Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK 08:29 - Jun 12 with 21541 viewsfeelingblue

I pretty much agree with every word.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/06/10/britain-the-end-of-a-fantasy/
Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:10 - Jun 13 with 3476 viewslowhouseblue

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:06 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

LOL

You're doing that stuck record thing you do when you're wrong and you don't want people to notice - preferring instead to bore people to death.

I didn't vote. I couldn't. But again, I was in favour of seeing the EU in its current form breaking up, not Britain leaving the EU per se.

and you're doing what you do when you've said something particularly stupid - dig in ever deeper. I know you didn't vote. but your line is that if you had voted you would have voted for a scam. that's fine, I'm happy to leave it there.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 10:17]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:21 - Jun 13 with 3463 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:10 - Jun 13 by lowhouseblue

and you're doing what you do when you've said something particularly stupid - dig in ever deeper. I know you didn't vote. but your line is that if you had voted you would have voted for a scam. that's fine, I'm happy to leave it there.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 10:17]

What's wrong with voting for a scam if you believe it won't amount to anything, but if it did, you would personally benefit from it?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:25 - Jun 13 with 3459 viewslowhouseblue

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:21 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

What's wrong with voting for a scam if you believe it won't amount to anything, but if it did, you would personally benefit from it?

it's good have an explicit statement of how your political morals work. from now on i'll bare this in mind when I read all your posts - you may not believe in what you're proposing, it may just serve some broader agenda. ... (I'm joking, I knew that already).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:27 - Jun 13 with 3454 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:25 - Jun 13 by lowhouseblue

it's good have an explicit statement of how your political morals work. from now on i'll bare this in mind when I read all your posts - you may not believe in what you're proposing, it may just serve some broader agenda. ... (I'm joking, I knew that already).

Will you answer the question, please.

#toxic

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 11:20 - Jun 13 with 3430 viewsblue_oyster

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:21 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

That question is so ridiculous, it sums up the position you have dug yourself into.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 11:31 - Jun 13 with 3416 viewslowhouseblue

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 10:27 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

Will you answer the question, please.

the answer of course is that it's dishonest - and people will end up distrusting everything else that you say.

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:19 - Jun 13 with 3392 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 11:20 - Jun 13 by blue_oyster

That question is so ridiculous, it sums up the position you have dug yourself into.

It's good to see that both of Lowhouseblue's logins agree with you.

#toxic

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:24 - Jun 13 with 3392 viewsgiant_stow

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:19 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

It's good to see that both of Lowhouseblue's logins agree with you.

Bad thread for you Mrs, but I'm sure you'll come back stronger.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:24 - Jun 13 with 3388 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 11:31 - Jun 13 by lowhouseblue

the answer of course is that it's dishonest - and people will end up distrusting everything else that you say.

What's dishonest about voting one way or another in an election even though you don't believe the outcome will be respected?

Surely it's the government who are dishonest here, not those that would have voted had they been able to.

Your position here is very weak and wobbly.

#toxic

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:25 - Jun 13 with 3386 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:24 - Jun 13 by giant_stow

Bad thread for you Mrs, but I'm sure you'll come back stronger.

What's dishonest about voting one way or another in an election even though you don't believe the outcome will be respected?

#toxic

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:26 - Jun 13 with 3382 viewslowhouseblue

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:24 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

Surely it's the government who are dishonest here, not those that would have voted had they been able to.

voting for something you believe is a 'cheap scam' is dishonest.

now put down your spade and step away from the hole.

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:41 - Jun 13 with 3365 viewsNo9

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:24 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

If you mean tactical voting, it is allowed
Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 15:00 - Jun 13 with 3339 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 12:41 - Jun 13 by No9

If you mean tactical voting, it is allowed

I can't win, it seems.

Lowhouse has in the past disagreed with my views on not voting despite my reasons being principled. Now, in a hypothetical situation where I would vote because I think the consequences of me doing so would be positive for my daughter, even though the I believe the vote itself was a cheap, populist vote-winning scam (in the sense that a win for Brexit will not be honoured), I'm dishonest.

#lollipops
#itlookslikeCILwasrightaboutBrexitallalong
#burnthewitch

#toxic

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 15:22 - Jun 13 with 3327 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 15:00 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

I can't win, it seems.

Lowhouse has in the past disagreed with my views on not voting despite my reasons being principled. Now, in a hypothetical situation where I would vote because I think the consequences of me doing so would be positive for my daughter, even though the I believe the vote itself was a cheap, populist vote-winning scam (in the sense that a win for Brexit will not be honoured), I'm dishonest.

#lollipops
#itlookslikeCILwasrightaboutBrexitallalong
#burnthewitch

You are having a mare. Stop digging.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 16:00 - Jun 13 with 3312 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 15:22 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

You are having a mare. Stop digging.

It's entirely understandable for people like you and a couple of others, who have been crowing so publicly and for so long about something only to be brought crashing down so unceremoniously, to lash out in anger at someone for reasons which make no sense.

It's understandable, but still absolutely hilarious.

#>100seatsmajority
#unelectableagainsttheweekestelectoralcampaignever
#verysorebottom
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 16:01]

#toxic

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 16:03 - Jun 13 with 3304 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 16:00 - Jun 13 by caught-in-limbo

It's entirely understandable for people like you and a couple of others, who have been crowing so publicly and for so long about something only to be brought crashing down so unceremoniously, to lash out in anger at someone for reasons which make no sense.

It's understandable, but still absolutely hilarious.

#>100seatsmajority
#unelectableagainsttheweekestelectoralcampaignever
#verysorebottom
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 16:01]

Lash out in anger? Deary me.

I have the good grace to hold up my hands over my election predictions. You on the other hand......

[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 16:17]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 16:06 - Jun 13 with 3301 viewsArcher4721

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 16:03 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

I have the good grace to hold up my hands over my election predictions. You on the other hand......

"I have the good grace to put my hands over my election predictions?"

You have your hands on your cock?
Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 17:10 - Jun 13 with 3281 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brilliant summary of recent events in the UK on 16:03 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

The only thing I've predicted is that Brexit won't happen.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024