Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intermittent fasting 10:20 - Jun 12 with 12948 viewschicoazul

Lads, this is a genuinely life changing thing to do. I have been on it for a month and I recommend it whole-heartedly. I do 16 hours out of 24 on fast and have never since my mid-20s had so much energy. Getting over the first couple of weeks hunger is the hardest part but once that is done it just becomes easy and part of ones life. It makes life easier, makes me more productive and healthier, and saves time and a bit of money. If you are thinking of trying it do it, if you have never heard of it but you want to lose weight or feel healthier or whatever then look into it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Intermittent fasting on 10:22 - Jun 12 with 6715 viewsLord_Lucan

Just food or liquids as well?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Intermittent fasting on 10:24 - Jun 12 with 6703 viewsJ2BLUE

My eating window was 16:30-20:00 until recently. Hardcore stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Intermittent fasting on 10:26 - Jun 12 with 6697 viewschicoazul

Intermittent fasting on 10:22 - Jun 12 by Lord_Lucan

Just food or liquids as well?

Nooooo you mustn't not drink. I drink water and black coffee on fast. I have the odd cup of tea on fast too with a tiny bit of milk, there is a lot of contradictory reporting on whether that breaks the fast and whether that tiny bit of milk stimulates insulin release, enzymes in your liver etc but it works fine for me so far.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Intermittent fasting on 10:27 - Jun 12 with 6684 viewschicoazul

Intermittent fasting on 10:24 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

My eating window was 16:30-20:00 until recently. Hardcore stuff.

haha wow, that *is* hardcore. No way could I do that so props to you friend.

Intermittent fasting on 10:30 - Jun 12 with 6660 viewsStokieBlue

Intermittent fasting on 10:26 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

Nooooo you mustn't not drink. I drink water and black coffee on fast. I have the odd cup of tea on fast too with a tiny bit of milk, there is a lot of contradictory reporting on whether that breaks the fast and whether that tiny bit of milk stimulates insulin release, enzymes in your liver etc but it works fine for me so far.

My mate does it one day a week although I believe he doesn't have liquids either which is annoying when we want to go to the pub.

Do you have the information on the science behind you having more energy? That should be directly related to your calorie intake up unto a point shouldn't it?

Glad it's working for you :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Intermittent fasting on 10:35 - Jun 12 with 6634 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Been hearing more & more about this, but not sure I'm comfortable with the concept as it doesn't add up in terms of my knowledge of nutrition.

Plus at the weekend when playing Cricket, I hadn't eaten since 8am and by 3pm I was so hungry that I could hardly concentrate & drifted out of focus and put that down as the main reason for dropping 2 catches
Intermittent fasting on 10:36 - Jun 12 with 6617 viewsLord_Lucan

Intermittent fasting on 10:26 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

But I only eat once a day so in effect I fast for 23 hours

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Intermittent fasting on 10:39 - Jun 12 with 6598 viewsJ2BLUE

Intermittent fasting on 10:35 - Jun 12 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Been hearing more & more about this, but not sure I'm comfortable with the concept as it doesn't add up in terms of my knowledge of nutrition.

Plus at the weekend when playing Cricket, I hadn't eaten since 8am and by 3pm I was so hungry that I could hardly concentrate & drifted out of focus and put that down as the main reason for dropping 2 catches

but not sure I'm comfortable with the concept as it doesn't add up in terms of my knowledge of nutrition.

Can you explain that please?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Intermittent fasting on 10:39 - Jun 12 with 6595 viewsEJP

I’m doing it as well (11am to 7pm eating window) as I dropped a lot of weight after the two marathons and wanted to keep it off.

Breakfast time at weekends when feeding daughter 3 is the worst for me!
Intermittent fasting on 10:41 - Jun 12 with 6573 viewsGuthrum

Intermittent fasting on 10:35 - Jun 12 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The human brain is one of the most energy-hungry organs in the body.

If I'm doing something particularly strenuous (as part of what is anyway a physical job), I can feel the blood sugar levels dropping if I haven't got round to eating at the right time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Intermittent fasting on 10:43 - Jun 12 with 6554 viewsGuthrum

Surely breakfast (at the beginning of an active day) is one of the meals you can least afford to miss? On the other hand, hunger at night leads to poor sleep.

Intermittent fasting on 10:43 - Jun 12 with 6552 viewsKeno

isn't this along the principle of Ramadan?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Intermittent fasting on 10:44 - Jun 12 with 6553 viewsipswichtillidie

I’ve done various fast days this year for 24hour periods once weekly over a month period. Meal time around 7pm and then fast until 7pm the next day. Essentially with a long sleep your only then missing breakfast and lunch before your next meal. Once your body goes into ketosis it is actually a nice feeling (if you can get there!) A great way to lose body fat and shock your body into fat burning mode. Always keep up your fluids as mentioned above.

Gav

Intermittent fasting on 10:46 - Jun 12 with 6520 viewsJ2BLUE

Intermittent fasting on 10:44 - Jun 12 by ipswichtillidie

I’ve done various fast days this year for 24hour periods once weekly over a month period. Meal time around 7pm and then fast until 7pm the next day. Essentially with a long sleep your only then missing breakfast and lunch before your next meal. Once your body goes into ketosis it is actually a nice feeling (if you can get there!) A great way to lose body fat and shock your body into fat burning mode. Always keep up your fluids as mentioned above.

As far as fat burning goes, is that really true?

If you are trying to lose weight does it matter if you have 1800 calories spread across 12 hours or 1800 calories spread across 6 hours? It all seems to be down to a fear of insulin which is misguided.

Truly impaired.

