Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a confession to make.... 11:28 - Dec 20 with 13614 viewsitfcjoe

....I think I'm in love with Pep Guardiola. I haven't told my wife yet.

What I'd give to have him here, he is just brilliant and oozes coolness

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I have a confession to make.... on 11:30 - Dec 20 with 8197 viewsKieran_Knows

Ha, he's very good indeed. I do wonder if he will stay at City for a long time and build a 'legacy' as such. Let's not forget he was 'only' at Barca and Bayern for 4 & 3 years respectively. Almost like he left Bayern because he became bored (which is understandable as they are so far ahead of anyone else in Germany), but just wonder whether that'll be the case at City in 2/3 years time?

That said, I can't really think there will be that many other teams which he'd want to go too... unless he wants a crack with a club in somewhere like Italy.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I have a confession to make.... on 11:32 - Dec 20 with 8190 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Monopoly Manager though isn't he?!

I must admit I've always liked him (it's hard not too) as his teams always play fantastic football and he comes across quite well, but the British media collectively w*%king themselves off over him is over doing it in my opinion.

Lets just enjoy what is a fantastic side playing some of the most entertaining football the league has seen in years and see where it goes..
I have a confession to make.... on 11:36 - Dec 20 with 8173 viewsIllinoisblue

Unlimited millions to spend probably helps. I would love to see one of these big name managers take a “project” in the lower leagues and really see how good they are.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I have a confession to make.... on 11:39 - Dec 20 with 8153 viewsjimsymBLUE

I have a confession to make.... on 11:36 - Dec 20 by Illinoisblue

Unlimited millions to spend probably helps. I would love to see one of these big name managers take a “project” in the lower leagues and really see how good they are.

Agreed, I do think it would have been harder not to wins with the teams he's managed and money he's spent thus far. However his track record for improving players can't be denied. Stones, Otamendi, Steling and Sane have come on leaps and bounds under his stewardship and even Fabien Delph doesn't look appalling. Top coach and a joy to watch his teams.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

I have a confession to make.... on 11:41 - Dec 20 with 8136 viewsJakeITFC

Well you’re behind me in the line.
I have a confession to make.... on 11:44 - Dec 20 with 8131 viewshype313

For me this says it all, let’s stop with the ‘could Pep do it at Stoke’, it’s such a boll0cks notion. No one asks if Zuckerberg could do it at Myspace, and no one asks if Obama could have done it in Venezuela. You play the cards you’re dealt. Pep doesn’t need to manage Stoke to satisfy Barry from Bradford who thinks you can only be a success if your ideas can translate to sh1te players.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I have a confession to make.... on 11:47 - Dec 20 with 8102 viewsBlueBadger

Money helps good managers, certainly. It generally makes bad managers into expensive failures rather than merely failures. It should also be noted that Mourinho won the champions league with Porto, who were considerably underfunded compared with their peers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I have a confession to make.... on 11:50 - Dec 20 with 8082 viewsBluefish

Very similar to mick in that way

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

I have a confession to make.... on 11:53 - Dec 20 with 8076 viewsIllinoisblue

I have a confession to make.... on 11:44 - Dec 20 by hype313

For me this says it all, let’s stop with the ‘could Pep do it at Stoke’, it’s such a boll0cks notion. No one asks if Zuckerberg could do it at Myspace, and no one asks if Obama could have done it in Venezuela. You play the cards you’re dealt. Pep doesn’t need to manage Stoke to satisfy Barry from Bradford who thinks you can only be a success if your ideas can translate to sh1te players.

Two rather bizarre analogies there!

62 - 78 - 81

I have a confession to make.... on 11:55 - Dec 20 with 8066 viewsKieran_Knows

I have a confession to make.... on 11:44 - Dec 20 by hype313

Can Obama do it on a cold windy night in Stoke though?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I have a confession to make.... on 11:57 - Dec 20 with 8061 viewsNo9

He is currently changing the face of English football, for the better
I have a confession to make.... on 11:58 - Dec 20 with 8068 viewsitfcjoe

This is a really interesting (long) read about the 'Man City project'

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/15/manchester-city-football-group-ferr
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 12:08]

I have a confession to make.... on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 8056 viewsitfcjoe

I have a confession to make.... on 11:32 - Dec 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Monopoly Manager though isn't he?!

I must admit I've always liked him (it's hard not too) as his teams always play fantastic football and he comes across quite well, but the British media collectively w*%king themselves off over him is over doing it in my opinion.

Lets just enjoy what is a fantastic side playing some of the most entertaining football the league has seen in years and see where it goes..

I heard an interesting comment about Jose Mourinho on the Football Ramble yesterday...

