Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoff Final at Wembley today 16:28 - May 12 with 6681 viewsGlebeTractor

Tranmere red card on 55 seconds for a two footed lunge...

What an idiot!

[Post edited 12 May 2018 16:29]

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 22:08 - May 12 with 1284 viewsVaughan8

I must have my biased hat on but I didn't think that was a red card. It was wet and he was late on a slide tackle but I don't think it was "high". It was stupid especially as the ref has a track record of dishing out cards.

I bet there will be some of these over the weekend which are not even booked.

Boreham Wood players dived 3 times in the area first half, no card. Jennings did it at the end (despite being elbowed in the head) Gets a yellow card. The ref was very inconsistent.

Added 6 minutes on in first half and then Bwood scored in 45+8? Sound familiar? Haha

Having said that I think BorehamWood should have had a penalty at the end......!

Glad Tranmere are back in the league. I'm sure some teams will poach Bwoods players now.

They should have really won. 10 men for 100 minutes they should not have lost that.
Playoff Final at Wembley today on 22:24 - May 12 with 1263 viewswkj

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 22:08 - May 12 by Vaughan8

I must have my biased hat on but I didn't think that was a red card. It was wet and he was late on a slide tackle but I don't think it was "high". It was stupid especially as the ref has a track record of dishing out cards.

Boreham Wood players dived 3 times in the area first half, no card. Jennings did it at the end (despite being elbowed in the head) Gets a yellow card. The ref was very inconsistent.

Added 6 minutes on in first half and then Bwood scored in 45+8? Sound familiar? Haha

Having said that I think BorehamWood should have had a penalty at the end......!

Glad Tranmere are back in the league. I'm sure some teams will poach Bwoods players now.

They should have really won. 10 men for 100 minutes they should not have lost that.

I honestly dont see how you think that isn't a red card, the player of BW couldn't have done anything to avoid it, The player getting a red barely protested, and apparently the feeling amolungst Tranmere fans on their forums were not favourable toward the offending player. It was a dangerous tackle, intent or not (i think its safe to assume 55s in it wouldn't be intent) he had to go.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:24]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 22:37 - May 12 with 1243 viewsRyorry

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 17:36 - May 12 by HarryfromBath

"Bye Liam!" Judging from Tranmere fans' comments, if I were him, I would probably think twice about getting on that open-topped bus if they have one. They accused him of bottling challenges all season before that lunge.

"They accused him of bottling challenges all season before that lunge."

So he decided to go for it with that challenge partly to prove them wrong?!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 22:39 - May 12 with 1242 viewsm14_blue

Football's all about opinions but that's about as clear a red card as you can get for me.

If you can show me a similar tackle over the weekend that doesn't result in at least a booking I'll be amazed. High, late, reckless and unbelievably stupid.

Fantastic effort from his team mates.
Playoff Final at Wembley today on 23:01 - May 12 with 1218 viewsgilo1973

The ref has been awful all season especially the Sutton game when he sent Jamie Collins off for no reason and disallowed a perfectly valid goal for Bromley. Having said that it is hard not to agree with this decision.
Tranmere should do well this year and I am glad Boreham Wood didn't go up - they are one of the teams in the NL who attract a dodgy following and their players tend to play act. Would be happy to see BW go down alongside Eastleigh and Bromley

Poll: What price do you think match tickets should start at? (Adult)

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 23:33 - May 12 with 1193 viewsVaughan8

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 22:39 - May 12 by m14_blue

Football's all about opinions but that's about as clear a red card as you can get for me.

If you can show me a similar tackle over the weekend that doesn't result in at least a booking I'll be amazed. High, late, reckless and unbelievably stupid.

Fantastic effort from his team mates.

I know slide tackles are going out the game so maybe I just haven't caught up yet. Is high classed as just above the foot now? Its not exactly knee height. He only flies up because he lifts his leg after the tackle. I think that makes it look worse.

I can't agree with the "as clear as red card as you will get" though. Surely someone punching someone is more clear. Anyway, I will agree to disagree. As I said, maybe I have my biased hat on and i'm in the minority here.

Just glad it didn't affect the end result.
Playoff Final at Wembley today on 23:42 - May 12 with 1187 viewsVaughan8

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 17:00 - May 12 by Binner

...and BBC is saying that Ginnelly was hit on the head by a bottle. Is that why he was subbed?

No i think it was a "tactical" change apparently. He was taken off about 30 mins after being hit so I don't think it was to do with that.
Playoff Final at Wembley today on 05:08 - May 13 with 1141 viewspowinswitch

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 18:31 - May 12 by DanFord

What player dreams of playing at a packed 30,000 stadium? You dream of winning titles, playing for your country and playing at Wembley. I doubt the players cared it wasn’t 90,000. It was the most famous stadium in the world in front of the biggest crowd they’d ever played in front of in most cases.

I’ll preface this by saying I was not a great footballer, but a determined centre back.

I was lucky enough to play in a cup final at the Hong Kong national stadium in front of 13,000 or so. It was spine tingling awesome. We lost on penalties. Medal is in the garage somewhere and hasn’t seen the light of day for decades.

I also played in a game which was televised in Central America. It was also live on radio, and we could here the commentary at the match. To hear ‘Powinswitch is carrying the ball forward’ was like being a 10 year old, with Motty commentating on your cup final winner at Wembley in your head. I did score in that game.

Think every player will remember that game for ever
Login to get fewer ads

Playoff Final at Wembley today on 06:47 - May 13 with 1118 viewstortoise

There’s not a striking difference in colour between those kits is there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024