Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't shoot the messenger... 09:01 - Aug 18 with 11148 viewsitfcjoe

...but just heard from a very good source that Chambo is now out for a month

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:51 - Aug 18 with 1107 viewschicoazul

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:36 - Aug 18 by King_of_Portman_Rd

We don't have the finance (or stature) unfortunately to be able to attract anyone decent to come in and be 3rd or 4th choice.. particularly in Central Defence where, in general you don't shuffle the side much and Mick is renowned for sticking with his 1st choice defence regardless of form.

When you look at the subs benches (and in the stands) at some clubs they're spending fortunes, we don't have that luxury and we've utilised what finances we have to assemble a strong 15/16 man first team.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 10:37]

Yup. Gotta put your investments where they will pay off. Having a 4th choice experienced decent CB just isnt an option if you want Waghorn.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 1091 viewsitfcjoe

on 10:04 - Aug 18 by _

I just don't think Taylor would have been worthwhile - hard to have a back up who has such a terrible injury record as chances are when you need him he won't be ready.

My post about Digby the other day seems more relevant - we haven't got a developmental CB on the books that Mick trusts. That's an issue for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 11:11 - Aug 18 with 1061 views_

Don't shoot the messenger... on 11:02 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

I just don't think Taylor would have been worthwhile - hard to have a back up who has such a terrible injury record as chances are when you need him he won't be ready.

My post about Digby the other day seems more relevant - we haven't got a developmental CB on the books that Mick trusts. That's an issue for me

Don't shoot the messenger... on 12:46 - Aug 18 with 1001 viewsBlueNomad

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:30 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

There was never an issue with having Emmanuel go out on loan. He was 3rd choice at RB and needs games to improve. But we should still have signed a 4th CB

I suspect work has been ongoing to get another CB. There are, after all, two weeks of the transfer window left open and they will be busy everywhere. It is just that in the past week we have suddenly hit a crisis.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024