Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket survey.... 10:38 - Mar 18 with 18686 viewsitfcjoe

Ahead of Fans Forum this week just trying to do a bit of research. If you'd prefer to answer by PM give me a shout - but basically I need to gather some info on the following.

If you are a season ticket holder will you be renewing for the 2018/19 as things stand?

If you are not a season ticket holder will you be purchasing one for the 2018/19 season as things stand?

If you will not be purchasing one next season, would any of the following persuade you to purchase one?

- A small price drop, or prices staying the same
- A significant price drop
- A change in manager
- A combination of the above - please state
- None of the above

Thanks

Joe
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 10:39]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ticket survey.... on 15:00 - Mar 18 with 3780 viewsfabian_illness

I'll renew no matter what.

I'd consider committing to a long term ticket if MM stays.
Season ticket survey.... on 15:01 - Mar 18 with 3777 viewsSteve_M

Season ticket survey.... on 14:45 - Mar 18 by ITFC_Forever

When Crossrail is (finally) finished, shouldn’t this reduce the rail-works?

Far more likely there will be some additional engineering works created to make Saturdays difficult still. It really is a pain in the arse every couple of weeks.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Season ticket survey.... on 15:06 - Mar 18 with 3767 viewsFarmerpiles

Will not renew if MM stays. 33yrs ST holder, can remember poor football & poor teams under Duncan, McGiven. But never such boring negative football as now. Agree with Warkalone who said it's that setting up not to lose approach rather then trying to win games that's driven so many away. Give me mid table finishes ,half decent football to enjoy , punching above our weight and get our identity back. And a manager who doesn't constantly 'remind' me what a great job he's done, is doing, and ' be careful what you wish for'. I shouted "get out of our club' end of Hull game. I also clapped the players who came up to the SBR stand. I love my club, my team. But he has to go.
Season ticket survey.... on 15:13 - Mar 18 with 3755 viewsnorfsufblue

I'll almost certainly renew because it would break my heart not to.......
However that does not mean I don't regularly revisit the question and ask myself why... I'm really frightened that one day I might just give myself a different answer!

Marcus Evans needs to reboot the whole thing and that obviously includes the management team and prices.
One thing that would be a positive move now there are so many empty seats would be a flat rate right round the ground save a few premium central seats on either side of the pitch.
Another idea would be to include home cup games as it's not like we play more than one a year.... and if a
most s/t holder saw it as a free game and actually attended, with reasonable catering prices and service it could be near cost neutral?
But without a good product producing a reasonably successful home record attendances will not improve I fear.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 15:40]
Season ticket survey.... on 15:37 - Mar 18 with 3725 viewsSuperfrans

Season ticket survey.... on 14:45 - Mar 18 by ITFC_Forever

When Crossrail is (finally) finished, shouldn’t this reduce the rail-works?

The rail replacement has been an issue since well before the Crossrail project. You’d hope they might stop, but I’m not holding my breath.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Season ticket survey.... on 15:43 - Mar 18 with 3711 viewstextbackup

Season ticket survey.... on 13:07 - Mar 18 by Superfrans

Even if the manager is Gary Megson?

;-)

hand on heart, probably yes, just anything different will do me lol

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Season ticket survey.... on 16:44 - Mar 18 with 3697 viewsRegencyBlue

Have been a supporter for more than 40 years and a season ticket holder for more than half that time.

Was on the verge of giving it up last summer but at the last minute decided to give it one more go. Frankly I wish I hadn’t bothered!

The first thing I have to say is that if MM is still there next season you couldn’t pay me to come back. Having said that our problems go way beyond the manager.

I don’t believe a word that comes from the Evans regime so it would take an obvious change in approach by our illustrious owner before I even consider renewing.
Season ticket survey.... on 18:19 - Mar 18 with 3646 viewsportmanroadblue

I will be renewing.
If I wasnt a ST holder, I would not be buying one next season unless there is a new manager and a lot cheaper.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket survey.... on 18:29 - Mar 18 with 3637 viewsnotleyblue

Gave season ticket up 2 seasons ago because of McCarthy's boring hoof ball style of football. Will renew when football returns to Portman Road.
Season ticket survey.... on 19:06 - Mar 18 with 3611 viewsJakeITFC

I’ll renew.
Season ticket survey.... on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 3571 viewslinhdi

I am a season ticket holder. I will renew.
Season ticket survey.... on 20:28 - Mar 18 with 3565 viewsjaykay

never had a season ticket and been supporting the town since 1956. most fans paid on the gate , till we made the premier league. remember on some cold wintery night games you were told to keep your ticket stub as if we made the cup final that year, you would be one of the first to get a ticket on producing the stub. T.W.T.D. when you queued up at 6 in the morning .to get your semi final and cup final tickets

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Season ticket survey.... on 22:12 - Mar 18 with 3520 viewsBrixtonBlue

ST holder for 25 years.

