disenfranchised and under-represented in the UK
We have moved to a society where opportunity is seen as the great cure-all for all our problems. That's fine if we were all starting out from the same place - but we're not. We need more spending on social welfare, health and education to ensure that everyone feels that they are prioritized by society. At present, we have a system that primarily rewards white. middle-class and/or educated people, who happen to make up the bulk of the electorate. It's time to show those on the fringes of society that they are a priority. F@ck the feel-good narcissism of the Olympics or similar, a society can only really be proud of itself based on how it takes care of those who are in most need.

Whether these measures are the best, I don't know but that's my opinion. And you'll notice that lots of it is actually about how we talk about Britain and stop trying to cosy up to the middle-England, middle-class on every question. The social spending will be covered by not wasting money on abortive military actions.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 21:35]

Tommy Robinson on 00:42 - May 30 with 3242 viewsANNA3ROA

Tommy Robinson on 12:29 - May 29 by crunchie1978

I've just watched that clip again....he doesn't say he blames the entire Muslim population...in fact there was a Muslim standing next to him who agrees with him.

You are correct I saw Tommy Robinson Video of Luton on youtube Oxford Uni Speech a girl being attacked by Muslim mob for not being covered up in full veil what has the UK become.
Tommy Robinson on 05:24 - May 30 with 3194 viewsBenters

Tommy Robinson on 00:42 - May 30 by ANNA3ROA

You are correct I saw Tommy Robinson Video of Luton on youtube Oxford Uni Speech a girl being attacked by Muslim mob for not being covered up in full veil what has the UK become.

Really ?

The only bad vid ive seen of Luton was the 'Radical Muslims' pissing on the soldiers home coming parade,you know the soldiers of our once great country fighting for Queen and country.

End of.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Tommy Robinson on 06:21 - May 30 with 3165 viewsimsureazzure

Tommy Robinson on 21:14 - May 29 by Darth_Koont

A) we haven't done a great job in the Middle East and we need to improve,
We need to stop playing power games in the Middle East and looking after our own interests while talking about trying to help. To that end we need to impose sanctions on Israel as we've done to Arab nations and we need to stop selling weaponry and turning a blind eye to human rights violations in Saudi Arabia. Not to mention put pressure on the Saudis to stop the funding of Wahhabist extremism. Most of all we need to stay out whenever the outcome is unclear. We need to be peace-makers rather than players.

B) we really do have a view of modern Britain that allows for different cultures and religions
I'm Scottish and I don't feel that strongly a part of Britain, its heritage and where it's heading. God knows how second- and third-generation immigrants feel. Whatever Britain is going forward we need to have a much clearer and more realistic view of of who we are and where we fit in. Limping along on the whiff of Empire and defeating the Nazis doesn't cut it. And we need politicians and pundits who are brave enough to admit that we have something of an identity crisis. Certainly an identity that needs to be discussed and rewritten for the UK and the world in the 21st century.

C) we need to do more for all the disenfranchised and under-represented in the UK
We have moved to a society where opportunity is seen as the great cure-all for all our problems. That's fine if we were all starting out from the same place - but we're not. We need more spending on social welfare, health and education to ensure that everyone feels that they are prioritized by society. At present, we have a system that primarily rewards white. middle-class and/or educated people, who happen to make up the bulk of the electorate. It's time to show those on the fringes of society that they are a priority. F@ck the feel-good narcissism of the Olympics or similar, a society can only really be proud of itself based on how it takes care of those who are in most need.

Whether these measures are the best, I don't know but that's my opinion. And you'll notice that lots of it is actually about how we talk about Britain and stop trying to cosy up to the middle-England, middle-class on every question. The social spending will be covered by not wasting money on abortive military actions.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 21:35]

"we have a system that primarily rewards white. middle-class and/or educated people"

The system does not reward these groups, the reward is earnt by these groups.
Tommy Robinson on 06:33 - May 30 with 3148 viewsBenters

Tommy Robinson on 06:21 - May 30 by imsureazzure

"we have a system that primarily rewards white. middle-class and/or educated people"

I thought it was a load of waffle also.

Gentlybentley

Tommy Robinson on 06:46 - May 30 with 3133 viewsnoggin

So a black kid, growing up on the Aylesbury Estate in London, has equal oportunities to a white kid from a mews in Amersham?

- Other addresses are available.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 6:49]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

on 07:03 - May 30 with 3122 views_

Tommy Robinson on 06:33 - May 30 by Benters

I thought it was a load of waffle also.

Tommy Robinson on 07:16 - May 30 with 3104 viewsBenters

Tommy Robinson on 06:46 - May 30 by noggin

So a black kid, growing up on the Aylesbury Estate in London, has equal oportunities to a white kid from a mews in Amersham?

He has the same its how he decides to life his life thats the difference.

Talking of which that reminds me,i still havent got my school leaving certificate !

Gentlybentley

Tommy Robinson on 07:17 - May 30 with 3101 viewsBenters

on 07:03 - May 30 by _

what does that even mean?

Gentlybentley

on 07:26 - May 30 with 3087 views_

Tommy Robinson on 07:17 - May 30 by Benters

what does that even mean?

Tommy Robinson on 07:32 - May 30 with 3070 viewsHerbivore

Yeah that's just not true though.

Tommy Robinson on 07:32 - May 30 with 3067 viewsimsureazzure

Tommy Robinson on 06:46 - May 30 by noggin

They certainly have the same access to everything offered by the state, which is what my post was replying to.

In fact the education financial pot is bigger for London areas than in Suffolk.
Tommy Robinson on 07:33 - May 30 with 3059 viewsHerbivore

Tommy Robinson on 07:16 - May 30 by Benters

Talking of which that reminds me,i still havent got my school leaving certificate !

That first sentence is utter nonsense. I'm amazed people still buy that bullish!t in the 21st century. There's plenty of good quality research into inequality and the lack of social mobility in the UK.

Tommy Robinson on 07:43 - May 30 with 3043 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tommy Robinson on 07:16 - May 30 by Benters

I have to disagree

If Theresa May was born in Romford and was black, she would not be the prime minster right now. But because she's a privately schooled white girl from a posh place, she's granted the OPPORTUNITY to get into politics and then into parliament before eventually becoming PM.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024