Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup memories 08:26 - Jan 6 with 12990 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Not necessarily good or bad just memories??

Everton away 4th round I think in the late 90s, we lost 1-0 and had a last minute Wilnis goal disallowed for what seemed like nothing at the time.

Sheff Utd 4-3 - we stayed in the same hotel as the players the night before and over a beer joe royle said we are 7-4 to win tomorrow lump on us. So he did only to be 3-0 down after 30 minutes or something stupid.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 8:27]
FA Cup memories on 17:55 - Jan 6 with 2262 viewsimsureazzure

FA Cup memories on 16:51 - Jan 6 by bahri

1975 at home to Aston Villa. Two nil down and won 3 - 2
Bryan Hamilton came on as sub and scored twice.
The year we were cheated in the semi final against West Ham

Villa were div 2 at the time from memory, they brought thousands, I hadn't really heard of them, I remember my dad telling me to my amazement that they were one of the most successful clubs in the FA cup.
FA Cup memories on 19:12 - Jan 6 with 2216 viewsGeoffSentence

FA Cup memories on 11:38 - Jan 6 by gainsboroughblue

That was Dozzell. D'Avray scored an o.g.

I am sure it was D'Avray, I even recalll Motson's commentary on MOTD 'Mich D'Avray.... of all people.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

FA Cup memories on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 2201 viewsRadlett_blue

FA Cup memories on 19:12 - Jan 6 by GeoffSentence

I am sure it was D'Avray, I even recalll Motson's commentary on MOTD 'Mich D'Avray.... of all people.

Bearing in mind his comment, Motson clearly hadn't seen D'Avray play very often.
My first Town game was just over 48 years ago in the FA Cup. We lost 1-0 at home to Man Utd, thanks to a last minute Mick McNeil own goal.
29,552 squeezed into PR; I was in the old "chicken run".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

FA Cup memories on 20:12 - Jan 6 with 2185 viewsbahri

FA Cup memories on 17:51 - Jan 6 by floridablue

I've already added to this topic about my first away day FA Cup memory on a rainy day in Manchester 1967 and for home games this would probably be my favourite Cup memory. 1975 and a packed Portman Rd, 35,000 crowd, buzzing days and then onto the epic 4 games against Leeds Utd. What a Cup year that was only to be bettered in 78!

The home against Leeds was 0 -0 and our record attendance. What unbelievably happy times.

redandella

FA Cup memories on 20:58 - Jan 6 with 2167 viewscaught-in-limbo

The colour has gone from the photo but not from memory.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

FA Cup memories on 09:46 - Jan 7 with 2093 viewsBluespeed225

FA Cup memories on 15:43 - Jan 6 by imsureazzure

The smallest steps on the terracing I have ever known, steps that were running with piss, ball spending ages in the river, rubber dolls were the only inflatables and the Ipswich special train meeting the narwich special train at Peterborough.

TWTD.

Bit of a recurring theme, 82’, coaches return8ng from Shrewsbury, we meet their coaches at, I think, Watford Gap, or Blue Boar, anyway, they’d been at WBA, nutty few minutes in the dark when people realised what had happened! The police bought one of theirs on our coaches to try and ID his assailants! He was in a bad way, very groggy, temporary bandage round his head. Coaches held in for ages, don’t think anyone was arrested!
FA Cup memories on 09:52 - Jan 7 with 2087 viewsnoggin

FA Cup memories on 09:30 - Jan 6 by Coastalblue

Shrewsbury away '81, never been so squashed.

There's a good photo somewhere of Town fans, scarves aloft, at that game.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

FA Cup memories on 12:40 - Jan 7 with 2046 viewsArgyle_blue

1981 - Played Forest away quarter final. My dad and hid friend were season ticket holders at Forest but I was always a Town fan. Went 2-0 up only to go 3-2 down. Thijssen with a deflected equaliser 3-3! 10-year-old me jumping about in the Forest support unable to contain myself. Won the replay 1-0 at Portman Road only to have heart broken by Paul Power. Recently found highlights here. Those were the days.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 12:41]
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup memories on 13:07 - Jan 7 with 2018 viewsjontysnut

FA Cup memories on 10:02 - Jan 6 by Radlett_blue

Surprised to hear that. Orient have never had a hooligan element. Was it Millwall fans wanting a replay of 1978 at the Den?

I don't know if my memory is going but I seem to remember some of their fans wearing crash helmets at the home game
FA Cup memories on 13:58 - Jan 7 with 1997 viewsBluespeed225

FA Cup memories on 12:40 - Jan 7 by Argyle_blue

1981 - Played Forest away quarter final. My dad and hid friend were season ticket holders at Forest but I was always a Town fan. Went 2-0 up only to go 3-2 down. Thijssen with a deflected equaliser 3-3! 10-year-old me jumping about in the Forest support unable to contain myself. Won the replay 1-0 at Portman Road only to have heart broken by Paul Power. Recently found highlights here. Those were the days.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 12:41]

3 days after St Etienne away! I remember a group of older lads coming onto the terrace, the6 had coming in straight from France, all had different Lacoste tops on. tWTD!
FA Cup memories on 14:15 - Jan 7 with 1982 viewsKilburnBlue

Van Den Hauwe late equaliser at Goodson Park 1985 in the quarter finals against Everton.

2-1 up with minutes to go then Steve McCall got himself sent off with a straight red. In them days that challenge was never a straight red.

If we had won that game (or the replay) we would have had Luton in the semi-final.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 14:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024