Undecided.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Season ticket survey.... on 22:13 - Mar 18 with 3518 viewsSteve_M

Season ticket survey.... on 15:37 - Mar 18 by Superfrans

The rail replacement has been an issue since well before the Crossrail project. You’d hope they might stop, but I’m not holding my breath.

It's been an issue longer than we've been in this division; that's how tedious it is!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Season ticket survey.... on 00:04 - Mar 19 with 3475 viewsTractorWood

I didn't renew at the start of this season as we were rudderless and hadn't addressed any of the issues. We still haven't. If I see an investment strategy, some honest comms with fans and an effort to mend our fractured fan base I'd consider it.

Price is a peripheral consideration, but the DD removes most of the pain. I've probably only done 7/8 games this season as without a ST I've found myself doing other stuff when the generic opponents we've been playing for 15 years come along.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Season ticket survey.... on 01:42 - Mar 19 with 3449 viewsharlingblue

As a Senior season ticket holder, I will be renewing.
I would prefer a change of Manager as MM has divided the fan base just too far.
His name in the game has brought us in some fine loan players, but his scouting staff need to earn their worth, too many good buys are turning out to be crocks.
A return to the previous Senior Citizen Discount should come back into place, these folk supported the team in the poor and golden days.
Younger supporters, need help, starved of any real glory days, no cup runs, a reduction of entrance fee is a must.
Last but not least, Marcus Evans to introduce himself to THE FANS, this club needs a figurehead, then perhaps For Stress Portman Road, can become Fortress Portman Road again?
Season ticket survey.... on 07:16 - Mar 19 with 3410 viewsMillsey

Yes
Season ticket survey.... on 07:46 - Mar 19 with 3394 viewshanoverblue

After 31 years as a season ticket holder I will not be renewing as I find the experience of going to Portman road these days are boring ,yes the football is boring but I think the club need a good shake up from top to bottom ,long queues at the food outlets that are open ,real ale in legends bar is quite often not keep well and taste awful ,trees growing in the upper sir Alf Ramsey roof ,Ian Milne as a puppet man for Marcus Evans ,
Season ticket survey.... on 08:12 - Mar 19 with 3368 viewstrncbluearmy

Even though I live 2000 miles away and can only get to a few home matches a season, if there was a change of manager to someone the fans can relate to and a significant reduction in season ticket prices, I would get a season ticket to support the club,would also renew my Academy sponsorship.
Season ticket survey.... on 08:26 - Mar 19 with 3358 viewsKieran_Knows

I currently have a season ticket.

I will only renew if Mick leaves.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Season ticket survey.... on 08:31 - Mar 19 with 3350 viewsElderGrizzly

Season ticket survey.... on 08:26 - Mar 19 by Kieran_Knows

I currently have a season ticket.

I will only renew if Mick leaves.

And is replaced by Kenny Jackett?
Season ticket survey.... on 08:31 - Mar 19 with 3350 viewsbuoyant

Season ticket survey.... on 07:46 - Mar 19 by hanoverblue

After 31 years as a season ticket holder I will not be renewing as I find the experience of going to Portman road these days are boring ,yes the football is boring but I think the club need a good shake up from top to bottom ,long queues at the food outlets that are open ,real ale in legends bar is quite often not keep well and taste awful ,trees growing in the upper sir Alf Ramsey roof ,Ian Milne as a puppet man for Marcus Evans ,

Off topic I know, but were there such things as season tickets in 1987?

I have no idea when they were introduced

UTT

Season ticket survey.... on 08:33 - Mar 19 with 3347 viewsKieran_Knows

Season ticket survey.... on 08:31 - Mar 19 by ElderGrizzly

And is replaced by Kenny Jackett?

Ha! That's a good point.

If it was another 'run of the mill' type manager (like Jackett), let's just say i'd be unsure whether i'd renew or not. I think I probably would, just to go along for the ride!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Season ticket survey.... on 08:37 - Mar 19 with 3333 viewsITFC_Forever

Season ticket survey.... on 08:31 - Mar 19 by buoyant

Off topic I know, but were there such things as season tickets in 1987?

I have no idea when they were introduced

Yes, for several decades before that.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Season ticket survey.... on 08:42 - Mar 19 with 3321 viewsbuoyant

Season ticket survey.... on 08:37 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, for several decades before that.

Cheers.

Thinking about it, I remember my old mate chucking his ticket book on the pitch. That was in the Duncan era, so late eighties I guess.

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024