Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go 13:14 - Jan 3 with 7025 viewstractordownsouth

I present to you his scoring record after that first spell at Woking and before we released him

9 goals in 34 games in the conference
1 goal in 10 games across L1/L2

Imagine if we had signed a player that summer who scored 10 goals in 44 games in the lower leagues? There would have been meltdown, possibly worse than when we signed Kieffer. I bet all you melts sticking the boot into Mick for not giving him a new contract would have been the first ones to complain had we signed a player with that record.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:16 - Jan 3 with 5836 viewsJ2BLUE

Joe has a convincing argument against those numbers but I still don't think it was a mistake letting him go. The player he is now isn't the player he was then. Back then he seemed more interested in posing on Twitter with his girlfriend. I think Phil said it best when he said he seems to be one of those players who needed to drop down the leagues to get a wake up call.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:16 - Jan 3 with 5829 viewsKieran_Knows

I don’t think that’s quite the point though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:18 - Jan 3 with 5815 viewsGrahamHarbey

Totally agree!

Just wait until James Alabi or Ronan Murray start to tear it up - there'll be a meltdown on here ;)

The amount of fans that left on 70 odd minutes last night was embarrassing - but sums up the mentality on the whole!

Just support the team, no matter what!
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:24 - Jan 3 with 5784 viewsFtnfwest

well 2
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:24 - Jan 3 with 5780 viewstractordownsouth

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:16 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

Joe has a convincing argument against those numbers but I still don't think it was a mistake letting him go. The player he is now isn't the player he was then. Back then he seemed more interested in posing on Twitter with his girlfriend. I think Phil said it best when he said he seems to be one of those players who needed to drop down the leagues to get a wake up call.

Yeah it's just one of those those things. Every club has one who slipped through the net like Vardy at Sheffield Wednesday and Austin at Reading.

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:28 - Jan 3 with 5762 viewstractordownsouth

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:18 - Jan 3 by GrahamHarbey

Totally agree!

Just wait until James Alabi or Ronan Murray start to tear it up - there'll be a meltdown on here ;)

The amount of fans that left on 70 odd minutes last night was embarrassing - but sums up the mentality on the whole!

Ronan Murray, forgot about him 😂

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:45 - Jan 3 with 5729 viewsitfcjoe

I think you miss the point - and nearly all those league appearances were from the bench also.

Try maybe watching the players play rather than arbitrarily looking back at stats

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:51 - Jan 3 with 5687 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:18 - Jan 3 by GrahamHarbey

Totally agree!

How’s Caolan Lavery getting on these days?

I was one of those fans btw. I don’t often do it, but the opportunity to catch the 10:30 train from Liverpool St and get into Ipswich an hour earlier than if I watched the last throes of a heavy defeat was too good to miss
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:51]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:52 - Jan 3 with 5675 viewsJohnny_Boy

I thought we were all led to believe MM is able to spot talent a mile away.

I mean, Mick enjoys telling all us fans he's a "Football Man".
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:55 - Jan 3 with 5653 viewsRadlett_blue

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:51 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

How’s Caolan Lavery getting on these days?

I was one of those fans btw. I don’t often do it, but the opportunity to catch the 10:30 train from Liverpool St and get into Ipswich an hour earlier than if I watched the last throes of a heavy defeat was too good to miss
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:51]

I left early. I don't usually but the game was clearly up with us demoralised, 4-1 down & down to 10 men. Why stay to watch Fulham play keep-ball for 20 minutes or, worse, watch Town get completely humiliated?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:58 - Jan 3 with 5652 viewsJohnny_Boy

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:45 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

I think you miss the point - and nearly all those league appearances were from the bench also.

Try maybe watching the players play rather than arbitrarily looking back at stats

With hindsight, I sincerely doubt Marriott couldn't have done much worse in the squad than dear old Frank Nouble & his 4 goals in 56 appearances between 2013-15. Cheaper wages I'd expect too.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 13:59]
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:01 - Jan 3 with 5634 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:58 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

With hindsight, I sincerely doubt Marriott couldn't have done much worse in the squad than dear old Frank Nouble & his 4 goals in 56 appearances between 2013-15. Cheaper wages I'd expect too.

