Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket survey.... 10:38 - Mar 18 with 18685 viewsitfcjoe

Ahead of Fans Forum this week just trying to do a bit of research. If you'd prefer to answer by PM give me a shout - but basically I need to gather some info on the following.

If you are a season ticket holder will you be renewing for the 2018/19 as things stand?

If you are not a season ticket holder will you be purchasing one for the 2018/19 season as things stand?

If you will not be purchasing one next season, would any of the following persuade you to purchase one?

- A small price drop, or prices staying the same
- A significant price drop
- A change in manager
- A combination of the above - please state
- None of the above

Thanks

Joe
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 10:39]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I support Ipswich, so..... on 12:45 - Mar 18 with 4666 viewsBloots

....I'll renew whatever.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Season ticket survey.... on 12:46 - Mar 18 with 4671 viewssundaze

Season ticket survey.... on 10:50 - Mar 18 by bluesym

I cancelled my season ticket of 16years in the summer,a change of manager would make me get another one (dependant on who it is)

Cost has never been the issue for me as direct debits of around the 30quid a month mark ive always found reasonable.

This is exactly how I would have replied, word for word.
Season ticket survey.... on 12:58 - Mar 18 with 4664 viewsManchesterblue

Don't have a season ticket, didn't renew after 40years last season,
Probably won't get one next year as it hasn't changed and it still shocking football, went to 6 games this year, money not the issue Change of Manager / Owner desperately needed you can't keep floggin a dead horse

Season ticket survey.... on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 4658 viewsSuperfrans

I’m likely to renew, but I have thought of chucking it in.

It’s hard to put it down to one reason tbh, as it’s more a combination of things - the lack of entertainment and the generally negativity around the club play a part, but so do the regular travel problems (the rail replacement between London and Ipswich).

The latter have been particularly annoying this season and have been the case for years - personally, I’m fed up with them after so long, and the negative atmosphere/football make it feel less worth the hassle. I’m sure that must be the case for lots of fans from London, south Essex or who come via this route.

Not sure what, if anything, the club, could do about this. But I’m that they’re losing ticket sales from this, both from away fans and home fans who live south of Chelmsford. Maybe some kind of agreement with Greater Anglia...?

A price increase would probably tip the balance against renewing.

Aside from this, I’d like to see a reinstatement of the 60-65yo concession. Changing it back would show that the club recognise they got it wrong and would likely help bring back (or retain) some of those fans. I know that if I was 60/61, I’d renew with the concession but not without.

PS. I’m among a group of 5/6 who are likely to all renew.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 13:09]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Season ticket survey.... on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 4660 viewsbluejacko

As someone who was stuffed with the concession price last time the nerve is still raw!
I doubt I will renew if he is still here and if they expect me to cough up £60 on top of the season tkt price.
Season ticket survey.... on 13:05 - Mar 18 with 4655 viewsReuser_is_God

I’ll get a ST if...

A change in manager along with a change in strategy by the club.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Season ticket survey.... on 13:07 - Mar 18 with 4650 viewsSuperfrans

Season ticket survey.... on 10:43 - Mar 18 by textbackup

If you are a season ticket holder will you be renewing for the 2018/19 as things stand?
No
If you are not a season ticket holder will you be purchasing one for the 2018/19 season as things stand?
N/A
If you will not be purchasing one next season, would any of the following persuade you to purchase one?
- A change in manager

Even if the manager is Gary Megson?

;-)

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Season ticket survey.... on 13:13 - Mar 18 with 4639 viewsmonty_radio

No
- A change in manager
- A significant price-drop

And a credible plan shared with the community
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 13:16]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket survey.... on 13:28 - Mar 18 with 4618 viewsHoppersblue10

No

I will not be purchasing a season ticket, furthermore I will not be attending any games until Mick has left the club.
I coach adult football on Sat afternoon

- A small price drop, or prices staying the same
- A significant price drop
- A change in manager
- A combination of the above - please state
- None of the above

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Season ticket survey.... on 13:33 - Mar 18 with 4614 viewsTheBoyBlue

None of the above. I think for one reason and another Mick's time is up, but even with a change of manager nothing will change without either ME leaving or investing seriously. Seeing as we've been promised investment in the past and got none, I wouldn't believe it if they did say they were going to invest. Therefore I cannot see any scenario that would tempt me back to a season ticket apart from a change of owner.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Season ticket survey.... on 13:34 - Mar 18 with 4614 viewsWarkalone

Myself (I am female!) and my husband will not renew if Mick is staying. Had season tickets for 18 years and attended most home games since around 1979.
A good price reduction would be a sweetener, but the main reason for not renewing is the boring football that Mick serves up. Playing not to lose instead of trying to win. Have virtually fallen out with the game altogether because of the dross for the last few years.
Season ticket survey.... on 13:34 - Mar 18 with 4613 viewsjas0999

I’ll only renew if it’s confirmed MM is leaving. Also want to hear from Marcus Evans regarding the plan.
Season ticket survey.... on 13:37 - Mar 18 with 4609 viewsbuoyant

I had a season ticket for the last lot of glory years, before then I used to go casually but regularly so it made sense to get one all round really. I gave it up (coincidentally) owing to working abroad and came back to the Jewell debacle. On the occasions that I have been in that and subsequent seasons, hand on heart, I've not really enjoyed any of the games

I simply think that I've fallen out of love with football. I'd go more often if there was a more positive environment all round, whatever that means for that to happen I have no idea and little hope currently. It's not just the 16 years of 2nd tier football, it's not my age or finding other things to do instead either, it's the lack of entertainment and I guess affinity with a club and game that I once loved

UTT

Season ticket survey.... on 13:41 - Mar 18 with 4596 viewsTheBlueBarca

The biggest question for me is, investment. You could put Sir Alex in our job and he'd fail because the clubs set up to fail. If the people at the top wont change, then a change of manager will do sweet f'a here..

