Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... 15:43 - Jul 31 with 43391 viewsKieran_Knows

... it should get done according to Alan Nixon (journo) on tw@tter.

EDIT - its a permanent deal as well.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 15:46]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 21:57 - Jul 31 with 4592 viewsTheDailyTractor

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 21:40 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

Hopefully they'll just roll with it

Wasn't expecting it. But this got me.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 21:58 - Jul 31 with 4585 viewsHerbivore

It shows how desperate we are that we're jumping on a Twitter rumour from a journalist who writes transfer rumours for the Sun.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:02 - Jul 31 with 4525 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 18:36 - Jul 31 by tractorboy2000

List of strikers aged 23-30 (fits mid career criteria) in the Premier League:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/marktwerte/wettbewerb/GB1/plus//g
If you put the transfer values in ascending order you realize there's not that many to choose from in our price bracket

That list suggests that Spurs only have 2 mid career strikers in their whole squad. I don't think its complete.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:03 - Jul 31 with 4518 viewsSomethingBlue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 21:58 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

It shows how desperate we are that we're jumping on a Twitter rumour from a journalist who writes transfer rumours for the Sun.

Nixon is good TBF. But that's not to say he is right all the time.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:04 - Jul 31 with 4511 viewswkj

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 21:58 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

To be fair i think most of us are desperate for even a whiff of some positive news given the confidence dent that Saturday bought

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:06 - Jul 31 with 4477 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Im not sure I believe him tbh.

That line at the end 'should get done' would suggest he knows everything about the deal and the stance of all three parties.

Though I want to believe it's Hemed. Or Gallagher.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:16 - Jul 31 with 4364 viewsitfcbw

I have had notifications for Nixon's tweets turned on for a good year now because he is very good and typically one of the first to break transfer news, especially in the championship and lower leagues. I'm interested to see who it is we're in for, he does seem to know a lot of information about clubs in Lancashire, particularly Blackburn, Bolton and Burnley. This makes me think it may well be Ashley Barnes if he knows about it
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:34 - Jul 31 with 4231 viewsitfcjoe

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:06 - Jul 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Im not sure I believe him tbh.

That line at the end 'should get done' would suggest he knows everything about the deal and the stance of all three parties.

Though I want to believe it's Hemed. Or Gallagher.

Hemed is out of our price range

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:37 - Jul 31 with 4202 viewsITFCBlues

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:34 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

How much you think he'd cost?

Any prem squad player is out of our price range surely?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:39 - Jul 31 with 4196 viewstheinbetweener

My guess is Chris Long, Burnley. 22, on loan at Bolton last year.
And on loan to..... on 22:42 - Jul 31 with 4173 viewsBloots

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:39 - Jul 31 by theinbetweener

....Northampton this year.

Guess again.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:42 - Jul 31 with 4172 viewsketton_itfc

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:39 - Jul 31 by theinbetweener

On loan at Northampton...
And on loan to..... on 22:43 - Jul 31 with 4162 viewstheinbetweener

And on loan to..... on 22:42 - Jul 31 by Bloots

....Northampton this year.

Guess again.

My bad!
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:45 - Jul 31 with 4142 viewspointofblue

Gudmundsson from Burnley? Is at his 'peak', can play out wide as well as up front, would think he'd be pushed out by Walters, his record would hardly have other clubs sniffing around... around £2m seems about right in the current inflated market.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:47 - Jul 31 with 4122 viewstractorboy1978

Agree, although I'd assumed Barnes would be as well. It's quite depressing that "mid career Premiership striker" with our budget in mind leaves me completely stumped.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:48 - Jul 31 with 4112 viewsSomethingBlue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 22:45 - Jul 31 by pointofblue

Gudmundsson from Burnley? Is at his 'peak', can play out wide as well as up front, would think he'd be pushed out by Walters, his record would hardly have other clubs sniffing around... around £2m seems about right in the current inflated market.

I'd massively take that and I don't think he has a big future in their first-team ... doesn't really play down the middle as a striker though. If Nixon is making a pun with "good sort" though, I'll doff my cap...
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 22:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 23:48 - Jul 31 with 3907 viewsJimmy86

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 20:59 - Jul 31 by WestSussexBlue

It's Glenn Murray.

Reading are interested in Wells for 10 million so I think we can forget that 1 straight away.

My immediate guess was Glenn Murray, as he's decent enough in the championship, but not the prem and he's now what 32 or 33.

If it's from prem and a perm, it's not going to be anyone mega is it
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 23:54 - Jul 31 with 3885 viewspointofblue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 23:48 - Jul 31 by Jimmy86

Reading are interested in Wells for 10 million so I think we can forget that 1 straight away.

My immediate guess was Glenn Murray, as he's decent enough in the championship, but not the prem and he's now what 32 or 33.

If it's from prem and a perm, it's not going to be anyone mega is it

Murray was Brighton's top scorer last season. I don't think they'll let him go and rely on new signings until they're bedded in... and if they do it'll be for more than £2m. Murphy went for £3m after all.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 06:57 - Aug 1 with 3620 viewsconnorscontract

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 21:39 - Jul 31 by Mullet

Phil and Hoppy will go to war if we sign a player with a name like that.

You mean they'll have a Bunn fight?

Phil would get a right cob on.

Hoppy would go barm-y.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 08:26 - Aug 1 with 3283 viewsRimmersBrace

It's £4m.
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 08:47 - Aug 1 with 3135 viewswillsyt

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 08:26 - Aug 1 by RimmersBrace

It's £4m.

Harry Bunn it is. (Nixon twitter).
Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 09:05 - Aug 1 with 3071 viewsLimitlessBlue

Town have offer in for Prem squad striker... on 08:47 - Aug 1 by willsyt

Harry Bunn it is. (Nixon twitter).

has everyone's erection now gone down as it has been announced it isn't even a striker.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024