Compared him to what was said to Malcolm Tucker on the Thick of it....."You've gone from someone that everybody loves to hate, to someone they just hate"

The difference between pep and Jose may be a bit exaggerated at the moment, but I'm certainly on #TeamPep

I have a confession to make.... on 12:03 - Dec 20 with 8041 viewsitfcjoe

I have a confession to make.... on 11:39 - Dec 20 by jimsymBLUE

Agreed, I do think it would have been harder not to wins with the teams he's managed and money he's spent thus far. However his track record for improving players can't be denied. Stones, Otamendi, Steling and Sane have come on leaps and bounds under his stewardship and even Fabien Delph doesn't look appalling. Top coach and a joy to watch his teams.

I think that makes a difference if your Celtic and no-one else in your league can compete - or even Bayern (or Barca to an extent), but the PL is so much more competitive, you've got Everton spending £50m on a signing before you even consider what the big 6 have spent.

Man City haven't bought the title like Blackburn did back in the day, they probably aren't even spending the most in the league and are absolutely wiping the floor with Man U who are, and in style.

I have a confession to make.... on 12:07 - Dec 20 with 8014 viewsBluefish

I have a confession to make.... on 12:00 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

I heard an interesting comment about Jose Mourinho on the Football Ramble yesterday...

Compared him to what was said to Malcolm Tucker on the Thick of it....."You've gone from someone that everybody loves to hate, to someone they just hate"

The difference between pep and Jose may be a bit exaggerated at the moment, but I'm certainly on #TeamPep

I thought of Jose as soon as I read the start of the thread. He used to be viewed in the same way and to a degree so did wenger. The stresses and strains have their toll and the novelty factor wears off though.

At the moment I have a crush on pep though

I have a confession to make.... on 12:26 - Dec 20 with 7980 viewsIllinoisblue

I have a confession to make.... on 11:58 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

This is a really interesting (long) read about the 'Man City project'

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/15/manchester-city-football-group-ferr
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 12:08]

Here’s a long read on the wholly upstanding fine men financing City:
https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-so

62 - 78 - 81

I have a confession to make.... on 12:30 - Dec 20 with 7953 viewsIllinoisblue

I have a confession to make.... on 11:57 - Dec 20 by No9

He is currently changing the face of English football, for the better

Is his football really better than Liverpool in the 80s, Arsenal’s invincibles, or Utd’s treble side of 99?

62 - 78 - 81

I have a confession to make.... on 12:48 - Dec 20 with 7886 viewstextbackup

Wears stone island in the bench, thumbs up from me regardless of anything else

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I have a confession to make.... on 12:49 - Dec 20 with 7884 viewsIllinoisblue

I have a confession to make.... on 12:00 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

good point about Jose. He's done the unthinkable and become even more insufferable than he was in the closing stages of his Chelsea career.

62 - 78 - 81

I have a confession to make.... on 12:50 - Dec 20 with 7878 viewstextbackup

I have a confession to make.... on 11:50 - Dec 20 by Bluefish

Very similar to mick in that way

The only thing MM and pep have in common is they both have cock and balls

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I have a confession to make.... on 12:58 - Dec 20 with 7852 viewsBluefish

I have a confession to make.... on 12:50 - Dec 20 by textbackup

The only thing MM and pep have in common is they both have cock and balls

And they ooze style and class. Men want to be them and women (and lots of men) want to be with them.

Don't fight it texters.

Anyway I will be sh*tfaced for the Derby game, are you coming for a beer?

I have a confession to make.... on 13:01 - Dec 20 with 7852 viewsSwansea_Blue

I would argue that taking a project at the top table, with all the egos to manage, expectation and pressure to deal with, etc., is harder. Which is why there are so few managers like Pep who are such hot property.

You only have to look what happened to Urnited after Fergie left to see that it's not easy to manage those big clubs.

Pep's done wonders at City.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have a confession to make.... on 13:05 - Dec 20 with 7838 viewsdavblue

Can’t believe it’s taken you this long.

Such a clever manager was always going to do very well at City, he’s a visionary, he transcends football.
I have a confession to make.... on 13:08 - Dec 20 with 7835 viewsJ2BLUE

I like his passion for the game and the way he treats his players (the ones he likes). I don't like his whinging when something goes against him. All the top foreign managers are super cool when things are going right but as soon as something goes against them they flip 180. Pochettino the exception.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I have a confession to make.... on 13:25 - Dec 20 with 7813 viewsitfcjoe

I have a confession to make.... on 12:30 - Dec 20 by Illinoisblue

Is his football really better than Liverpool in the 80s, Arsenal’s invincibles, or Utd’s treble side of 99?

It's the best I've seen, and I was a big fan of United's treble winning team.

Ultimately, until they win something a lot of this is premature, but the way he is going about things is revulotionary

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024