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Season ticket survey.... on 13:45 - Mar 18 with 4591 viewsWeirdFishes

Renewing, can’t imagine any circumstance where I wouldn’t.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Season ticket survey.... on 13:45 - Mar 18 with 4588 viewsBloomBlue

I'm a season ticket holder and I'll be renewing
Season ticket survey.... on 13:45 - Mar 18 with 4592 viewsartsbossbeard

Renewing for both Beard Jnr and myself. My mate who I sit with will be renewing 2x Jnrs and himself.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Season ticket survey.... on 13:46 - Mar 18 with 4585 viewslongtimefan

Season ticket survey.... on 13:13 - Mar 18 by monty_radio

No
- A change in manager
- A significant price-drop

And a credible plan shared with the community
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 13:16]

If you need a price drop as well as a change of Manager, out of interest what price do you think season tickets should be?
Season ticket survey.... on 13:50 - Mar 18 with 4570 viewsDublinBlue84

I'm not a season ticket holder for several years as I was living in Dublin and only recently moved back to Suffolk.

No.

A change in manager.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Season ticket survey.... on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 4535 viewsbrogansnose

I and two others will be renewing as things stand.

In addition 1 who did not renew last season but has come to some matches will renew if Mick leaves.

With the first three, us renewing doesn't mean that we are happy with Evans and he needs to sort his act out which is more important than any Mick issue.
Season ticket survey.... on 14:29 - Mar 18 with 4533 viewsmeekreech

Season ticket survey.... on 12:09 - Mar 18 by Swn98

I will be renewing and hope MM is here as well.

I am taking it further than you in that I will only renew if Mccarthy is still the manager because in my opinion he has to be allowed the time with the injured returnees to show the promise they offered plus with a change of management improvement or success are never guaranteed ! There are very few managers available who would be able to maintain our status under the terms that Mccarthy has had to, relegation would be a very likely result.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Season ticket survey.... on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 4534 viewsbraveblue

Gave up last season.

Change of manager, seniors reinstated and statement from owner.

To ge honest, like many others I know, when you get out of the habit after 26 years it takes a lot to come back. But Milne understands all of this!!!!
Season ticket survey.... on 14:38 - Mar 18 with 4512 viewsJ2BLUE

Not a ST holder

Won't be buying one for the foreseeable future. By the time the next season starts I won't be working Saturdays so there won't be that to contend with. The reason I won't be getting one is because there are several times each season I won't be able to attend. This combined with the 8 (4 home) guaranteed midweek matches shown on Sky next season means it offers much greater flexibility to pick and choose games.

I will look at any bundle deals with interest. If they change the manager and approach i'll look for ways of contributing more money by attending more games, subscribing to ifollow etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season ticket survey.... on 14:42 - Mar 18 with 4506 viewsnorth_stand77

Was a season ticket holder for many years, but gave it up this season (used to buy 2 tickets) because of the concession age being changed. Have been to several games this season but ME has lost my support ( financially and emotionally as a result of my feeling let down by the club ).

What would bring me back?

1. A plan by ME to change the way the club is run to be be more fan and community friendly. An intention for injection of funds for the manager.

2. A concession on the concession. Go back to 60 rather than 65.

3. A change in style of play - if MM cannot do that, then bring in a more creative manager.

I would definitely renew under these circumstances.
Season ticket survey.... on 14:45 - Mar 18 with 4503 viewsITFC_Forever

Season ticket survey.... on 13:03 - Mar 18 by Superfrans

I’m likely to renew, but I have thought of chucking it in.

It’s hard to put it down to one reason tbh, as it’s more a combination of things - the lack of entertainment and the generally negativity around the club play a part, but so do the regular travel problems (the rail replacement between London and Ipswich).

The latter have been particularly annoying this season and have been the case for years - personally, I’m fed up with them after so long, and the negative atmosphere/football make it feel less worth the hassle. I’m sure that must be the case for lots of fans from London, south Essex or who come via this route.

Not sure what, if anything, the club, could do about this. But I’m that they’re losing ticket sales from this, both from away fans and home fans who live south of Chelmsford. Maybe some kind of agreement with Greater Anglia...?

A price increase would probably tip the balance against renewing.

Aside from this, I’d like to see a reinstatement of the 60-65yo concession. Changing it back would show that the club recognise they got it wrong and would likely help bring back (or retain) some of those fans. I know that if I was 60/61, I’d renew with the concession but not without.

PS. I’m among a group of 5/6 who are likely to all renew.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 13:09]

When Crossrail is (finally) finished, shouldn’t this reduce the rail-works?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024