Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... 15:43 - Jul 31 with 43387 viewsKieran_Knows

... it should get done according to Alan Nixon (journo) on tw@tter.

EDIT - its a permanent deal as well.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 15:46]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 7519 viewsjas0999

Believable until you mentioned permanent deal!
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:48 - Jul 31 with 7484 viewsGiveusaWave

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:45 - Jul 31 by jas0999

Believable until you mentioned permanent deal!

If it's Jamie Thomas, it might be believable Jas. Burnley have been trying to offload him for a while according to the little research I've done, Ayr Utd signed him up on a 6 month contract with view to a permanent but cut the deal short.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:54 - Jul 31 with 7405 viewschicoazul

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:07 - Jul 31 by The_Last_Baron

I have no recollection of Macken ever playing for us.

Scored against Colchester!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 7385 viewschicoazul

Who is the guy at Liverpool who is permanent injured? Signed him from Burnley? Maybe him on loan. Would need games i would have thought.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:58 - Jul 31 with 7358 viewsLimitlessBlue

some of the chatter on this thread is hilarious! - trouser tent city! - i'd not heard trouser-tent for a while comedy gold! - cocks away boys nothing announced as yet!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:04 - Jul 31 with 7293 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:55 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

Who is the guy at Liverpool who is permanent injured? Signed him from Burnley? Maybe him on loan. Would need games i would have thought.

Danny Ings?

That's even more unrealistic than Vokes!

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:13 - Jul 31 with 7220 viewsTIB

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 16:53 - Jul 31 by JakeITFC

Young, very highly thought of at Burnley so I'd be surprised (be nice to get him though).

He was linked in January and the season before that I believe.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ipswich-eyeing-burnley-striker-dan-agyei-

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:14 - Jul 31 with 7212 viewsClausThomsen

Well, I hope this is true and player is well over 6 foot.
Login to get fewer ads

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:15 - Jul 31 with 7210 viewsMedwayTractor

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:07 - Jul 31 by The_Last_Baron

On loan from Palace in 2006/2007 season, 14 games, 3 goals.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:26 - Jul 31 with 7086 viewsbrogansnose

I can recall him scoring for Barnsley at their place when Roysie was in charge.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:32 - Jul 31 with 7026 viewsBlueBadger

My old man described him as 'game, but not very good'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:34 - Jul 31 with 6999 viewsRimmersBrace

It's Tomer Hemed from Brighton. Don't know much about him to be honest.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:36 - Jul 31 with 6974 viewstractorboy2000

List of strikers aged 23-30 (fits mid career criteria) in the Premier League:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/marktwerte/wettbewerb/GB1/plus//g
If you put the transfer values in ascending order you realize there's not that many to choose from in our price bracket

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:37 - Jul 31 with 6958 viewspointofblue

Vokes will have to have a real love of Mick to come us and he won't be too impressed if we sack him shortly after he joins if so. In the current climate he can't be sure he'll be managed by McCarthy for long.

Barnes - never going to happen.

The likes of Agyei, Sinclair and McBurnie are hardly what I would call 'mid career'; they're starting out.

I guess Hemed is a possibility but I think he'll be ahead of Baldock in the pecking order; the latter's more likely.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:21 - Jul 31 with 6681 viewsjrobot

I hope it's not Frazier Campbell.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 6656 viewsNazemariner

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 17:27 - Jul 31 by textbackup

It's gonna be Carlton Cole, I just feel it

I think he'd do a job for us
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:26 - Jul 31 with 6639 viewsITFCson

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 16:43 - Jul 31 by TheDailyTractor

In my opinion the type of player we desperately need.

Not sure he was being serious, at today's prices he would cost around 10 mil
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:28 - Jul 31 with 6616 viewsKieran_Knows

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:21 - Jul 31 by jrobot

I hope it's not Frazier Campbell.

Has already joined Hull.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:30 - Jul 31 with 6590 viewspointofblue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 16:56 - Jul 31 by Devereuxxx

Stuart Watson just had a whazz on the fire by saying contacts inside the club have told him only enquiries are in at the moment, nothing concrete.

But then again, they would say that.

I can just imagine the club's "enquiries".

"Are you looking to sell X at the moment?"
"Why, yes?"
"For a million or less?"
"Hell, no."
"Ah... sorry for bothering you."

I seem to remember Watson saying that we had other irons in the fire when we missed out on Bodvarsson - I assume they must be molten now as that was three weeks ago.

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:32 - Jul 31 with 6584 viewsSomethingBlue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:37 - Jul 31 by pointofblue

Vokes will have to have a real love of Mick to come us and he won't be too impressed if we sack him shortly after he joins if so. In the current climate he can't be sure he'll be managed by McCarthy for long.

Barnes - never going to happen.

The likes of Agyei, Sinclair and McBurnie are hardly what I would call 'mid career'; they're starting out.

I guess Hemed is a possibility but I think he'll be ahead of Baldock in the pecking order; the latter's more likely.

It's very hard to think of someone in the "mid-career" bracket. Vokes would transform our team but ... I mean ... come on. I still think Robson-Kanu. Can play in several positions, like Bodvarsson, will want regular football at his age and simply isn't good enough to command a huge fee.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:37 - Jul 31 with 6522 viewsITFCBlues

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:32 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

It's very hard to think of someone in the "mid-career" bracket. Vokes would transform our team but ... I mean ... come on. I still think Robson-Kanu. Can play in several positions, like Bodvarsson, will want regular football at his age and simply isn't good enough to command a huge fee.

He's on MASSIVE money at WBA

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:37 - Jul 31 with 6523 viewspointofblue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:32 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

I don't think he's Tony Pulis' favourite player either so I wouldn't be surprised if West Brom were looking to offload. I can't see him wanting to take a pay cut though, unless the Baggies agree to pay the rest of his contract off.

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:38 - Jul 31 with 6516 viewsHerbivore

Wickham is coming home. Def info.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:39 - Jul 31 with 6507 viewsVic

If it's a perm then it won't be anyone of note.

Not excited by this one.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:43 - Jul 31 with 6461 viewspointofblue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 19:38 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Wickham is coming home. Def info.

I did wonder whether Palace would loan him out; don't think he'd sign permanently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024