Given that Nouble played a fair amount of those games out wide, a position Marriott is completely unsuited to and would have been even more unsuited to as a young player learning his trade, I think we can safely disregard your hindsight on this one

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:01 - Jan 3 with 5630 viewsRadlett_blue

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:58 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

Hindsight is the key word. Could have turned out like Darryl Knights, who has a remarkably detailed Wikipedia account of his glittering career.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Knights

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:04 - Jan 3 with 5610 viewsJohnny_Boy

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:01 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given that Nouble played a fair amount of those games out wide, a position Marriott is completely unsuited to and would have been even more unsuited to as a young player learning his trade, I think we can safely disregard your hindsight on this one

Again...you are implying he'd have been unsuited to do that.
Like Sears you mean? Yet MM carries on doing it.

Marriott never got the chance. So you can't say he wouldn't or couldn't have adapted.
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:08 - Jan 3 with 5596 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:04 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

Again...you are implying he'd have been unsuited to do that.
Like Sears you mean? Yet MM carries on doing it.

Marriott never got the chance. So you can't say he wouldn't or couldn't have adapted.

You’ve never actually seen Marriott play, have you? 😂

Sears isn’t unsuited to being a wide forward. It’s when he was played wide as an emergency winger in a 442 that he was out of position...

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:14 - Jan 3 with 5558 viewsJohnny_Boy

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:08 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You’ve never actually seen Marriott play, have you? 😂

Sears isn’t unsuited to being a wide forward. It’s when he was played wide as an emergency winger in a 442 that he was out of position...

I've never claimed to.

Funnily enough, do you think Mick ever did?

Has he just missed a trick in not seeing the potential in Marriott?
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:19 - Jan 3 with 5535 viewsBrixtonBlue

Flouncers? Blubbing? Melts?

Nice way to talk about your fellow supporters who only want the best for the club and have a slightly different opinion to you.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:20 - Jan 3 with 5527 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:14 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

I've never claimed to.

Funnily enough, do you think Mick ever did?

Has he just missed a trick in not seeing the potential in Marriott?

Bit strange to advocate playing him as a winger then

Did Mick not see the potential in Marriott or did he think he would never realise it at ITFC? It’s easy to say it was a mistake based on him being top scorer in the league below and mooted for a multi-million pound move, but given the way his career was drifting at the time we let him go it’s quite probable things would have worked out very differently had we kept him

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:23 - Jan 3 with 5507 viewsJohnny_Boy

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:20 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bit strange to advocate playing him as a winger then

Did Mick not see the potential in Marriott or did he think he would never realise it at ITFC? It’s easy to say it was a mistake based on him being top scorer in the league below and mooted for a multi-million pound move, but given the way his career was drifting at the time we let him go it’s quite probable things would have worked out very differently had we kept him

What's your honest view on the Moore sale?
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:27 - Jan 3 with 5493 viewsJohnny_Boy

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:19 - Jan 3 by BrixtonBlue

Flouncers? Blubbing? Melts?

Nice way to talk about your fellow supporters who only want the best for the club and have a slightly different opinion to you.

He probably still thinks Mick is going to turn things around.
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:27 - Jan 3 with 5494 viewsPendejo

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:16 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

Similar situation with Andy Cole and no doubt dozens of other players over the years. They improved because of the rejection / move not in spite of.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:32 - Jan 3 with 5483 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:23 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

What's your honest view on the Moore sale?

From a thread the other day:

“Meh, good transfer in itself as his value will likely never be higher and he’s not good enough to get into our team

Question is whether the money will be used to bring someone in we can actually use or just limit Evans losses - unfortunately the latter is probably more likely which I can’t really blame him for but isn’t great from a fans point of view”

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 5454 viewsPendejo

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 13:24 - Jan 3 by tractordownsouth

Yeah it's just one of those those things. Every club has one who slipped through the net like Vardy at Sheffield Wednesday and Austin at Reading.

Peter Beardsley & David Platt were released by Manure weren't they?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 5451 viewsJohnny_Boy

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:32 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

From a thread the other day:

“Meh, good transfer in itself as his value will likely never be higher and he’s not good enough to get into our team

Question is whether the money will be used to bring someone in we can actually use or just limit Evans losses - unfortunately the latter is probably more likely which I can’t really blame him for but isn’t great from a fans point of view”

It will be an expensive loan MID from the Prem.

The height of short term bodge fixes.
All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:42 - Jan 3 with 5427 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All the flouncers blubbing about us letting Marriott go on 14:35 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

It will be an expensive loan MID from the Prem.

The height of short term bodge fixes.

All Championship teams loan players from the top division, so not really sure what your point is here either

I actually think we’d have got a loan regardless, so the Moore money will basically just limit the clubs losses

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024