Intermittent fasting on 10:48 - Jun 12 with 6511 viewsStokieBlue

Intermittent fasting on 10:41 - Jun 12 by Guthrum

The human brain is one of the most energy-hungry organs in the body.

If I'm doing something particularly strenuous (as part of what is anyway a physical job), I can feel the blood sugar levels dropping if I haven't got round to eating at the right time.

Yep - it's the most energy hungry organ - 20% of the total energy used by the body is used by the brain.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Intermittent fasting on 10:49 - Jun 12 with 6508 viewschicoazul

Intermittent fasting on 10:43 - Jun 12 by Guthrum

Surely breakfast (at the beginning of an active day) is one of the meals you can least afford to miss? On the other hand, hunger at night leads to poor sleep.

speaking personally, breakfast is a con played on us by the food industry. I don't miss it at all. Now I ought to add that I do not have a strenuous job and my morning consists of walking the kids to school (40 mins round trip) then working; making phone calls, reading, writing, sending emails, correcting people on TWTD. If I did have a physically difficult job where I am on my feet for 8 hours then I would adjust my feeding window to suit that.

Bottom line; eat 2 meals a day, not 3.

Intermittent fasting on 10:50 - Jun 12 with 6494 viewschicoazul

Intermittent fasting on 10:30 - Jun 12 by StokieBlue

My mate does it one day a week although I believe he doesn't have liquids either which is annoying when we want to go to the pub.

Do you have the information on the science behind you having more energy? That should be directly related to your calorie intake up unto a point shouldn't it?

Glad it's working for you :).

SB

I think the having more energy thing is personal and can vary from person to person.

However here is some Doctor dude who seems legit;

Intermittent fasting on 10:53 - Jun 12 with 6480 viewschicoazul

Intermittent fasting on 10:46 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

If you are trying to lose weight does it matter if you have 1800 calories spread across 12 hours or 1800 calories spread across 6 hours? It all seems to be down to a fear of insulin which is misguided.

Fat burning as I understand it is a very misguided term but fasting, again as I understand it, does indeed lead to fat loss.

Intermittent fasting on 10:54 - Jun 12 with 6465 viewsJ2BLUE

Intermittent fasting on 10:53 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

Fat burning as I understand it is a very misguided term but fasting, again as I understand it, does indeed lead to fat loss.

I challenge you to find me one study that shows fasting produces more fat loss when calories are equal over the day.

Truly impaired.

Intermittent fasting on 10:55 - Jun 12 with 6457 viewschicoazul

Intermittent fasting on 10:54 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

I challenge you to find me one study that shows fasting produces more fat loss when calories are equal over the day.

I don't think I can be bothered, sorry. I can only give you the benefit of my own experience.

Intermittent fasting on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 6442 viewsJ2BLUE

Intermittent fasting on 10:55 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

I don't think I can be bothered, sorry. I can only give you the benefit of my own experience.

I'll save you some time. They don't exist.

Not saying IF isn't useful. It just doesn't have any impact on the amount of fat lost when calories are equal.

Truly impaired.

Intermittent fasting on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 6446 viewsipswichtillidie

Intermittent fasting on 10:46 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Factually if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight, that will never change. Fasting tricks your body into starvation, lowering your sugar levels and forcing your body to take its energy from fat cells rather than from something you have just eaten. I found it useful in the respect of A)your calorie intake that day would be next to nothing, with a gym session included this would put you into negative equity so to speak calories wise B) it also helped me manage portion control with meals through “shrinking” your stomach. As hungry as you think you will be after 24hrs of not eating you’ll be surprised how little you’ll need to eat to satisfy yourself if you can maintain regular fasting. The common problem with most peoples weight often tends to be the quantity they eat rather than actually what they are eating! Remember if you clench of fist that should be the appox size of your stomach!!

Gav

Intermittent fasting on 10:59 - Jun 12 with 6430 viewsJ2BLUE

Intermittent fasting on 10:57 - Jun 12 by ipswichtillidie

Factually if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight, that will never change. Fasting tricks your body into starvation, lowering your sugar levels and forcing your body to take its energy from fat cells rather than from something you have just eaten. I found it useful in the respect of A)your calorie intake that day would be next to nothing, with a gym session included this would put you into negative equity so to speak calories wise B) it also helped me manage portion control with meals through “shrinking” your stomach. As hungry as you think you will be after 24hrs of not eating you’ll be surprised how little you’ll need to eat to satisfy yourself if you can maintain regular fasting. The common problem with most peoples weight often tends to be the quantity they eat rather than actually what they are eating! Remember if you clench of fist that should be the appox size of your stomach!!

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just saying they've tested timing when people eat loads of times and never found an advantage. Same with low carb/high carb etc. It's all about calories.

Truly impaired.

Intermittent fasting on 11:03 - Jun 12 with 6408 viewsGuthrum

Intermittent fasting on 10:49 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

speaking personally, breakfast is a con played on us by the food industry. I don't miss it at all. Now I ought to add that I do not have a strenuous job and my morning consists of walking the kids to school (40 mins round trip) then working; making phone calls, reading, writing, sending emails, correcting people on TWTD. If I did have a physically difficult job where I am on my feet for 8 hours then I would adjust my feeding window to suit that.

Bottom line; eat 2 meals a day, not 3.

Agree that the traditional three-meal pattern is better suited to physical work than a sedentary office job. Unfortunately, the working day is not well organised for having a big meal at around 4pm.

Intermittent fasting on 11:04 - Jun 12 with 6398 viewsSteve_M

Intermittent fasting on 10:50 - Jun 12 by chicoazul

I think the having more energy thing is personal and can vary from person to person.

However here is some Doctor dude who seems legit;

How have you come to posting youtube videos as evidence? I think there may be negative consequences to your fasting!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024