Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't shoot the messenger... 09:01 - Aug 18 with 11126 viewsitfcjoe

...but just heard from a very good source that Chambo is now out for a month

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:36 - Aug 18 with 4370 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:19 - Aug 18 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Would have to be something pretty bad to keep Chambo out considering he played with broken ribs and a small break in his ankle last year.

Even if we get someone in today, that player is literally going to be thrown in the deep end tomorrow.

Wonder whether we could go 5 at the back tomorrow with Kenlock, Knudsen, Iorfa, Spence and maybe use Ward at right back as Mick has eluded to in the past? Think even Nydam can play left back too if Mick does not trust Kenlock at the min so we have a few options to play if it comes to it.

Would depend on who is fit in midfield though.

Sounds like we are going to be well up against it tomorrow if this is true.

Guessing Skuse will take the armband in his absence??
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 9:23]

Skuse CB?
Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:40 - Aug 18 with 4355 viewsHeathlander

Bart
Iorfa Spence Knudsen Kenlock
Waggy Skuse Downes Ward
Didzy Garner

Problem sorted.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 9:40]
Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:40 - Aug 18 with 4352 viewsITFC_Forever

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:19 - Aug 18 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Would have to be something pretty bad to keep Chambo out considering he played with broken ribs and a small break in his ankle last year.

Even if we get someone in today, that player is literally going to be thrown in the deep end tomorrow.

Wonder whether we could go 5 at the back tomorrow with Kenlock, Knudsen, Iorfa, Spence and maybe use Ward at right back as Mick has eluded to in the past? Think even Nydam can play left back too if Mick does not trust Kenlock at the min so we have a few options to play if it comes to it.

Would depend on who is fit in midfield though.

Sounds like we are going to be well up against it tomorrow if this is true.

Guessing Skuse will take the armband in his absence??
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 9:23]

Whoever comes in today might be more with a view to the Palace and Fulham games as much as anything and he would be more likely to be on the bench tomorrow.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:43 - Aug 18 with 4337 viewsITFCBlues

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:40 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Forever

Whoever comes in today might be more with a view to the Palace and Fulham games as much as anything and he would be more likely to be on the bench tomorrow.

We're not really in a position for a CB to be able to come in and. It go straight into the first team though are we? If we get one in, he will start tomorrow!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:44 - Aug 18 with 4329 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:36 - Aug 18 by OsborneOneNil

Skuse CB?

Did wonder about this myself, I dont think he is good enough in the air though unfortunately.

Did play RB at Bristol though. Think we will need him even more in midfield tomorrow though, Downes too if he is fit.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:51 - Aug 18 with 4286 viewsReuser_is_God

Skuse CB?

Possibly but then we'd be short in CM

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:52 - Aug 18 with 4281 viewschicoazul

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:06 - Aug 18 by SomethingBlue

Our recurrent injury problems are something that needs looking into, I think, because it's getting past the point of being unfortunate coincidence.

Exactly, I'd love to know how many of these injuries are collisions or muscle/tendon problems (to say nothing of sickness that always seems to be going around).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:53 - Aug 18 with 4269 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:51 - Aug 18 by Reuser_is_God

Possibly but then we'd be short in CM

I think Mick's recalled Kieffer Moore to fill in at CB tomorrow ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:56 - Aug 18 with 4239 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Skuse CB?

Interesting article in the Express today with Skuse where he talks about playing in a back 3

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/842657/EFL-QA-Cole-Skuse-Ipswich-Town-Fa

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:58 - Aug 18 with 4213 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:30 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

There was never an issue with having Emmanuel go out on loan. He was 3rd choice at RB and needs games to improve. But we should still have signed a 4th CB

God, we need 2 CB's in by tomorrow lol.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 4181 views_

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:06 - Aug 18 with 4161 viewsKieran_Knows

Talks with a player at an advanced stage, loan signing must be registered by 12pm today.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-face-race-to-sign-a-defender-after-news

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 10:09 - Aug 18 with 4143 views_

Skuse CB?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:11 - Aug 18 with 4123 viewsITFC_Forever

on 10:04 - Aug 18 by _

That would have made 4 injured CBs.....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:13 - Aug 18 with 4102 viewschicoazul

on 10:04 - Aug 18 by _

Because you knew this injury crisis would happen?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:17 - Aug 18 with 4078 viewsSteve_M

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:52 - Aug 18 by chicoazul

Exactly, I'd love to know how many of these injuries are collisions or muscle/tendon problems (to say nothing of sickness that always seems to be going around).

Well, Webster got injured colliding with Chambers at Luton and Chambers went down after a collision at a corner.

Smith does fir the pattern of injuries seemingly sustained in training which is a slight concern.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:20 - Aug 18 with 4057 viewsBluefish

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:17 - Aug 18 by Steve_M

Well, Webster got injured colliding with Chambers at Luton and Chambers went down after a collision at a corner.

Smith does fir the pattern of injuries seemingly sustained in training which is a slight concern.

Ah yes but if our players had better training they wouldn't get sick bugs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:20 - Aug 18 with 4049 viewschicoazul

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:17 - Aug 18 by Steve_M

Aye yeah. Hyam seems just super unlucky and the collisions you mentioned are fair play but Huwes, Bishop, Adeyemi, Smith all bear investigating. Maybe I have been listening to Verheijen too much though.

EDIT: Cellina too.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 10:23]

on 10:21 - Aug 18 with 4039 views_

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:13 - Aug 18 by chicoazul

Because you knew this injury crisis would happen?

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:21 - Aug 18 with 4033 viewschicoazul

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:20 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

Ah yes but if our players had better training they wouldn't get sick bugs

Or maybe our quarantine process is rubbish? It's just a conversation.

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:23 - Aug 18 with 4017 viewschicoazul

on 10:21 - Aug 18 by _

Mick brought in Iorfa and Spence and had Knudsen so there's your emergency CBs. This current situation is pretty unprecedented and you can't stockpile players for every eventuality.

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:30 - Aug 18 with 3978 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Don't shoot the messenger... on 09:40 - Aug 18 by Heathlander

Bart
Iorfa Spence Knudsen Kenlock
Waggy Skuse Downes Ward
Didzy Garner

Problem sorted.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 9:40]

OMG
The way things are going we need a squad of 50
on 10:34 - Aug 18 with 3957 views_

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:23 - Aug 18 by chicoazul

Mick brought in Iorfa and Spence and had Knudsen so there's your emergency CBs. This current situation is pretty unprecedented and you can't stockpile players for every eventuality.

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:35 - Aug 18 with 3941 viewsGuthrum

Bring in Wolfenden, sit Chambers in a wheelchair behind the goal with a megaphone giving orders and directions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:36 - Aug 18 with 3934 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Don't shoot the messenger... on 10:23 - Aug 18 by chicoazul

We don't have the finance (or stature) unfortunately to be able to attract anyone decent to come in and be 3rd or 4th choice.. particularly in Central Defence where, in general you don't shuffle the side much and Mick is renowned for sticking with his 1st choice defence regardless of form.

When you look at the subs benches (and in the stands) at some clubs they're spending fortunes, we don't have that luxury and we've utilised what finances we have to assemble a strong 15/16 man first team.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 10:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024