Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running a half marathon... 08:37 - Feb 12 with 5066 viewsitfcjoe

...what is best to wear? Not in a running gear kind of way.

Couple of people have said should wear an ITFC shirt, as would garner some support if any town fans see me running (It's in London), or a shirt with name on so people can shout it.

Any thoughts from those that have done these events previously?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Running a half marathon... on 17:30 - Feb 12 with 720 viewsMullet

Retro ITFC Keeper kit for obvious blockbuster film related japery from the crowd.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Running a half marathon... on 18:15 - Feb 12 with 696 viewsBeds_blue

Running a half marathon... on 10:44 - Feb 12 by Tractor_Buck

I'm running my first half marathon at the Great East in September. It's a long journey for a long run but an opportunity that I couldn't refuse. Gives me plenty of time to train as well - current longest competitive run is 10k, although I have run a half-marathon distance as a social.

Only one concern - my club shirt (Telford Harriers) is green and gold quarters (NB: not green and yellow). I suspect it'll get me a few cheery shouts as I go round....

It is this colour scheme which is making me think twice about entering the Ironbridge half! The t-shirt may never get worn.
Running a half marathon... on 10:31 - Feb 13 with 654 viewsTractor_Buck

Running a half marathon... on 18:15 - Feb 12 by Beds_blue

It is this colour scheme which is making me think twice about entering the Ironbridge half! The t-shirt may never get worn.

Do it. It's a brilliant (but very challenging) course, and the scenery and support is excellent.

Last years T-shirt was plain green with gold print so not so bad.

Let me know if you do decide to do it. I'll be at the 2 mile/12 mile marshall point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024